• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

it's me again...food questions (strawberries/quantities)

What we do is slice off the tops so they get a little bit of strawberry to nibble. Then we eat all the good stuff and give them the green bits. Minimises their sugar intake, and maximises ours.
  2. B

Knackered

It's a bit scary when you walk through the door with their dinner and six hungry bunnies launch themselves at you. :?
  3. B

Knackered

Only Cassidy and Sheffield are actually fighting to be boss, and only fur pulling. Sheffield is starting to realise that he's losing and is running away instead of confronting her now, so they should be sorted out fairly soon. The two boys aren't fighting at all. There's a bit of posturing...
  4. B

Knackered

Monopoly and Cassidy are climbers. They fling themselves at the bars and clamber up. So the wall is there just so we can open the windows without the two of them clambering out to explore the neighbourhood.
  5. B

Yaay :)

If the hamster is moving in the same cage each time, then he's effectively taking his territory with him, which reduces the stress for him. As far as hammy is concerned he's staying put, it's the people that are moving. However, all those excited little kiddies grabbing him might not be much...
  6. B

Knackered

Spent the whole of the bank holiday weekend getting the rabbitorium all finished, and the little sods have only gone and pooed all over it. :( Solvent free tile adhesive takes all the fun out of DIY. :cry: Now that the room is freshly tiled, it's effectively no bun's land, so we're trying...
  7. B

Post Spay help!

Re: hi It's at least partly to stop your bunny from over-exerting herself. If your bunny is in so much pain that she's not eating, your vet should be happy to give her more pain medication on request. But you don't want her feeling so little discomfort that she's leaping around all over the...
  8. B

Bunny walks....

I think you should practice somewhere more enclosed first as they can get away from you if you're not expecting them to boing off. We used to have them on harnesses in the garden, and they scramble under bushes and get all tangled up and just when you get the lead uncaught they dash off. Fine...
  9. B

When to spay?

Six months is a good age, though it can be a little earlier if need be. I don't know about how long you'd have to leave it after birth, but I would think at least until the babies were weaned.
  10. B

Ticks - where are they coming from?

When our dog got them my dad used to smoke them out. I'd be too scared of setting fire to my bunny. :? Plus, I hate them. They look vile. I'm afraid it would be a trip to the vet, I couldn't bear to touch it. Bleugh.
  11. B

Conversion from house bun to outdoor bun!!

I think it depends on the bunny and how persistent you are. Chips used to really sulk when we put him in the garden and his brother (no longer with us) used to scratch at the door to get back in. But now, he happily munches on the grass for hours with all the other bunnies, and Sheffield never...
  12. B

testicles...

Could you have him semi-castrated then? So you could still breed from him, but he didn't get ill? And would this deformity prohibit him from being shown or do judges not look 'down there'?
  13. B

Floppy :(

Haggle for him. They can't sell a bunny in a tiny cage with a note up that says he bites, and every day that he's there he'll be costing them money. Offer to take him off their hands for free, don't give them any money, but try to convince them that you're doing them a favour by taking him off...
  14. B

Are dandelions ok?

Don't feed too many though. They're not called wet-the-beds for nothing. :shock:
  15. B

vac question????

We asked the vet about this as all our bunnies were due their vaccines at different times and we wanted to get them in sync. He said there was no problem, and we got them all done and they were all fine.
  16. B

can anyone help??????????

The myxi jab doesn't last a whole year, and the immunity actually trails off quite a lot by about 9 months or so. So to keep your bunny at a stable level it's advisable to get 6 month boosters. This is what my vet said anyway. It's not so much to do with high risk areas as the fact that after...
  17. B

Views on a leash/harness

It's also best to make sure you have one more person than you have bunnies so they can rescue you when the bunny decides to explore somewhere awkward.
  18. B

Views on a leash/harness

You have to keep up with the bunny and hold the lead up so it doesn't tangle around their legs. If you don't fancy bounding round the garden like a loon then a harness probably isn't the best plan. If you fancy a bit of exercise then go for it. We used to use harnesses, but the little devils...
  19. B

Ratty Haven Faces Closer - Animals need homes ASAP

I can't help with any of the bunnies, but I echo the suggestion of getting in touch with your local paper. A small article could highlight the plight of these animals, bring foward a few bunny adopters, maybe raise some cash, and might help convince the council that you're performing a...
  20. B

Introductions.

Certainly the car journey to the rescue centre will be stressful, but not nearly so stressful as some bird showing up on his patch, chinning all his stuff, weeing in his litter tray and eating all his food. It's always worthwhile taking your bunny along for a playdate. It really does make...
Back