• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Bunny with kidney problems

Dixie was taken to have her front teeth burred on Wednesday 24th January. After she came home she was more subdued than usual and then on Sunday stopped eating and also drinking. She was back at the vets first thing Monday and left there. They checked her teeth and found a spur on her back teeth...
  2. B

Little garden centre bunny

We've been up to Wakefield this afternoon to the local garden centre. They also sell bunnies. Today there was just one little girl bunny with a sign saying that she was free. When I asked why she was free they said it was because she had grown too big and nobody would want her. I asked what...
  3. B

Ruby - photo added

Our gorgeous little bunny Ruby, only 15 weeks old has died this morning under the anaesthetic whilst being spayed. I feel totally devastated, she was such a happy, friendly little girl and I never imagined anything like this would happen. I keep thinking if only I hadn't taken her to be spayed...
  4. B

I feel really guilty

I am feeling really guilty because we have decided to put our two indoor buns into a hutch and run outside. Rosie is about 4 and Jack about 3. We have had them just over 2 years. They are gorgeous, BUT they use their litter tray when they are in their cage, and wee and plop everywhere when...
  5. B

Has anyone tried this?

Has anyone tried growing grass frosm seed in seed trays. I have done it this year and it has been a huge success with our buns. I give them a tray of grass and they usually scoff it within half an hour and then I put it back up the garden for the grass to grow again. At the moment I have got...
  6. B

pictures For bunnymadhouse (and everyone else too)

I know he's your favourite, so here he is today enjoying the sunshine. and last night relaxing with dad [/img] and this is a picture we took before we split them up, as you can see they weren't co-operating. [/img]
  7. B

Penny and her babes

Babies are almost 9 wks old and will be split up this week as soon as Angie has been to sex them for me. Penny, Poppy, Smudge, Phyllis and Baby Little Smudge chilling with daddy Chilled out Smudge [/img] The bunnies will be in pairs and will all be looking for new homes as soon...
  8. B

Weaning babies

Penny's babies are now 7 wks and 2 days old. They are eating everything that Penny eats and drinking water from the bottle. I thought that they were weaned, but tonight I saw her feeding them all. When should they be weaned as I thought that I had to separate them at 8 weeks. Can they be...
  9. B

What a life!

Penny and her babies have been playing in the run all morning. and this is them this afternoon, exhausted and snoozing 8) 8)
  10. B

Foster bun Penny and her babies

I've finally got a new camera and so can show off Penny and her babies. They are now 23 days old and gorgeous. Penny is a fantastic mum and is so gentle with the babies. Spot mummy :lol: There are 5 babies somewhere in this picture, but I think a couple must be buried under the others.
  11. B

Can babies go on grass

Our foster bun, Penny is doing great with her babies. She has been in the run with babies in a little cage so they couldn't get onto the grass. They are now 3 wks old and jumping about all; over the place. I'm not sure whether they can go on grass. Would it be safe to put them into the run...
  12. B

Foster bun has had babies

You remember the babies dumped in the cemetery who bunnymadhouse posted about. I have taken Penny, the really scared, thin little bunny to foster. She was coming on quite well but tonight when I got home she has had babies. Bunnymadhouse (Angie) is on holiday and I've never had a bunny who...
  13. B

Wicker baskets in Poundland

Just got back from town and Poundland has some wicker hanging baskets. I think our buns would love to destroy these. Do you think they would be OK to give to the buns or is it likely they have been treated with something?
  14. B

Could chewing wallpaper give Honey a mouth ulcer?

Honey has ongoing dental problems and has her back teeth ground down every 8 wks or so. This week, she was going off her food and dribbling so I thought it was her teeth problem starting early as it is only a month since she was last done. I got her straight into the vets expecting that it...
  15. B

Is my little Toby being bullied?

We have three young rabbits living together, brother and sister aged 8 months and little Toby aged 5 months. All have been neutered. They do seem to get on OK but little Toby always seems to be left out and recently I have noticed that when it is feeding time (I always do a routine giving a...
  16. B

Does anyone know

Where I can get a large rabbit hutch with attached run. At present we have 3 bunnies in the kitchen and 2 in the lounge. My o/h has decided enough is enough and some of them have to go outside. So we are going to put the 3 babies in a large hutch with an attached run during the day, but I...
  17. B

Bald patch on Tyson's ear

Tyson was recently on his holidays while we were away on ours and when we got the bunnies home again we noticed that he had a scab in the middle of his ear and a bald patch. I have been bathing it with salt water and the scab is gone now, but he still has a bald patch with no sign of hair...
  18. B

Jealous Rosie??

As you will know we are trying to bond Jack and Rosie with Tia and Tyson, our 11 wk old lion heads. All has gone well with Tia, Tyson and Jack who all seem comfortable together now and will run round without any squabbling. Rosie is a different kettle of fish. Unless my partner holds her she...
  19. B

Tia & Tyson

I thought you might like to see Tia and Tyson in their little bed. They love it and push and shove each other to both squeeze in together. [/list]
  20. B

Trying to bond two pairs

Three weeks ago we got pair of lionhead babies. We already have a bonded pair of Dutch bunnies. We would like to eventually have them all running about together. They are in two cages in the same room and they can touch noses and sniff each other through the mesh. For the last week we have...
Back