• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

What food for sore mouth

He had his booster yesterday. He wasnt given pain relief as he has shown no sign of discomfort - I wanted to get his teeth checked before it got to that stage and luckily I was in time. The spurs arent actually rubbing against his tongue - YET. It is only this morning I have noticed he was...
  2. K

What food for sore mouth

Hi, Gizmo went to the vets yesterday for his booster & I got them to check his teeth whilst we were there has it has been 11 weeks since his last dental (doing well as last time it was only 8 weeks) and I wanted to try and catch it before it got to the stage of him being in real pain & not...
  3. K

Advice on toilet training

I have 2 bunnies (both from rescue) who are house rabbits but kept in seperate hutches as they fight. I have had both rabbits for 2 years and neither are toilet trained. The female isnt too bad as she keeps it all to 1 area (the corner of her bed!!) so it is relatively easy to clean, however...
  4. K

Better Bunny Homes - Hutch/Playhouse/Shed/Run covers

Could you also give me the website/phone number for bobtail bunnies. I have seen them advertised in my vets and p@h and wanted to book my 2 bunnies in when I go away for the weekend in April - good to hear the positive feedback about them aswell. I am in Teignmouth.
  5. K

Gizmo update

Well surprise surprise he is back to normal!!! Yesterday we caught him 'playing' us on a few occassions - when he could see or hear us he would lie down in the corner looking sad then as soon as we left the room (and peeped round the door so he couldnt see us) he was up, jumping around and...
  6. K

Gizmo update

We agreed to give him until Friday as he had some more anti-inflamatory, painkiller and antibiotic at the vets on Wednesday. He is also known to sulk after an op and be a bit of a diva - he has done it before, refuses to eat and move when medically there is nothing wrong with him, he was...
  7. K

Gizmo update

Following my thread on Saturday re: should he be PTS, Gizmo had his teeth done on Monday which all went fine. The top set of molars werent too bad so it was just the bottom set that they had to be brutal with and they also think he may have a loose molar or tooth infection which we need to keep...
  8. K

URGENT advice needed - should he be PTS!!

Yes the vet did mention a root problem as he could feel the swelling and protuding to his cheeks - to be honest I didnt take it all in to today so my posts are probably not very accurate to what the vet said!! Thanks for all your thoughts, you have confirmed what I knew deep down - he should not...
  9. K

As all of his molars do not grow aligned the vet said he could not remove them because you can not just remove 1 molar you have to remove the adjacent one aswell and bunnies can not live or eat properly without molars and so it causes more problems - he said it would be a strong possibility if...
  10. K

My little Gizmo (aged 2.5) is having terrible problems with his teeth and I need some urgent advice and thoughts. He first had to have his molars trimmed right down about 10 months ago we later found out has lots of cuts into his cheeks and this was caused because his teeth do not grow aligned...
  11. K

Dentals

Urgent advice - should he be PTS!! My little Gizmo (aged 2.5) is having terrible problems with his teeth and I need some urgent advice and thoughts. He first had to have his molars trimmed right down about 10 months ago we later found out has lots of cuts into his cheeks and this was caused...
  12. K

Missing fur

Something similar happened to my bunny but much much worse and I had to share it with you. She had a lump removed and the shaved patch never grew back, we had steroid cream to rub on it, various injections but nothing worked. She then started to lose hair in clumps but not down to the skin and...
  13. K

Strange behaviour....what is she doing?! and diet advice

She is spayed, she was done in the rescue center before we got here 2 years ago, she is also get seperate from our male bunnie as they dont get on. Do I need to do anything if she is having a pseudi-pregnancy? Can you tell me what are the best dark green spring greens to feed and how often...
  14. K

Strange behaviour....what is she doing?! and diet advice

Hi I noticed last night and again this morning that my bunny Doopy is behaving strangely with straw. She seems to be trying to pick up as much as possible in her mouth which looks hilarious as it is sticking out both sides of her mouth, she does this for about 5 minutes and then just drops it -...
  15. K

Refusing to eat enough roughage - help!

My small lop suffers with his front teeth as they grow slighly unaligned and sharp and is having to have them filed down again this week - the 2nd time in 4 months as he is not eating very well, is drooling and is slightly under the weather - just got back ffrom the vets. Since we had him 3...
  16. K

Urgent Advice on Castration aftercare needed

We continue to have slight improvements. Gizmo is being a good boy is letting us syringe his antibiotics and Prepulsid into his mouth twice a day now. He is also taking a little bit of baby food from the syringe and is swallowing it not spitting it out. Since yesterday evening has been...
  17. K

The dry mix has been in there all day with him - we have a second bunny in a seperate hutch (they dont get on!) and so what I meant was that when we feed her at 5pm as normal Gizmo might hear the bag rustle and it might interest him. He is now eating some more carrot .....fingers crossed this...
  18. K

He had painkiller injection, but doesnt seem in any discomfort. Vet has given us some prepulsid to give him twice daily alongside the baytril - think the prepulsid is to help stimuilate his stomach? He has finally eaten a little bit of hay and straw - not much but a couple of mouthfuls but...
  19. K

Took Gizmo back to the vets this morning as he didnt eat or drink and no droppings overnight, they advised us to take his collar off as his wound is ok and the stitches are underneath so he cant get to them too easily. They gave him another injection to try and get his bowels moving and we need...
  20. K

Update on Gizmo, we took the collar off him and he did become a lot more livelier and seemed like his normal self, however he did keep trying to mess with his stitches and hasnt eaten or drunk anything and also had a weepy eye so we took him back to the vets this afternoon. He has been given...
Back