• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

Update on half breads (wild/tame) All the ones I kept to be pets have now been released as they were not happy caged and and spent their days finding new ways to be free. Sadly but not surprisingly the only free one still around is the one I vaccinated all the others have found new homes but...
  2. Fiona

Rabbits started fighting a lot....heelp

Hi, i am asking why reduce the cage size? I ask this because i have recently bought a another rabbit to be friends with another one I already have and in the cage they are fine but when they are outside in a garden size run they are really fighting and the same thing I do not want them hurt...
  3. Fiona

escape artists

In the North Island. It is lovely here but summer heat is an issue for me and the rabbits. :D i have added extra small mesh around the larger grids on the new run. so far so good. :D
  4. Fiona

escape artists

As they are both flemis giants they will be too big and lazy soon but they are enjoying escaping at the moment. Sent from my GT-S7390 using Tapatalk
  5. Fiona

escape artists

Mine climb too. All the joins are wired but they have got out of other runs so time will tell. They also only have day time in there so hopefully any hole digging will be noticed and filled. Netting the floor if I have too. Sent from my GT-S7390 using Tapatalk
  6. Fiona

Obsession with the air conditioner????

Interesting dilemma, I am not allowed bunnies in the house unsupervised as my husband has lost lots of electronic toys to bunny nibbling. My rabbits are toilet trained in their cage but still regularly miss their tray or not get there in time. Maybe you could use a cardboard box for him to sit...
  7. Fiona

escape artists

I own three Flemish Giant rabbits one mature and two youths. The older one has never jumped out of her large open topped run. But her children both four months now have made it their mission to escape every run I have made then, BUT not this time. I have spent all day building this new supper...
  8. Fiona

My Manor Pet Housing order has arrived :D

Hi that look amazing, does Winston live in the house. I have heard of house bunies but not got one myself as Gertrude has chewed through enough wires just visiting the house.
  9. Fiona

My Manor Pet Housing order has arrived :D

Hi that look amazing, does Winston live in the house. I have heard of house bunies but not got one myself as Gertrude has chewed through enough wires just visiting the house.
  10. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

[/URL][/IMG] wild buns enjoying winter sun
  11. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

Hi. We are rural. My husband is a dairy farmer. It is lovely living here. Sent from my GT-S7390 using Tapatalk
  12. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

You are correct but we are lucky in New Zealand as we have very few predators. Life is cruel and time will see how long they all last. As far as my female cross I will keep for a while longer she may calm down. She is definitely half tame and may struggle in the wild. i do hope the half...
  13. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

That is a sad story catxx but i am hoping the Flemis will become stronger in my half wild rabbit as she matures but I am very serous iabout letting her run free if she will be happier. I have a two more friendly wild rabbits so hopefully she can become friends with them.
  14. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

people do catch and eat rabbit as they do in England but it isn't that common wild deer and and wild pig is the popular choice. Also ducks in duck shooting season. in the South Island (not where I am ) they have an easter bunny mass cull shoot to keep on top of the rabbit numbers each Easter.
  15. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

[/URL][/IMG] This is Felicity, she is part wild and part Giant flemish, she is not as tame as her brother that I have also kept for the school as a class pet. This makes me wonder whether she would be happier allowed to run free. I feed my wild bunnies so they stay around and being the size she...
  16. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

[/URL][/IMG] please think nothing of the large knife in the above photo it is for opening paint pots as you can see.
  17. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

[/URL][/IMG] one of the tame wild bunnies about 3 and half months old
  18. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

So are you against wild/tame crosses or a bit like me and slightly interested in how they turn out. As far as vet costs I am a farmer and would never let an animal suffer but also not afraid to put animals down if necessary. Sorry if I am upsetting anyone. Photos of babies will follow.
  19. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

[/URL][/IMG]
  20. Fiona

Tame wild rabbits

Not sure how to put photos on, i have tried and failed any help would be great.
Back