• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. TheTigerThief

Possible GI stasis? What do I need to watch for?

This afternoon when I returned home, I went to check up on my rabbits as I always do. I chopped some apple for them since they haven't had it in a while and I thought they would like a little treat, but when I got to their pen Cleo wasn't running to the gate to greet me like she always does. I...
  2. TheTigerThief

Help, my rabbit is fat!

I need some advice regarding helping my rabbit to lose some weight... My Petra is fat. The vet suggested we lay off the pellets for a while, so we cut back to giving them an a small eggcup of pellets only once a week. Since cutting back on pellets, my other three look a much healthier weight but...
  3. TheTigerThief

Help! Will my girls ever get along?

I'm having a really rough time trying to rebond my girls... I mentioned back in February that my girls, sisters Cleo and Petra, were spayed. While they were intact, they lived together quite happily. As they got older and their hormones kicked in they had a couple of scuffles but nothing serious...
  4. TheTigerThief

The thing about lop ears...

It's been a while since I was on RU, can't believe I never shared this gem of Petra and River! They make me laugh. :lol:
  5. TheTigerThief

Bunny bromance

Bromances are a special kind of bunny love... :lol: Here are some of my favourite pictures of my boys. Feel free to share photos of your bunny bromances! :) That last picture was taken yesterday, my Mum gives them way too many pellets... :shock::?
  6. TheTigerThief

Bonding sisters after spay

My girls have finally been spayed, last week they had their operations and everything went very well according to the vet. They had a check-up yesterday and everything's healing fine, they're starting to act like their normal selves again. The vet said it was alright to reintroduce them, so we...
  7. TheTigerThief

Nesting behaviors

My doe, Petra, made a nest during the past few days I've been out of town. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, Petra has gone through phantom pregnancies before but I can't help but notice every time she's made a nest, she puts her toy carrot and/or banana in it. I was wondering why she...
  8. TheTigerThief

What could've caused an injury like this? (bunny is healthy)

I wasn't really sure where to post this, I hope it's in the right place... When I adopted André, he came to me with a pretty substantial nick in his right ear. He's obviously had a bit of a sad past, he's very timid of people compared to his penmates but we know nothing of how he came to get...
  9. TheTigerThief

Show me dewlaps!

I think dewlaps are just the cutest thing on bunnies. Whenever I see my girls bunloafing around, they look so comfortable snuggled up with their big chins. :love: Here is my girl Petra, her dewlap is far more prominent than her sister's for some reason. Show me some dewlaps! :D
  10. TheTigerThief

Losing fur/scabs?

I'm a little concerned about my rabbit, Petra. I've been away for the past few days camping and when I returned, I found Petra with quite a bit of fur loss on her back, looking like this. She's still acting like her usual self, but I did take a closer look and found these small little...
  11. TheTigerThief

Phantom pregnancy

So I'm pretty certain that Petra is experiencing a phantom pregnancy right now, she's been very busy building her nest and pulling her fur out, getting protective of her nest, ect.. I know I pretty much just have to let her ride this out, but I'm having a bit of an issue supplying them with hay...
  12. TheTigerThief

Need help understanding my bucks

I don't understand the relationship by boys have... They were bonded when I got them, but since moving in with the girls they've split off into natural pairs (Cleo and River, André and Petra) and soon the boys didn't really seem to get along as well with eachother as they did when I first got...
  13. TheTigerThief

What have you got there, Mum?

A camera? Take my picture! Take it!
  14. TheTigerThief

What's this sore in André's ear?

This afternoon I while I was out feeding the bunnies I noticed something bright red in André's ear. It looks like blood. I tried to take a few photos, but he got cranky and me and went in the hutch. These were the clearest I could get; What could this be? Ear mites? A bite from something...
  15. TheTigerThief

How to tell a rabbit's age?

The paperwork I have for my adopted Dutch boy, André, doesn't specify his age. My girls are almost 1 and River is 2. I've been assuming he was a little older then River, but I've noticed some significant differences between him and the other three. He lounges around and naps a lot, and rarely...
  16. TheTigerThief

How does your bunny display affection?

We all know how unique each individual rabbit can be, so tell me some of the funny/adorable ways your buns show their love for you! My bunnies all run to greet me when I get home and they often jump up on my lap. Bunny cuddles are the best! :love:
  17. TheTigerThief

All grown up!

I haven't logged in to RU in a while and the first thing I noticed about my profile picture was how young my girls were... I decided to compile a thread of photos from when they were babies to now. Tiny Cleo and Petra on the right. A little Petra. When they first came to their new home...
  18. TheTigerThief

Destructive chewing- Help!

My rabbits have always chewed at parts of their hutch. This has so far been fine, nothing too major. Except this morning when I went to give them fresh water only to find the door of the hutch had been chewed right through! If they had managed to do this before we built their aviary, they...
  19. TheTigerThief

Buns and rain?

It's been awhile since I last posted... To make a long story short, I volunteer at my local rabbit rescue and am a 'failed' foster carer, as I fell in love with the buns I was looking after and adopted them. :oops: They are both boys, a Holland lop called River and a Dutch called André. Now I...
  20. TheTigerThief

Pinkish dewlap?

I noticed Cleo, my predominately white rabbit, seems to have a pinkish tinge to her dewlap. She isn't in any distress, I was just outside with her and she was eating and drinking as normal, and being her inquisitive little self. What could've caused a pink dewlap? Do I need to take her to the...
Back