• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Best bedding for long haired rabbit!

Hi guys - after a 4 year break from the forum I'm back, and have acquired my first 'fluffy bunny'! I've never had a long haired rabbit before (he's a Cashmere), and am struggling with him being an absolute shavings magnet! He is now on Carefresh bedding and it is still sticking to him left right...
  2. F

Moulting

Hi guys - wasn't sure where to put this as it's not really a health issue but still need a bit of advice! I've got 3 rabbits living outside (in the 'rabbit shed'!), 2 of whom are 8/9 years old now, but last year I got a new rabbit, Polo who is now 1.5 years. At first she was a house rabbit but...
  3. F

Rabbit resuce centres

Hi, Wondering if someone can help me with my search for Rabbit Rescues in the Doncaster/Wakefield/Pontefract area (Yorkshire). Looking to help out at a rescue in the way of work experience I need to do to pursue a veterinary career, and as I have alot of rabbits I thought it was the natural...
  4. F

Lots of rabbits *Pics now avaliable*

Thought I'd post the link to my Photobucket album, loads of rabbits pics on there, too many to post on here - Just click "View Slideshow" and you should get to see most of my bunnies! http://photobucket.com/albums/a378/dwarflops05/
  5. F

Unfriendly Rabbit

Hi, I'm feeling a little sorry for one of the pet residents here (Speckle), she is unfriendly to say the least - infact I get a bite everytime I clean her out. I have had her since she was 8 weeks, my first bite from her was at 14 weeks, and it was not like I had not held her as I was always...
  6. F

Blood in Urine

Had my 5yr old doe out on the shed floor tonight while I was feeding, put her bowl down as she was getting stressed that she hadn't been fed, when I pick her up to put her back in I notice a pool of blood from where she was sitting to eat. Had a check on her no nails ripped and no blood on her -...
  7. F

Baby rabbits!

Here are my 4 baby Dwarf Lops :) All Harlequin in colour (Orange and black), some lighter than others. They should lop soon :) They are just over 3 weeks old and very tiny as mum is neglecting their feeds so I am having to build them up with goats milk. Rachel
  8. F

Excessive drinking/weeing

Hi, One of my rabbits (1yr old Dwarf Lop doe) has recently started drinking double what she used to and is soaking her hutch every day with pee. She now puts away 250mls a day which might not seem alot but has doubled over the past week....she is also peeing up to 4 times more than she was :( I...
  9. F

Some questions - need help!

Hiya, I'm at my witsend with one of my bucks - Poppy, when I go into the shed (he has toys and hay balls on the fron of his hutch) he puts his head underneath them to make noise and runs under them so they fall from a great height and bang against the mesh. Obviously I can't be with him 24/7...
  10. F

Post Op

Hiya, After the 'op' will my buck need to be put on vet-bed? He is an outdoor bun and on sawdust all the time - I dont think he'd be comfortable inside but he is in a shed. Will I need to kit the hutch out with vet-bed and where will I find some? Rachel
  11. F

Toys for rabbits

Are Parrot toys safe for rabbits? You know the ones with the coloured wood that clip onto the front of the cage. Views appreciated 8) Thanks :)
  12. F

How likely to bond......

Hiya, I'm reading all these posts and seeing all these pics and hearing all these stories about bonded buns on here that I now feel mean for having mine all separate :cry: :? They all look so happy :D Some of mine are breeding/showing buns so obviously they must be kept apart and not...
  13. F

First taste of freedom :D

Hiya, Since it was such a lovely day yesterday when I got home from school I gave the rabbits a run on the grass - only a few I can trust in my (secure) garden...even though they couldn't get anywhere I worry about them running off and me not being able to retrieve them :roll: And them getting...
  14. F

Grass & Guinea Pigs

I am looking after my friends rabbit and guinea pig for the week - they live together and have an 8ft hutch at home but here as we cannot transport that hutch (two 4fts with and adjoining tunnel), they are staying in a considerably smaller one so they said to let them out in the run all day to...
  15. F

Digging Bunny

Hiya, One of my rabbits is almost 4 yrs old, a Red Eyed white Dwarf X German Lop... Anyway she has a 2 storey hutch with her litter tray in the bottom under the ramp. She has ALWAYS peed here for about 2 years in a tray, up until 3 weeks ago with a brick in as she used to try and move it when...
  16. F

Bonging/Neutering questions

Hiya, I am looking into the idea of putting Poppy (10 month buck) and Speckle (18 month doe) together so they can have a bit of company. The only problem is, both are un neutered as of yet (will be getting done in the new year) and have totally opposite personalities!!! Poppy is very lively...
  17. F

Spaying an agressive doe

Hiya, I have a doe here, 1 year & two months. She is, ans has been from 4 months, territorially agressive - grunts, lunges & bites me when I go in her hutch. She is an English rabbit (around small/medium, if anyone has a dutch/english etc. you will know what size I am getting at). And...
  18. F

Hiya

Hiya, I am Rachel & live in Yorkshire - I own 6 rabbits, all different ages. Anyway just thought I'd say hi :lol: Rachel xx
Back