• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Casco

Not all hay is equal!

I decided to try the hay again from the supplier I used to go to - £3.95 for 12kg so a fair bit cheaper than the £12 for 9kg from timothyhay.co.uk that I’ve been buying. Can you tell what side of the hay feeder I put the cheaper hay in?! :roll::lol:
  2. Casco

Treating sore hocks with destructive buns

Casper has sore hocks which don’t seem to be improving much. Has anyone successfully treated sore hocks with bunnies who destroy everything? Any soft surface I give them doesn’t last long! He doesn’t seem bothered by them and is running around as normal, you can’t actually see any redness at all...
  3. Casco

Which litter?

I always used megazorb with newspaper on top and a layer of hay which worked really well as I could lift the newspaper, tip the poop & hay into my garden bin and just scoop out the wet megazorb and replace. The rabbits then decided it was great fun to rip up the newspaper and megazorb isn’t...
  4. Casco

Vet dilemma

I need to find a local vet who can test eye pressure, my usual vet can’t. I have found 2 that can do this, 1 is a 15 minute drive the other a 30 minute drive. The one 30 minutes away my rabbits are already registered with as they get RHD2 vacs there. They are on the RWAF recommended vet list so...
  5. Casco

Partitioning off part of a room...

I’m considering partitioning off the back of my dining area for the bunnies rather than using a pen when I bring them back indoors soon. Has anyone used the manor pet housing style panels right across a room? I’m wondering if the panels will be secure enough if they are straight across a room...
  6. Casco

Cardboard castle - anyone seen this in stock?

I want to buy this castle again but can’t seem to find it in stock anywhere online - has anyone spotted one recently? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smartbedz-16-04-1900-Cardboard/dp/B00AO0WPY0
  7. Casco

My bunnies have moved house!

I moved them outdoors today, and it feels strange :lol: They seem to be quite liking it, they do have more space outside although the house is quiet without them!
  8. Casco

Bar biting driving me nuts!

Even when they have the whole room Casper still insists on biting the bars of the puppy pen which makes such a racket! He mostly bites the panel that’s next to the patio door. I let them out via the patio doors a few times the other week, could he be associating that section with getting outside...
  9. Casco

Could this be sore hocks?

I noticed a few smudges of blood on top of one of the hides & found it to be from Millie who had a bit of blood on one of her back feet. There’s no obvious signs of sore hocks, no thinning fur but when I separate the fur a bit the bottom of her foot possibly looks a bit red. Would there be blood...
  10. Casco

Anyone have an angora cross living outdoors?

I am considering moving my rabbits outdoors but the main thing stopping me (apart from the kids being dead set against the idea!) is my angora cross bunny. I prefer to keep his fur trimmed short as it’s so much easier to maintain that way but I’m assuming in the winter I can’t do that if he’s...
  11. Casco

Those who use timothyhay.co.uk....

What do you do with the bags when the hay is finished?! They seem too good to throw away so I’ve kept all mine to do something useful with. Trouble is I haven’t found anything useful yet :lol:
  12. Casco

The pet remedy effect?!

I’ve tried pet remedy (spray) before but didn’t notice much difference. Used it this afternoon as I was getting fed up with the chasing (currently trying to rebond my trio) and within a few minutes they were like this :shock: They stayed like that for maybe 20-30 minutes before Millie decided...
  13. Casco

Wrap up warm in this weather...

Coco appears to be trying to fashion himself a scarf out of the blue roll I left in the litter tray after mopping up a bit of pee :lol: He must have heard me talk about all the snow we have and thought he better prepare for the cold :D
  14. Casco

Sheet material for an indoor pen

My set up is partly wood & mesh panels I made, partly heavy duty puppy pen (I made a pen then decided it needed to be bigger and adding puppy pen panels was easier than making something else ;)) I would like to have some sort of solid surface on the wooden panels to stop the rabbits getting to...
  15. Casco

Rabbit friendly sofas?!

Ok I know there isn’t really such a thing, but I want to buy new sofas and am looking for the best option with house rabbits. I can’t get recliners :cry: because of the bunnies, and I need there to be no / very little gap underneath to stop them getting under the sofa. Has anyone found a...
  16. Casco

Rebonding after injury

Millie has been in a separate pen for just over 3 weeks now while an injury healed - I am desperate to get them back together and I think she is too. Her injury is healing well but not fully healed yet, when is it safe to try rebonding with her boys? It was an open wound hence the vet...
  17. Casco

Ignore

Ignore, photo doesn’t work. Will try later!
  18. Casco

Catit cabrio replacement door?

So annoyed with myself, was just cleaning out the carrier and tipped it upside down to get out a couple of nuggets that were inside. Forgot the door just lifts off the hinges - door fell off and the corner has broken off :cry: Has anyone bought a replacement door? I’ve had a quick google and...
  19. Casco

Names - how did you choose yours?

Finding it difficult to decide on a name for my new bunny, I don’t have a naming ‘theme’ going on for my current buns and there are just so many names out there I can’t decide :lol: So what names did you give yours and why? Was it just a name you liked or is there a reason behind the choice?
  20. Casco

Carrier for 4 bunnies?

Is there a carrier that would be suitable for 4 rabbits? I’m not sure I would even be able to carry 4 rabbits together mind you! Do those of you with quads put them all in 1 carrier for vet visits etc or do you split them into 2 carriers?
Back