• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

Ancient rabbit - what to do?

Hi, I haven't posted on here for several years but thought I would come to you guys for some advice. I have no idea what to do for the best. I have two rabbits, Tess & Milo. Tess is 10 years old, Milo is 9. Poor Tess has reached the end of her days. She is totally blind, with tumours(!!) in...
  2. N

Free to a good home - hutch and run

I have a single tier 4ft hutch and a 4ft x 4ft run (seperate from the hutch) free to anyone who is able to collect them from Leeds by Saturday morning at the latest. They are both in good condition. The hutch is about 2 years old and could do with a good scrub but is perfectly solid (made with...
  3. N

Please help, possible EC

Milo has been off the last couple of days. He has been very picky about what he eats and has been a lot less active than usual. I thought it was a mild case of stasis and have been treating him for such (infacol, tummy rubs etc.), as his poos are very small and dark. However last night I...
  4. N

baby pigs I am fostering from Cheryl

I am fostering a few pregnant pigs for Cheryl (sgprescue), one of which gave birth today to 3 beautiful bouncing babies, 2 girls and a boy. They are all adorable. The boy, named Claude :D , is the darker gingery one and the smallest of the three. The two girls are yet to be named.
  5. N

Sharing a run

Do you think it would be ok for a pair of rabbits to share a run with a singleton but use it at different times? Now I have finished uni, I am living with my mum, whose partner bought a rabbit from a petshop on a whim about 18 months ago. This poor rabbit (a black dutch named Charlie) has been...
  6. N

Flea treatment?

I have just got back from taking Tess to the vets for her myxi vac and when i was there, the vet suggested that i start treating them for fleas as a preventative measure because we get so many foxes in our garden. trouble is he said it would need repeating every month and costs £16 a pop. With 2...
  7. N

The biggest mouth in the world!!

Why, what big teeth you have!!
  8. N

Babies day out

The baby boys got their first ever day on the grass yesterday and their first ever taste of scrummy grass. Front to back: Buster, Rusty (aka bennett - from freightliners farm), Bruno and Chip Chip doing his meerkat impression, standing on Rusty's back. Little Bruno just starting to...
  9. N

Flora pigs newborns - video - very very cute!!!

http://video.freevideoblog.com/video/5910356E-C1A9-4FC1-8FE7-1D75F0043939.htm new born guinea pigs - the cutest things in the world!!!
  10. N

My luscious ladies!

The guinea pigs are all out on the grass at the moment and loving it. The weather is finally mild enough without it actually raining (though a little damp) for them to go out and play. So here we have Pansy (black and white texel), Heather (lemon agouti rex), Holly (brindle abby) and last but...
  11. N

Hay monsters!!

Tess and Milo just luuuurve their hay! They munch on it non stop. It's thirsty work being a hay monster. But Tess' big bum is on the way so we have to squidge in as tight as we can to get to the water. They will eat about 3-4 times that amount of hay between them every day. Which is...
  12. N

A good read re pro/prebiotics

I found this whilst searching for the cheapest place to buy avipro. It makes very good reading. http://www.btinternet.com/~furandfeather/pdf/prebioticsnew.pdf
  13. N

Rabbits losing weight

My two, Milo and Tess, have been put on a hay only diet because of Milo's reoccurring stasis. They have been on it for roughly 3 weeks now. I have been giving them a bowl full of dried grass, unlimited meadow hay, a few herbs and one peice of veg each day ie. a cabbage leaf or a couple of...
  14. N

sudden stasis

Within the last couple of hours Milo has stopped eating and has become very lethargic. he was absolutely fine this morning, running around like a mad thing and ate all his breakfast and he passed a few poos. He is hunched up grinding his teeth. i have listened to his belly and i can't hear any...
  15. N

Aureomycin

Has anybody else ever tried this antibiotic on their snuffle buns? If not I would reccomend you give it a go. It has worked really well on Milo. I have only heard him sneeze about 3 or 4 times in the last month since he went onto this. The course finished several days ago and he is still sneeze...
  16. N

Transport needed from Beckenham in Kent to Leicester

This is for Misty, a little snuffle bun to get to her new home with me and my snuffle bun, Milo. Angela at GBH rehoming, where Misty currently is, has offered to do the first leg of the journey. Can anybody meet her just North of London or beyond to help her on her way to Leicester? Lyndsey...
  17. N

When to neuter a young snuffle bun?

I have managed to find a gorgous little girl with snuffles who would be a perfect match for Milo. She is rather small, around 850g and is just under 5 months old. I would really want to get her neutered to eliminate the cancer risk and to stop any broody behaviour but when would I need to do...
  18. N

very unhappy with my vet!!!

I took Milo to the vets this evening, as he has gone a bit snuffly and has a respiratory infection and the vet has prescribed him with amoxicillin. he said to me when he gave it that it is not registered for use on rabbits but that it should be fine. This did not sound very good to me so i...
  19. N

Shocking ebay advert - can this be real?

Can't get the link to work - type in lop eared female rabbit into the search bar (on ebay of course) and you will find it. How do I report it? This is shocking!!! there is even postage costs!!!!!
  20. N

A big thankyou!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum, as Milo, my lionhead gave me a real scare tonight but thanks to reading lots of posts on here i didnt panic and knew exactly what to do. I noticed at about 10 this evening that he hadnt been to the toilet since I had cleaned him out at about...
Back