• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. V

Rats!!

No idea where to post this. I noticed a few weeks ago that my bunnies seemed to be spending a lot less time in their shed (they have a playhouse with a hutch inside). I thought it was just the warmer wheather but the other day I heard some scrabbling noises behind the hutch (there's a gap behind...
  2. V

Outdoor bunnies not using hutch and chasing

Thank you all. Yes they are both neutered and I've never seen any fighting and they don't fight or squabble over food either. The chaser is more shy around humans so he tends to hide behind the other one who is more confident around us at feeding times. They always go into the shed and I shut...
  3. V

Outdoor bunnies not using hutch and chasing

Hi there, I have 2 male bunnies who have lived together since they were in the shop where we bought them in August 2015. Last March we moved them from the garage into a shed in the garden and they now have access to the garden at all times. Its well enclosed and there are no foxes in are area...
  4. V

Recommended rabbit boarding houses in Salisbury area

Hi there, Again, sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. I live in Salisbury and am looking for recommendations for suitable boarding places for my 2 rabbits to be cared for while we're away. Thanks
  5. V

Going away for a weekend/week

ThAt's a good idea. I'll try that. I've arranged for someone now for Christmas but we may be going away longer than I thought so it might be worth investigating whether a boarding house might be possible still. Certainly next time I'll try this option.
  6. V

Do you know, I didn't even realize that you got boarding places for rabbits. I thought moving them or taking them with you when you go away was a real no no. I'm sure I read that somewhere!? Anyway, that is certainly something I will look into. Preferably before we go away for Christmas. I'll...
  7. V

Hi there, I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. I just wondered what everyone does about getting their rabbits cared for while they're away. How much do you expect friends to do etc.? I usually pop in and give my bunnies hay in the morning and then give them more hay and...
  8. V

How can you tell if a pair isn't working

They've pretty much always been like this since we got them at the end of august. To me Theodore chasing doesn't LOOK aggressive apart from once ages ago when they managed to shut themshelves out of the hutch in the run and I think Theodore was very stressed out and kind of went for carrot...
  9. V

So do you think it would be best to separate them and find him a new partner? I'm of sure what I'd do about Theodore. I don't really want 2 set ups. I feel I've made real progress with him though. He was very shy at first. But I don't like to think carrot is nervous all the time.
  10. V

How much hay do you feed

I tried a hay rack and they just ignored it. It just seemed to get in the way. It sounds like I'm giving about as much as everyone else. I've recently changed to a different (cheaper) brand of hay and they seem to like it better so it was mostly all gone today. I have 4 litter trays which I top...
  11. V

I'm not sure they both want to be dominant really. Carrot seems to get out of the other ones way almost too quickly. He seems quite jumpy but I've never seen any actual aggression to be honest just possible chasing from the other one. And the occasional hair. Carrot is always going up to the...
  12. V

How much hay do you feed

Hi there, I top my bunnies hay up in their various trays every day, even if they haven't eaten all of what's there (I clear away as much poo etc as I can first). Should I be doing this or do you wait until they've eaten more of what's there. I'm happy to carry on as I am, I just don't want to...
  13. V

Hi there. I got my 2 male bunnies around 3 months ago. They have both been neutered. I'm just slightly concerned about how well they actually get on. They seem to eat together very happily (I've never seen any fighting or bullying over food) and I see them grooming each other some of the time...
  14. V

letting rabbits outside

I brought them in partly because I didn't feel that their hutch was really big enough for them. When it was rainy they tended to mainly be in the hutch so I thought they'd be better off indoors where I can give them more dry indoor space than just their hutch. Its not going to be as warm as...
  15. V

Poorly bunny tilting head

HI there again. Well after a sleepless night worrying about poor bunny the other night. I managed to arrange for someone to take my girls to school so I could take my husband to work so I'd have the car. After lots of tantrums from my youngest daughter who didn't want to go to school with...
  16. V

letting rabbits outside

Hi there, I brought my rabbits into the garage on friday because of the immanent cold weather. Although they have about half the garage to hop about in, I'm worried that its not enough space for them as they did used to run about like lunatics in their run and they can't do that so much now. As...
  17. V

Poorly bunny tilting head

Hi there, I moved my rabbits into our garage on Friday. They have the same hutch as they had outside and various other litter trays etc. I then had to go away for the weekend and a friend fed them. I got back at 8ish and went to see them and one who is normally quite perky and keen to lick me...
  18. V

This is What my Rabbits Now Have Instead of Pellet/Museli Feed

Oh right so the burgess one is okay. I'll have to look into other forms of forage for my bunnies. I've been giving them half their pellets in a bowl and the rest sprinkled I. Their hay. Perhaps I should cut down though as its more than an egg cup.
  19. V

What is the best hay?

Thanks. I was using a cheaper hay from the pet shop before and I must admit I think they preferred it so perhaps I'll go back to that one!
  20. V

What is the best hay?

Hi there, I've been reading a few threads on here about pellets and which are the best to use etc. And the general consensus seems to be more hay. I feed mine burgess pellets and a burgess Timothy hay with dandelion and marigold. I also pick grass and dandelions from the garden. Based on what...
Back