• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Caz

Available Rescue: Rescue does available as a trio or possibly can split to pair with single male

Rehoming as a foster for RSPCA Lincs East Donation to RSPCA £30 for single or £50 for a pair Minimum 6x2x2 hutch with attached run or equivalent. Home check will be required. I am near Spalding, Lincs Lilac is an approx 2 year old spayed, vaccinated, lilac doe. She was a bit nervous but...
  2. Caz

Posts in rabbits in need

Hi I’ve sent some posts over about three days ago to go up on RIN section - can you tell me if they will be approved - thanks. Caz
  3. Caz

Well that escalated quickly!

So a couple of weeks ago I posted up I’d taken in a rabbit found straying by our vets after my last rabbit passed on 18months ago. I decided to get him a girlfriend to bond with and being no suitable (planning to stick to rex’s as my eldest son isn’t reacting to Thumper’s fur) single ladies in...
  4. Caz

Here I go again!

So Adele (named after Adele on here in 2005 by ARC) passed away a couple of years ago now just a month shy of 11. She had outlived two husbuns and survived nodular myxi. We have been slowly reducing the number of pets we had by not replacing those that passed on so we took the decision no more...
  5. Caz

Eye Infection or worse?? - Myxi!

Hi Its been a while - wasn't even sure my logon would work anymore but it did. I just have Adele the rabbit left now (aged 6), after losing two of her partners to head tilt and despite treating her and her testing negative for E.cuniculi I decided to stop pairing her up and she has lived quite...
  6. Caz

Think I need to rename Pierre...Houdini!

Just heading off to bed (after watching the Dresden Files) and as I switch the light on in the upstairs landing a white blur passes before my eyes and vanishes into the spare room as I scream :oops: (OH soundly asleep for an hour hasn't even woken up). For about 30seconds my mind tried to...
  7. Caz

Natural Parasite Control - what do you think?

http://www.verm-x.com/rabbits.htm Since getting the chickens last weekend I have been researching into their care and a lot of chicken people worm their chickens using products from the company above - they have just bought out a new range for rabbits... So what do you think - better than...
  8. Caz

Chicken Policeing Rabbits?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVb3t560oY My BIL sent me this one - not sure if the rabbits were supposed to be bonding as it looked a bit more serious than that! Caz
  9. Caz

Naughty bunnies....guess who's worked out where the food is!

I had forgotton how naughty house bunnies can be, outside they just don't show their ingenuity off! But since Pierre has settled in their personalities have really come out. Hmm I can smell the food its up there somewhere... Oh so close - drat... Pierre quickly found where the pellets...
  10. Caz

RSPCA Animal Holding Centres

When I was at the rescue this weekend I was told about RSPCA animal holding centres. Apparently they are large centres not open to the public where animals are kept before a suitable place in a rescue or rehoming centre can be found. I had no idea these existed! According to the peeps in...
  11. Caz

Spot the difference

This is a hard picture: I think even the peeps from ARC will be hard pushed to identify Adele from Pierre (prev Snowy of RSPCA Norfolk West). If you give up I have an easier picture! Caz
  12. Caz

Osteoporosis in rabbits - really common?

from http://www.nationalrabbitweek.co.uk/index.php?page=facts&section=facts I haven't heard of it in rabbits before? Is it really common :shock: ? Caz
  13. Caz

Straight Forward Answer Wanted - Single Bunny

Before everyone jumps in who doesn't know the background - here it is: I have lost four rabbits last year through disease/ill health and consequentially ended up with just one left who had only been with her partner a couple of months before he died. She was adopted from ARC to live with my...
  14. Caz

Cosmos ill - he didn't make it - Adele's results back!

Ok while I wait for the rabbit savvy vet to get in any thoughts please? Cosmos had his mxyi booster about two weeks ago and the vet noticed some clouding of the lense of one eye but we put it down to the time he had a fight with Zeus and was possibly scratched, although I never noticed anything...
  15. Caz

Ring Cutter - anyone?

Cosmos ring is getting a bit tight now (it still spins) and the vet remarked when they had their boosters last week it will be time to think about getting it off. However just to be a pain they can only do it under anaesthetic with a dremel and obviously none of us want to put him through a GA...
  16. Caz

Feeding time...

Muuuuum I know the special treats come out the treat dispenser this end but I can't get it to work... Ahh that's better - breakfast all round! Caz P.S. My other dog Buster is not to be trusted round the rabbits otherwise the title would have a whole different meaning!
  17. Caz

Cosmos has found a new Girlfriend - its Adele!!

I just adopted Adele's namesake from ARC! She is really sweet (I mean the bunny, although having met the real Adele, she is sweet too :wink: ). :shock: This is really Cosmos grooming another bunny: I felt Cosmos was lonely having been used to living as a group of four (two pairs...
  18. Caz

Zeus - a final farewell for my sickly giant!

Well it seems that death comes in threes for my rabbits. I returned from my parents today to find Zeus had died. Brendan said he was very weak but still alive this morning but he didn't make the day :( . He has been steadily losing weight over the last month and no treatments have worked...
  19. Caz

Athena - my warrior bunny!

Zeus' beloved partner Athena passed away last weekend during our house move. It was very unexpected and I believe that the extreme heat was a factor as unfortunately our house move coincided with the hottest day. Due to the logistics of moving us and the animals 150 miles away (3 hours by car)...
  20. Caz

"Bonding" my three

This is when they realised they had all come face to face :shock: - the more observant will notice the stream of urine from Cosmos! They all ended up covered in pee - lovely! "Helping" mum with the gardening :roll: Caz
Back