• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. joybell

Loss of weight in rabbit eating well

Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced a healthy looking rabbit losing weight. I rescued a mini Rex male rabbit one year old, who was incarcerated in a hutch. He was overweight due to over feeding with pellets and lack of exercise. He now lives in a shed with runaround link to overnight...
  2. joybell

Bonding update

In my last post I had taken on a male mini Rex and going to attempt to bond him with my 3 other rabbits, 2 female and 1 male. All neutered. I have put new rabbit in the garden using a run around system but with fencing so that all the buns can see each other. The 2 females are not at all...
  3. joybell

Introducing new rabbit to three bonded rabbits

I have 3 rabbits, Mum, son and daughter all neutered, living free range in the garden all day, large shed and aviary over night. I am considering taking on a neglected young male rabbit who currently lives in a hutch and rarely let out. I have a patio area next to the shed/aviary set up, and...
  4. joybell

Small poos

I can't understand why my 4 rabbits only do small poos. They have loads of hay (good quality), they are out in the garden from 8am until around 7 - 8pm with full access to grass and natural forage. When I look in their litter trays in the shed - pathetically small droppings. I am very jealous...
  5. joybell

Last one today

This is my big boy Tim. He is bonded with Marguerite. They are free range and getting used to their new shed, having been evicted from the garage! Thank you all for your patience. I am amazed I have managed to post photos at all as a total technophobe:D
  6. joybell

another photo!

This is Minnie. I am trying to download a few photos at a time but can't do it! Sorry if I'm hogging the page!:shock:
  7. joybell

More photos

This is Bubbles
  8. joybell

Part of my set up

[/URL] This is where Mitzy (mum), Grey, Mouse and Bubbles live. They are the small rabbits, and have constant freedom of the two areas via a runaround tunnel.
  9. joybell

trying to post a photo part 2

[/URL] well I think this might be too big. Photo of Mitzy, Grey and Mouse
  10. joybell

trying to post a photo

MG]rabbit imaghttp://s1296.photobucket.com/user/rowian/library/rabbit%20imageses[/IMG]
  11. joybell

Not happy bunnies!

I feel so mean - Tim and Marguerite are trying to get into "their" garage but I have locked the cat flap. I have bought them a 7' x 5' shed with windows. A handy friend has lined it throughout and non slip vinyl on the floor, ramp up to second floor with a long viewing platform so they can look...
  12. joybell

Floppy ear!

Hi, I have just been to check on outside buns and one of them has one ear folded down when both ears are usually erect. I examined the ear inside and out and nothing to see. Bunny is eating fine and quite normal apart from the ear. Has anyone any ideas?:wave:
  13. joybell

small poos!

I can't understand why one of my outside buns does such small dark poos. He is a big rabbit (5 kgs) and is free range, eats some hay but grazes on grass 24 hrs a day (when not asleep!) He is very healthy and active. All my other rabbits (7 of them) have normal poos. Am I getting obsessed...
  14. joybell

Being bullied by sisters

My 4 girls were spayed 5 weeks ago, and one of them is being chased a lot by two of her sisters. If approached by any of the other rabbits she runs away, even though they are not being aggressive. One of the sisters used to chase her before they were all spayed, but the other sister has started...
  15. joybell

decorative fencing for enclosure

I am going to reorganise my two enclosures into one large bunny garden, but would like the fencing to look nicer than the "Steptoes" back yard that it looks now. My OH says the garden is ruined with the ugly wire fencing. Wood is out for obvious reasons, and I am having difficulty finding...
  16. joybell

Untidy buns

Whenever I see other members photos of their rabbit homes, be it shed, wendy house, or indoors, they look so tidy and clean. No poos and hay all over the place. I clean out my buns sheds every day and within half an hour there is hay all over the place and poos. They are so messy. Are the...
  17. joybell

Smelly corner of run!!

I wonder if anyone can offer suggestions on how to prevent smelly corner of run - a favourite place for wees and poos. I clean up everyday but still very smelly. The run is used by mum and 3 youngsters and is uncovered so I can't leave a litter box, or litter pellets (tried that,:shock: nasty...
  18. joybell

10 week buns and veg

Hi, I have 7 ten week old buns, just separated into boys and girls. The girls are in same enclosure as mum. When I try and feed mum her veggies the babies run out and dive on them as well. I try and shoo them away. will a tiny amount of say parsley be ok for them, to divert their attention...
Back