• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Stasis or blockage? Very worried

Thank you to everyone! She’s doing well, I went to the vet today and picked up more probiotics. She told me to keep up the meds for 8 days, keep her on hay for a couple of days and introduce greens slowly, one by one. She thinks I feed her too much fresh food as I give her forage every day as...
  2. B

Thank you everyone for your help. Betty is hopping around, eating hay and has pooped this morning! I’m so relieved 😌
  3. B

Hi I hope someone can help me stop worrying myself sick :( This morning Betty didn’t want breakfast and was very listless. Our rabbit vet is a 2 hour drive away and here in France we are in lockdown. She also really freaks out in the car so I decided to take her to our other nearer vet. She’s...
  4. B

This is Lemon Balm, isn't it?

It doesn't look like it to me either, looks more like horehound...
  5. B

what are you finding when foraging

I'm super lucky that my garden backs onto an organic orchard, but we've just come out of a heatwave (I'm in France) so a lot of stuff has died off. Thankfully there's still mallow, purslane, plantain, sainfoin, dandelion and of course apple leaves for my 2 buns and my 2 guineas.
  6. B

how can I bond these two?

Thank you so much joey&boo! You've really made me feel much more positive that I can do this! Possibly, I may have discovered an avenue to try... Basil right from the word go has been totally in love with my 2 male guinea pigs and during the day they often go in the exercise pen together and...
  7. B

Thanks Tamsin. I shall keep trying with her...unfortunately I live in very rural France and rabbits as pets are quite rare, people mostly see them as meat so rescues or helpers are unlikely. I'm going to talk with my vet on Friday to see if she can offer any advice.
  8. B

Thanks tonibun, yes she lives with me now. I will wait and try again because I don't want to give up on her. When my son got her she was given away by a previous family who didn't want her. if I give her away that would be 4 homes in her short life :( I do seem to take on everyone else's waifs...
  9. B

Hi everyone, I'm new here! :wave: Sorry this is really long! I've had my beautiful boy Basil for a year now. He's still quite naughty but he's very docile, and he was neutered shortly after I got him. My son was a student and had a house rabbit too, a female called Virginia. He is now moving to...
Back