• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Best bedding for long haired rabbit!

Hi guys - after a 4 year break from the forum I'm back, and have acquired my first 'fluffy bunny'! I've never had a long haired rabbit before (he's a Cashmere), and am struggling with him being an absolute shavings magnet! He is now on Carefresh bedding and it is still sticking to him left right...
  2. F

Moulting

She's a dwarf lop like the other 2 so not too thin coated! It's strange as she's never moulted since she was 8 weeks old, I was expecting a moult as soon as she was put outside but mid-November and it's starting to worry me! Does she need fetching back inside if she doesn't get her winter coat...
  3. F

Moulting

Hi guys - wasn't sure where to put this as it's not really a health issue but still need a bit of advice! I've got 3 rabbits living outside (in the 'rabbit shed'!), 2 of whom are 8/9 years old now, but last year I got a new rabbit, Polo who is now 1.5 years. At first she was a house rabbit but...
  4. F

Rabbit resuce centres

Thank you for those details I'll be enquiring at both :) Lol yeah baby bunnies have to be one of the cutest balls of fluff ever :) Rachel
  5. F

Rabbit resuce centres

Hi, Wondering if someone can help me with my search for Rabbit Rescues in the Doncaster/Wakefield/Pontefract area (Yorkshire). Looking to help out at a rescue in the way of work experience I need to do to pursue a veterinary career, and as I have alot of rabbits I thought it was the natural...
  6. F

Vet in Bradford (West Yorks)

7. F

Vet in Bradford (West Yorks)

Vets For Pets in Wakefield any good for you? The vet there routinely does neuteres for the local rabbit rescue.
  8. F

When can I move mum and babies to new hutch?

I've never moved mum and babies before until it was time to separate them..and then you are supposed to move mum and leave babies in their own hutch to be least stressful for them. When they begin exploring the hutch it will only be for a very short time at first, and they will still be using...
  9. F

black and white dutch bred with a netherland dwarf...work?

I didn't really want to join in this thread..I think alot has already been spoken about, although this statement I felt had to be corrected. As a brc registered show breeder and exhibitor myself, I aquired my show stock in the may of 2004 with the hope of breeding them when they had matured. 4...
  10. F

Christmas baby buns!

Right, well, for one I would not allow the father to have access to the babies. Either he will kill them, or mum will get stressed by him being there and kill them/abandon them herself. I would block the stairs off until old enough to cope with them, say 4/5 weeks old. They will start venturing...
  11. F

Sheds

My 10' X 4' is just blocked out with hutches, nothing exciting, but I do have pics if you would like to see.
  12. F

Fur changing colour

Did she lose any fur where the spots are? Sometimes fur grows back different colours after an operation etc where the fur has been cut/shaved. She looks like a sealpoint or a light iron grey, so wouldnt have expected any markings on the body otherwise.
  13. F

some more of my rabbits

Hiya He's looking nice, sorry I couldn't help you out with one, are you intending on breeding oranges? Good luck if you are I've just had a litter from 2 of mine, this is the 2nd litter since getting them in Feb 04 lol, they have kept me waiting quite a while as you can see :) Rachel x
  14. F

more pics

Very intreuging (sp?) BEW Dwarf, never seen one before, although my Orange came from a litter of carriers, the full BEW was 7 generations back! :lol: Would be interested to know how you got your hands on him lol :) Rachel
  15. F

Ivermectin

I would be concerned as to this drug due to the lack of information present. Ivermectin comes in two forms, Injectable and Pour on. Only the Injectable (I think, don't quote me) can be used orally. If this is indeed correct, you would not know, from this site, which one you were purchasing, and...
  16. F

Where did you get your rabbits from?

Here goes: Tango - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop) Marmalade - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop) Fluffy - Pet shop (REW Dwarf Lop) Speckle - Pet shop (English Cross) Treacle - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop) Caramel - Breeder (Orange Dwarf Lop) Poppy - Pet shop (Harlequin Dwarf Lop) Hazel - Breeder (Orange...
  17. F

Litter tray lining - has anyone heard of or used bed-down?

Yes, Bed-down is very good and used in hutches with many breeders. However sometimes it can stain feet, however its still a good choice :)
  18. F

Excel or Excel Lite???

When I used to use Exel Lite for one of mine (overweight) It said it shouldnt be used on rabbits under 9 months. Don't know if its changed.
  19. F

Mouth / Eyesore:: UPDATE FROM VET!! PLEASE READ!!

This is all too common of 'back-yard breeders', not one to check their rabbits regularly, and so the disease goes un-noticed. One affected buck, can spread it to any number of females, and then the female passes it through the body to the un-born kits. These rabbits however show a degree of...
  20. F

what type is this rabbit

Or depending on the weight Thrianta :)
Back