• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Very fat rabbit

Yes, I am hating it! If it was my bunny it wouldn't be quite as bad but it feels even worse that it is someone else's XD I have advised that they take her to the vets and cut out pellets!
  2. B

Which 'Xeno' to buy

I have been advised to buy Xeno. I am confused by all the numbers, is it just the strength? Which one should I buy for effectiveness and also best value for money? 50, 200, 450..?
  3. B

Very fat rabbit

Apparently one egg cup of SS pellets a day, normal grass hay and no carrots, just leafy greens. I am currently bonding her with an incredibly active boy. The owner is adament she is not over feeding so was just wondering about any underlying issues that cause weight gain. She needs her bum...
  4. B

Very fat rabbit

I have just had a rabbit dropped off to bond and I have never in my life seen a rabbit so fat! I believe the owner who says she gets no more than an egg cup of pellets a day and no carrots, just greens and lots of exercise, free roam of house and garden when supervised. This rabbit is obese. I...
  5. B

Bonding a female who has had a litter

Is it harder to bond a female who has had a litter?
  6. B

Bonding females :(

I am so mad at myself. So if you don't know I have recently set up a rabbit rescue. It's all going really well on the whole and I did my first bond a few weeks ago with one of my rescues and someone else's bunny and they are now happily in love at their new house! Another adopter fell in...
  7. B

First bond

Thank you! Who does it sound like is the dominant one to you? Are there any other signs I should be looking for?
  8. B

First bond

Hi guys. I am doing my first bond for my new rescue! I am so fascinated with bonding and so excited to get more and more experienced at this. So it's going really well on the whole. I'm bonding one of my rescues with an adopter's rabbit. They are both mini lops, fully vaccinated, one girl...
  9. B

Bonding woes

Bonding- hierarchy Sorry I accidentally posted on this thread!
  10. B

Weeping eye causing sore skin and fur loss

The vet said it was on the mild end of Dacrocystitis and needs eye drops and plenty of washing with water as it’s the tears that cause the irritation and fur loss.
  11. B

Thank you, makes sense. What about a good alternative barrier cream instead of the extortionate price they put on the one they give from vets?
  12. B

Oh and also wondering why her eye problems would put her at higher risk of fly strike? x
  13. B

Thank you Zoobec x
  14. B

Thank you. I will take her to the vets to discuss. It looks even more sore this morning. Is there a good barrier cream or alternative such as coconut oil that you can recommend? I know the vets will charge double for something and wondered if there is a cheaper alternative? I would be very...
  15. B

13 rabbit rescue update!

You may remember me from a couple of months back where I rescued 13 neglected rabbits who were being allowed to breed freely. What a massive journey we have been on! I am now set up as a full time rabbit rescue, have a good relationship with a vet who are providing me with discounts and now...
  16. B

Bellatrix has a weeping eye caused by an abscess that is pushing on her tear duct. The abscess is being controlled well by long term penicillin injections. I give her eye drops daily but they seem to make no difference. Her eye is constantly weeping which is now causing fur loss and soreness to...
  17. B

Grooming kit

It doesn't look like it would do much but I trust your recommendation and will give it a go!! Really wish they did a bunny shaped one :lol:
  18. B

Grooming kit

Is it this?- https://www.amazon.co.uk/KONG-CZG-Cat-Zoom-Groom/dp/B0002AR18M/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=zoom+groom+rabbit&qid=1557397315&s=gateway&sr=8-3 Got a couple of heavily moulting lops at the moment! I am currently using this -...
  19. B

Grooming kit

Hi guys! I have now set up a rescue! It’s very exciting. Thinking of offering a grooming service to get a little extra money in for the rescue. I also have lots of bunnies now in rescue that need grooming! I see lots of conflicting advice on what brushes are best to use. For example some people...
  20. B

Danger of passing nodule myxomatosis?

And is that nodular myxomatosis infectious like normal myxomatosis?
Back