• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Rabbit Rehome Facebook Page

Hi all! We are trying to get the RR FB page more active. If you would like to have a look (like, follow, share, comment :wave:) please follow the link: https://www.facebook.com/rabbitrehome/?ref=bookmarks We hope to see you over there. Take care Rachel
  2. H

Young Male White Lionhead (aggressive at times) -Chnage of plan- looking for n female

It is will great sadness that I am writing this. Rehoming a rabbit is not something I have ever wanted to do (or considered doing before) but I am at a loss at what to do. At the end of August I had a call from my boss asking if I could temporarily take a rabbit in (for a few days) that was...
  3. H

Digging Back Until Red Raw

Hi, I have been trying to bond to neutered males. Leo is approx. 6 years old and was neutered at a very early age. He recently lost his long term girlfriend. Bertie is possibly about 2 years old and was neutered about 9 weeks ago, he has never has a rabbit friend as far as we are aware...
  4. H

Advice Needed - Should I Complain?

Hi all, I would really appreciate some on advice regarding some emergency treatment one of my rabbits received. Last Saturday evening I found Roger (7 year old neutered male) laying on his side and breathing rather fast. As our usual vet was closed we had to call the emergency vet who quoted...
  5. H

Tramadol - How to administer

Hi all, I know quite a few people have rabbits on tramadol and I was wondering how you get them to take it? Rupert has been prescribed 25mg twice daily and I am crushing the tablet and mixing with juice but he will not take it. It is sooooo bitter. He spits a lot of it out. He has kidney...
  6. H

Frusemide Dose and Medication Calculation Help Please

Hi all, I am hoping you can help. I am trying to understand medication calculations and I was practising with my rabbits medication. My rabbit has been prescribed Frusemide. She is 2.2kg and have been given a 5% solution and a dose of 0.04ml per day. As far as I am aware a 5% solution is...
  7. H

Bonding and Illness Query

I have a rabbit that has a cystic kidney and is now on palliative care. We have considered surgery but the vet does not think that Rupert will survive. Rupert is bonded to Trudy who is about 18 month old. About 6 weeks ago we had to say goodbye to Leah who had spinal issues and she left...
  8. H

URGENT Help Needed - Anti-biotics For Facial Abscess

Hi all, I am hoping for some help finding some antibiotics suitable for a facial abscess (just below the eye). Leo has had the abscess removed in December, February and yesterday. The vet wants to prescribe Penicillin G but their supplier does not have any that we can find. She is happy to...
  9. H

Cystic Kidney

Has anyone any experience of a cystic kidney in rabbits? I took Rupert to the vets yesterday has he had lost 400g in 2 weeks (he is now 4.4kg). On examination the vet found a large mass on his left side. He also needed a dental. They booked him straight in for a dental and a scan of the...
  10. H

Not Sure If It Time To Say Goodbye - Advice please

We adopted Leah 2.5 years ago. I saw an advert on Gumtree with a very sad looking "wildie" coloured bunny (approx. 4 years old) and I could not stop thinking about her. Her bunny friend had passed away and her owner had gone away to university. We went to get her and I was disgusted at her...
  11. H

Its all getting too much

At the moment I have 5 rabbits on medication and am struggling to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Leah has spinal damage and is living on borrowed time. The vet can not understand how she is functioning and eating happily but this could change at any time. She is on daily metacam...
  12. H

Trio Bonding - Stuck In A Rut - UPDATE HELP NEEDED

Hey all, I was hoping someone could offer some advice on my currently bonding situation. We have be bonding a trio for the last 2 weeks: Boo - 8 year old neutered female (partially blind) Digby - 4 year old neutered male (very jumpy) Clarence - 3 year old neutered male (very playful!) Boo...
  13. H

Rabbits and Cats.

Hey all, I really should not be asking this but my heart needs me too. A cat was brought into the vets where I work about 6 weeks ago. It was found locked in a pet carrier (the bag style ones) outside a local church. Inside the carrier was a packet of food. The cat is about 8 years old and...
  14. H

Bunny Not Responding to Liver Disease Trearment

Boo was slowly loosing weight over a period of a couple of months. After blood tests were taken we were told they showed problems with her liver. She was given Herpatisil(?) and Vitamin B injections but she has not responded and her weight remains where it was when treatment started. She...
  15. H

Any Tips For Bonding a Very Jumpy Bunny?

Trudy is about 5 months old and was neutered 7 weeks ago. She was a stay that was handed into the vets so her age and history is unknown. Since adopting her she has been very jumpy. When you walk into the room where she is, she throws herself around the room in fright. If you make an...
  16. H

Day 5 Bonding and big fight. Give up or try again?

We started to bond a mixed pair and recently bereived male on Friday night. All neutered and on neutral territory. There were a few small scuffles and lots of stand offs but things calmed down and on Sunday night we found them all sat together. Monday was much of the same and so seemed...
  17. H

How To Educate Back Yard Rescues?

Hey all, I know there are several back yard rescues on facebook and that they are trying to help but what can be done to educate them in current welfare standards? One in particular is encouraging the use of tiny hutches and when someone challenged this they were told 6ft * 2ft * 2ft is an...
  18. H

Renal Failure and sub cuts

Hi, I have a rabbit with renal failure and have been advised by my vet to give sub cuts twice a week. No more than 60mls. I was wonder if this is what other have been advised? Thank you inadvance
  19. H

Do Ex Stray Rabbits Have A Food Obsession

Hi, I have recently taken on (separately) 2 rabbits that were handed into my vets as strays. Both will eat pretty much anything and very quickly. They seem to have the empty the bowl as soon as you put it down. Is this a result of been a stray or have I just got too greedy bunnies? x
  20. H

Strange Noise - like a sneeze - ANy ideas?

Leah has been doing something quite odd for the last 24 hours. Every now and then (when she is sat very calm) she starts to make a noise like a sneeze but its not coming from her nose. She does this repeatedly for about 30 to 60 seconds and her body shakes slightly with it. Once she finishes...
Back