• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Ruthyjones89

Bailey - total ear canal ablation - thoughts?

Hi all, it’s been quite a while since I’ve been on here so hope you don’t mind me messaging. Bailey has been to the vets today where we did a head CT. This has shown the worst possible news.. full on middle ear infection which has already eaten away at his bone. The vets feel this is far too...
  2. Ruthyjones89

Bunny bum baths

Hi, sorry it’s been a while since I last posted.. but I’m hoping someone can please help? Bailey was rushed in for emergency surgery on Tuesday to remove a bladder stone which had got lodged in his urethra. He was scheduled for surgery this week anyway but the stone had moved and got lodged in...
  3. Ruthyjones89

Bailey’s ongoing bladder issues - kidney stones

Hi all, Sorry but I’m hoping anyone who may have dealt with kidney stones before can help as I’m freaking out. For the last week, bailey has been spotting blood, he’s been on metacam and anti-biotics but we’ve seen no change whatsoever. He went back for scans yesterday and it’s now looking...
  4. Ruthyjones89

Bladder flushing?

Hi everyone, My little man bailey has been suffering with ‘we think’ sludge in his bladder.. He has bottled non calcium water, low calcium herbs and hardly any treats but every so often has a blip where he struggles to urinate and has even had a slightly bloody willy on 1 occasion. He eats...
  5. Ruthyjones89

Any people who can help foster any bunnies in West Yorkshire?

Hi guys, I’m so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but is their possibly anyone who can help foster any rabbits in or around West Yorkshire? There are 5 rabbits (between ages of 6 months - 2 years) who are going to be disposed of on Tuesday if we can’t find any help? If you want...
  6. Ruthyjones89

slight dilemma - will a trio of 2 males and 1 female work?

Hi guys, Sorry I don't post much on here anymore but I'm at a slight dilemma and not sure what to do. My parents neighbour from back in Wales have a 7 year old male who's on his own. Every time I go up, I take him toys, special treat hays and give him a cuddle as he really does crave attention...
  7. Ruthyjones89

anyone local to Peterborough to help 2 8 week baby rabbits?

Hi, Is there anyone who can help with 2 baby rabbits in Dogsthorpe, Peterborough? Someone has brought x2 baby bunnies, but have no idea what they are doing. They are being kept in a plastic container and he doesn't have the right food for them. Sorry if I shouldn't post this, but not sure...
  8. Ruthyjones89

urine infections and how to increase water intake?

Hi guys, I know I haven’t posted for a while sorry but we believe Bailey is suffering from a urine infection. He has been quieter for the last couple of days but with him moulting badly assumed he was fed up with the grooming. Last night Bailey refused his tea, tummy presssing and spot...
  9. Ruthyjones89

Bailey has sore hocks starting

Hi guys, I can see there are loads of threads for Sore hocks which I will have a good read through tonight. But when I went home at lunch time and checked on Bailey he has got a little red patch form on his heel of his right hock! Although it's not bleeding, it is very red and looking quite...
  10. Ruthyjones89

Textured laminate

Hi guys, Just looking for some thoughts really, we currently live in a bungalow which is carpet throughout. The problem is the carpet we currently have is very poor quality from the last owner & in many places it's thread bare. Due to the amount we have to cover, we are actually thinking of...
  11. Ruthyjones89

Somebunny is pulling out all the stops for extra treats (PIC HEAVY)

Mum, please can I have an extra treat? https://www.flickr.com/photos/151129053@N06/24073141908/in/dateposted/ Pretty please...? https://www.flickr.com/photos/151129053@N06/37870810506/in/dateposted/ Daddy please can I have a treat...
  12. Ruthyjones89

Mini bank holiday rescue! :)

So yesterday I came across this poor little bunny.. Who was being sold on facebay, cage included! :cry: He is only 6 months old and lives in this cage 24/7. Plus he was brought at 3 weeks old! Poor baby.. :cry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151129053@N06/36737453511/in/dateposted-public I...
  13. Ruthyjones89

Tea time at the mad house and Bailey trying his luck! :)

Tea time in our mad house.. So 4.30 and Martin walks in from cutting the grass, so Bailey thinks he can try his luck; (Couldn't resist videoing this!!) https://www.flickr.com/photos/151129053@N06/35714254423/in/dateposted-public/ Then 5pm, tea time! Both bunnies are on it and waiting for mum...
  14. Ruthyjones89

Health update for Bailey! :)

Hi guys, Well a lot of you are already aware of baileys previous health issues, including his ear infection. He's been for his 6 month check up today and I'm delighted to say he's still doing amazing and his ears remain pus free and very little wax. I'm still cleaning his ears weekly which...
  15. Ruthyjones89

Bellas had her mxyi combi vac today and now got loose poop!

Hi guys, Me probably stressing sorry, but Bella has been for her combi vaccine earlier today and she's got loose poop. Not horrendous, it's still formed but very very soft compared to her normal golden poops. She's eaten her pellets and munching on hay, so guessing she's fine and it'll pass...
  16. Ruthyjones89

when it all goes very quiet, too quiet.. and you find your bunny causing mischief!

so after I cleaned the buns out this morning, instead of taking the dirty hay out straight away, I put it in our front porch area and then was going to take it out when heading off to work - pretty standard! about 10 mins after both bunnies we're fed, it went very quiet and one little cheeky...
  17. Ruthyjones89

Bailey & Bella piccies! :)

Hi guys, Well as its been a while thought you might like some piccies of my two little tinkers; Bailey.. Bella.. Happy bunnies.. Naughty bunnies coming from the bathroom; Hmm what have they been up to?! Only Chewed the doorstop! :lol:
  18. Ruthyjones89

When you come back from shopping...

And your instantly greeted by these two.... ... Wondering what delights mum has brought back for them! :lol: :lol: They settled for a little strawberry each today! :love: :love:
  19. Ruthyjones89

Happy Easter - anyone been spoilt?

Happy Easter guys!! Sorry but I have to post this as my other half made me smile so much today after such a crappy week last week! Has anyone else been spoilt by there bunnies?
  20. Ruthyjones89

Devil Bella strikes again!!!!

Thankfully I am writing this after a good 24 hours so slightly more relaxed.. but Sunday morning was not our usual quiet Sunday, instead the little devil in bella came out and came out in force!! I can laugh about it now, but at the time... I was a very cross bunny mum and she nearly ended up in...
Back