• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. orangediva

RIP black & white cat

I found a cat tonight dead in the middle of the road on my way home from work. He was still warm, someone had just only just hit him and left him there to die. I moved him from the middle of the road and knocked on the nearest door but there was no reply and all the houses were in darkness...
  2. orangediva

Brexit & Medicines - Human & Vet

Anyone else starting to worry about this? I have zero confidence in the ability of our politicians and, as a nurse, I’m feeling a little concerned re the supply chain of our medicines. There have been several “shortages” recently including Co Amoxiclav, a widely used antibiotic and...
  3. orangediva

Allowing burrowing in the run.....

.....to keep cool? Dennis and Bella have made themselves a burrow in their run and appear to be using it to keep cool. I wouldn’t usually allow this and usually block off any burrows as soon as I see them but I’m tempted to let them keep this one in view of the heat. They are both in it now...
  4. orangediva

Wish I was there....

https://m.facebook.com/snugglebunniesfortheRWAF/photos/pcb.1690734501041848/1690734117708553/?type=3&source=48 https://m.facebook.com/RabbitRunaround/photos/pcb.1895094230542975/1895094187209646/?type=3&source=48 .......instead of watching Germany probably claw their way back in the football...
  5. orangediva

Welfare Hutch 6ft by 2 ft with run connection pipe available + another soon

As above really, I have two Welfare Hutches available - well one is available from next week, the other in 2-3 weeks. Available now: 6ft by 2 ft single tier hutch pained Cuprinol Somerset Green with a welfare pipe connection on the right hand side. It’s nearly 3 years old but has been covered...
  6. orangediva

Anyone tried this sort of thing for a quad or group?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MOOL-Lightweight-Fabric-Carrier-Fleece/dp/B071PCZSHX/ref=pd_sbs_199_23?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071PCZSHX&pd_rd_r=989e66a3-74cf-11e8-b25a-8b0828bf1603&pd_rd_w=OxRWO&pd_rd_wg=jmxtc&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=5179604776422437276&pf_rd_r=MZ14FSC08T...
  7. orangediva

How wrong would this be.......

.......in an adult’s bedroom? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mamas-Papas-Wallpaper-Welcome-Nursery/dp/B01MRN6SDQ/ref=sr_1_12_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1528977026&sr=8-12&keywords=mamas+and+papas+bunny It’s nursery wallpaper but I’m considering redecorating my bedroom (bunny theme, of course) and have found...
  8. orangediva

Rabbit Nutrition & Nutritional Healing - Lucile Moore

I’ve wanted this book for ages and ages but it is out of print and ridiculously expensive on Amazon etc. Amazingly I was doing a little search last night and I discovered the author has allowed a third, unpublished edition to be available free online - link below if anyone would like to take a...
  9. orangediva

BBC2 The Burrowers is back on

Think it’s just a repeat rather than a new series with another load of baby rabbits given freedom temporarily then sold in pets shops afterwards. I got excited when I saw it but then I realised what it was - I’d find it heartbreaking to watch knowing what happened to the rabbits afterwards...
  10. orangediva

Pet Remedy

Does anyone use this for rabbits during bonding or when you have a new or ill bunny? I’m looking at the battery operated atomiser for the shed - has anyone used this? My one qualm is that some of the reviews say it makes their pets (and them) jump when it goes off (every half an hour). I’d...
  11. orangediva

Trio and quad musings......

Just musings really - but for those of you who have trios/quads - what mix of sexes do you have? - how much space ie square footage do they have? - did you bond them as babies ie litter mates or older buns? - any pitfalls or particular issues different to normal bonding? I was thinking, if...
  12. orangediva

What do you do…………

...when the carpenter/joiner you booked through Rated People to convert your shed and build you an aviary onto it doesn’t turn up on the morning you booked him? He was due at 8.30 am and is supposed to be here for 2 days but I wasn’t too worried and just thought he was late - until I just looked...
  13. orangediva

Shed housing questions

I’m considering carpeting the shelf levels and ramps in my new sheds for extra coziness and ease of ascending the ramps. For those who have done this how did you secure the carpet to minismise ease of Bunny teeth accessing the corners/edging. I was thinking of Velcro but is there a better way...
  14. orangediva

Hop!

Anyone watching it? I think it’s possibly the oddest movie I’ve ever watched. The bunnies are cute though.
  15. orangediva

Deleted

Deleted sorry
  16. orangediva

Need help with housing & equipment photos/stories for new bunny blog

As per the title really! I’m starting a new blog on rabbit housing (indoor/outdoor), equipment and hacks using non bunny items as well as posts about daily routines/time commitments and more realistic costs - all aimed at the novice or prospective owner. I’m going to do posts on my rabbits...
  17. orangediva

Mother of Rabbits

Literally had to have this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mother-Of-Rabbits-T-Shirt-Tee-Womens-Unisex-Gift-Present-Animal-Pets/142494969755?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=441488681723&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 My inability to post photos is beginning to annoy me. Edited to add photo now I...
  18. orangediva

Do the RSPCA ever rehome rabbits longish distance?

Could, for example, a local branch near to me do the home check? I’ve fallen in love with a bunny in Cheshire and I live in the midlands. His story has really got to me and he’s so beautiful to boot. I’m not even ready yet - I’m having my big 10ft shed converted and a small aviary attached...
  19. orangediva

Minimum square footage question?

Apologies as I'm incredibly rubbish at maths - is 60 square ft the minimum most rescues will rehome to? I've been away from the forum for some time - I'm having a health issue which has made life a bit difficult for a while as I've still had to work full time in a busy job (I'm a nurse) whilst...
  20. orangediva

Thumping?

One of my new buns, either Trevor or Alys, has been thumping loudly and rhythmically every few seconds for the past hour or so. I've been out twice to check on them, whichever one is doing it stops when I go out, I can't see anything untoward out there. I'm worried it's going to annoy my...
Back