• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Phoning the RSPCA

Anyone here ever do it? I phoned them to report some very sick buns I saw in a "Pets Corner" at one of those farm shop restaurant places when I was on holiday in Cornwall a few days ago. Gave them all my details and what I'd seen and my background with my vet nursing. They thanked me and said...
  2. M

Bramble & Dylan

Well, I finally have pics of the loved up couple!!! Dylan is the orange lop, Bramble the Agouti. "Oh Dylan, your bum makes a comfy pillow!" "Feed us! Feed us!!" "ZZZZzzzzZZZzzzZzzZZzZZ"
  3. M

Need a link to...

...well-written and researched documentation on loneliness in rabbits. Medical reasons, psychological benefits, etc, to rabbits being in pairs and groups... If anyone's got any good documentation, I would be very, very grateful to get my internet claws on it if at all poss!
  4. M

Is it possible...?

Would like some insight from anyone who's got experience bonding difficult rabbits! Finn, my Rex, is currently an onlybun. Last year we rescued Lily, an emormous female Giant, and the sweetest bun you'll ever meet. After weeks of trying, they finally seemed to be bonded, and moved in together...
  5. M

Is it possible...?

Would like some insight from anyone who's got experience bonding difficult rabbits! Finn, my Rex, is currently an onlybun. Last year we rescued Lily, an emormous female Giant, and the sweetest bun you'll ever meet. After weeks of trying, they finally seemed to be bonded, and moved in together...
  6. M

Fenugreek/methi?

Tesco was selling huge bunches of "methi" (which we've discovered is fenugreek, and are now making a nice potato curry with) as reduced. We've got a whole lot left over and would like to feed it to the buns but I can't for the life of me find any info on if it's ok to feed to rabbits or not...
  7. M

Help please...

Hello all, Our newest addition, Dylan, is ill, and we can't find what's wrong. By we, I mean the vet, and my partner and me. History: Dylan was found hopping around a common all on his own. Taken to a rescue centre, held for 28 days to see if anyone would claim him, which they didn't. We...
  8. M

Lice treatment- your experiences please?

Hello everyone, Lily has lice. She's been to the vet and I've been given treatment but also was told to use a kids' head lice preparation on her every 4 days to treat it. Went to Boots (had to pretend it was for my imaginary daughter...) and got some mousse style treatment. It says to leave it...
  9. M

Help? Anyone come across this?

After treating my rabbit Lily for stasis with an injection of metoclopramide and subsequent syringing with Propulsid, not much has happened. She's now showing the following symptoms: -Mild lethargy, not as bright as normal -Not eating, except one or two sprigs of dried grass or herbs when...
  10. M

Thoughts for Lily, please...?

Hello all, I know we've not always seen eye-to-eye and that there are some people here who hate my guts. I hope we can put our differences aside when it comes to sick animals. I rehomed Lily from the local RSPCA when I was working there, she was on the list to be put to sleep as she has bad...
  11. M

Why is she doing that? :)

Our bunny Lily loves to lick my boyfriend... :o ...his jeans, his t-shirt, his arms, and now even his face!! She doesn't do it to me (probably because I'm forever pulling clumps of matted fur from her behind)...anyone have any idea why she's doing it? Is she in luuuuurve? I've bought her salt...
  12. M

Help please...

Hello everyone. I'm asking if everyone can please put their misgivings about me aside, and help me with a genuine problem. We got Lily at the end of January. After 3 weeks of bonding, Finn and Lily were happy to be together, grooming and snuggling without any fights. During the bonding...
  13. M

Two questions...

Hello again everyone, I've got two questions that I was hoping people could help with. The first is if anyone can give me any tips for fox-proofing a shed. I've come up with ideas, but was wondering if there's anything specific people are doing, and any ingenious tips, etc... Second, how can...
  14. M

Hair loss/balding/shedding in patches

Hello everyone, Does anyone here have a rabbit(s) who sheds fur in patches around the legs and belly? Saw a rabbit the other day with hair loss around the legs (both sides) and some on the tummy. The skin wasn't inflamed, it was healthy and pink and not dry or itchy or oozing or anything. It...
  15. M

Difficult stages?

Hey everyone, The girls are now approximately eight months old. Everything's been going very well. However, Xena seems to begetting almost impossible to deal with! She's learned how to pick up the cage sides with her teeth (it's a storage cube run, so not a solid cage) and bangs it up and down...
  16. M

Rabbit weights- please help!?

Hey everyone, I'm currently writing a case report for my course on a 6 week old rabbit with gut stasis (now fully recovered). I'm trying to find the usual weight of a 6 week old rabbit, particularly mini lops. Can anyone link me to a (decent) website which lists the weights at different...
  17. M

Digging box?

Hey everyone, We've received an email from one of the guys who runs the Animal Handling Suite at Uni, where the vet nursing and vet students get the opportunity to handle small furries. Lots of research is being done into evironmental enrichment, but a lot of it has been focussed on the SMALL...
  18. M

Anyone have any experience with...

...Noah's Arc, in Bristol? They rehome rabbits I know, and I've just booked my girls in to be boarded there whilst I'm away in April. Good experiences? Bad? Anything? :D
  19. M

Really getting stuck...

It seems life really doesn't like me at the moment... The person who offered to board the girls now no longer can due to reasons beyond her control, and I can't find transport for the girls up to Dudley to the place where I hoped to board them... Does anyone know of anything closer to Bristol...
  20. M

Sneezing...causes?

Hey everyone, I took Xena to the vet today as she's been sneezing a bit over the last week and I wanted to check she wasn't developing a pasturella infection or anything. The vet and I had a chat about it and he checked her out fully and couldn't find anything, which was good. We are still...
Back