• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Where did your first rabbit come from?

I used to live in a semi-rural area and there was a swap meet that had a lot of animal vendors. My wife went and felt bad for the baby rabbits that had to sit in little cramped cages. She brought one home and suddenly I had another pet.
  2. S

Lots of Hopping Last Night.

i appreciate all the funny replies. I sure get a kick out of the stories. It seems that they have varied states of excitement too. Sometimes I might be lucky to see a single flip. Sometimes you can tell that the rabbit is showing off.
  3. S

Lots of Hopping Last Night.

Last night Me and my wife had a couple of friends over. We were all watching something on TV and I decided to let the rabbit run around with us. The friends I invited over love animals, but had never had a good experience with a rabbit. Well, my rabbit Felly decided he was going to be a...
  4. S

The Rabbit Cage

the thing i like about the idea of the dog carriers is that they are mostly plastic, so the rabbit couldn't make a mess while it was in the carrier. I would recommend always buying rabbit cages over Ebay. They are way too expensive in stores. I saw a small hutch for sell recently that was...
  5. S

The Rabbit Cage

I have always wanted to do something to make the ladder safer. It isn't too small for her, I just don't like the little gaps for feet to get stuck. I keep her in the shade and she gets about an hour where she can sunbathe on the top level of the cage. She does get to go outside and run...
  6. S

The Rabbit Cage

sorry about that...fixed the link.
  7. S

The Rabbit Cage

I was just wondering what kinds of cages everyone uses? I myself use one I bought on Ebay. It has a plastic liner on bottom, and 2 upper levels. I have often read about rabbits not liking cages with levels, but I find this to be untrue. My rabbit's favorite spot to flip on her back is on...
  8. S

What breed is this?

Thanks for all the great replies. You have all been a tremendous help. I will keep you updated on the rabbit.
  9. S

What breed is this?

http://community.webshots.com/album/128119803UBhosr I have asked other forums what they think my rabbit is.. the answer I got was a Netherland Dwarf Brood in Siamese Sable coloring. Just wanted to get some opinions. Also, I wanted to know that after you spay a doe do they usually bond a lot...
  10. S

Bottles Vs Dishes

I know what you mean about them thinking it is a game to knock over the bowl. No kidding, ha! I have read that in the wild, rabbits rarely drink water from streams or puddles. They actually get most of their water from the plants they eat. Also, they drink the condensation that forms on...
Back