• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. daisymaisy

Coarse mix from Mole Country Stores

Just wondering if anyone else uses this please? Was having issues sourcing our normal pellets locally, so bought a bag of this to try, but it seems really 'wet'.
  2. daisymaisy

Sisters falling out

First off, apologies if you're a member of rabbit world on FB, and have already been bored with this. I've had Daisy & Maisy since they were 8 weeks old. They are sisters, neutered, and have been living happily together until recently. The problem started the day after two new bunnies, Pepper...
  3. daisymaisy

Project so far.....

Evening all, Finally got some pics of Daisy & Maisy's new pad to share. It's a bit of a 'works in progress' affair: The intention was for them to have the shed, but we're yet to put up the new shed for the kids stuff, so for now they've got the hutch. However, I really quite like the...
  4. daisymaisy

Alternative to straw?

Hello! Daisy & Maisy are waiting for their new shed and run area to be completed, but as the weather was changing I got them a big outdoor hutch to sleep in outside. Was concerned that if I didn't hurry up with acclimatising them, it'd be getting too cold to take them out after a night...
  5. daisymaisy

New outdoor run & shed building diary!

Determined to get this project done quickly now, before it gets too cold to have buns coming in for the night and expecting them to be happy to go out in the morning! This is where they'll be going. As you can see, there's rather a lot of clearing to do! My husband is a gardener, and a...
  6. daisymaisy

Project bunny heaven planning advise please!

Good morning! Now ready to get Daisy & Maisy's outdoor set up underway, and looking for advise please! They're having a nice big, insulated shed with permanent access to huge run area. Within what will be the run area is currently a compact but tallish conifer tree and some plum trees /...
  7. daisymaisy

Anyone still up please - need help with syringe feeding!

Sorry it's late..... buns were spayed today, and I've been sent home with Ox Bow Critical Care - the same one as on this thread: http://www.foreverfeistychinchilla.org/first-aid-kit.html The only issue is that none of the instructions are in English, and the dosage instruction says refer to...
  8. daisymaisy

NOW UPDATED: Little bald patch / over-grooming?

Morning all. Noticed a little bald patch to the back of Maisy's neck this morning, only visible when she puts her head forward. Doesn't look scaly or flakey, and I'm wondering if it's down to Daisy, who does groom her alot in this area? Have tried to take some photos to check with you more...
  9. daisymaisy

Frozen melon cubes?

Got some left over melon, and wondering if I could freeze it and offer to the bunnies? Not sure if giving them ice is recommended!
  10. daisymaisy

Best bunny radio station?

Thinking of getting Maisy & Daisy a solar powered radio for the garden. Just wondered what stations other bunnies preferred :)
  11. daisymaisy

Think it may be time to neuter

Evening all x Think I'm going to be calling the vet tomorrow to see about getting Daisy & Maisy in for spaying on Tuesday. Maisy has become very scatty this week, and has decided she's not so keen on being handled after all (I have many scratches to prove it). Slightly concerned that they're...
  12. daisymaisy

Eating the Carrot Cottage!

My buns have loved gnawing on their carrot cottage, but yesterday they had a super good chew and started ripping and eating the cardboard. Will this do them any harm - should I replace it now or leave them to it please? [/URL][/IMG]
  13. daisymaisy

Best type of carrier to go to vets!

Sorry - didn't know whether to post here or in housing. Just wondering what type of carrier is best for getting two mini lops to and from the vets. Both going to be neutered in a few weeks, and don't think what I'm using will be big enough for them both post-op. The vet that did their...
  14. daisymaisy

Third eyelid?

Daisy & Maisy have just come in for the night, and I noticed this in Maisy's eye. I think it's an inner eyelid, but thought I'd check with you knowledgeable people! Had her first vaccinations Friday, so I've been on high alert for any changes.
  15. daisymaisy

Female neutering - to do or not to do

I was adamant I'd get Daisy and Maisy neutered, not only for the hormonal / behavioural benefits, but also to prevent all those nasty cancers, but I'm changing my mind. Not sure I can justify the risk of the anaesthetic. Just can't imagine trying to explain to my little boy that they went to...
  16. daisymaisy

Decisions decisions!

My nearly 13-week old buns have been sleeping indoors and spending most days out in their enclosure & run. Having done some reading and thinking, I'm wondering if they will be happier outside 24/7. Always thought they'd be more sociable and content spending time indoors with us, but from what...
  17. daisymaisy

Hello from Daisy & Maisy!

Sorry - should have posted in here first before bombarding the forum with questions! I've had bunnies before, but not for over a decade, so just trying to get back into the swing of things. I was originally intending to take on a pair that someone else had gotten board with, but as I wanted...
  18. daisymaisy

Indoor cage cleaning!

Daisy & Maisy spend roughly 50% of their time in the outdoor palace and 50% indoors (always overnight, and when it's wet & windy out). I've installed a cage toilet, which only one of them is using for wee's - that's a work in progress. My question though is about the poop! I've been...
  19. daisymaisy

Feeding routine for 10 week olds

Hello there. Quite new to bunny keeping after a decades break, so apologies in advance for bombarding the forum with questions! I've got two 10-week old girls, and I'm trying to get into a good feeding routine with them. I've sourced the internet and books for advise, and am getting...
Back