• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. R

Evo - 2 months already

Hey, I know I don't come on here a lot anymore, but seeing as so many of you "knew" him, I thought I should let you know that Evo died at the vets yesterday. My gorgeous little cuddle bun food monster has gone. I don't know what it was - I'll always feel that it's because I took him for his...
  2. R

Evo's video

Just a little video of Evo exploring the living room - he's not allowed in there too often, as there's too much in there for him to destroy - like the Peter Rabbit he tried to attack half way through the vid. :lol:
  3. R

Does your bunny do this?

Eating while lying down. What a lazy little monster!
  4. R

How can I stop Evo overgrooming his hock?

He has had this once before, but never this bad. He doesn't have sore hocks as such, but the callouses on his feet must be really itchy, cos he gives them a mega groom sometimes and makes them bleed. Last time was November, and this time it has been twice in a week. There is A LOT of blood when...
  5. R

Those of you with "bunservatories" - update, anyone got any extension ideas?

Those of you with "bunservatories" - update, anyone got any extension ideas? Those of you who house your house buns in a conservatory, how hot does the conservatory get and how do you keep the room / the bun cool? Just wondering, as thinking about extension options for our house. :)
  6. R

Evo the bunny begs for food

I always tell Dave not to give him so much, but it's just too cute!! :love:
  7. R

Bunny or torpedo?

Cos I'm not sure what it is. :?
  8. R

Phew!!

I took Evo up to the vet for a manicure this morning, and when we got back he wasn't talking to me or eating etc, so was getting a bit worried. We are friends again now, he's back to being a SS thief! :D
  9. R

Bunnies and puppies?

How do rabbits react to puppies? I have no real experience of dogs at all, but Dave has decided that he wants one. My first and only concern really was how Evo would get along with it, seeing as he's a house bunny. If there would be any problem at all, then we won't be getting one. Dog breed in...
  10. R

Is Oxbow Bunny Basics T yummier than A&P?

I have currently got Evo eating A&P, as he stopped eating SS since they changed the recipe. He wasn't very keen at first, but he will eat it pretty enthusiastically now. I was just wondering if anyone has changed their bun over to Oxbow from A&P and what they thought?? I know the Oxbow is much...
  11. R

How big are the 11kg / 25lb boxes of Oxbow??

I normally get Evo the 4.05kg / 9lb boxes of Oxbow for Evo and I have the perfect place on top of my wardrobe :oops: to store them. Just wondering how big the next size up is, as it would work out a lot cheaper for me, but I don't know if I'd have room to store.
  12. R

Dead bugs in the hay

I know it's a natural product, so to a certain extent it can't be helped, but how many bugs are "normal" to find in a batch of hay??? My latest box of Oxbow has had about 5 so far, and I'm not even half way through the box. :x They are quite big, colourful grasshopper looking things. I have...
  13. R

Am I feeding him enough pellets??

Just wondering if I am feeding Evo enough pellets? He is on A&P mainly, but also has a few pellets of SS as pictured. During the rest of the day he has about a teaspoon of porridge oats as treats (spread over the day), about 5 more SS pellets and a teaspoon more of A&P at bed time. Apart from...
  14. R

Willow twigs for chewing

Hubby and I went to a garden centre last week, which has a massive pet section with loads of bunny treats. Hubby picked out some willow sticks for Evo, which he really seems to be getting stuck into. I was just wondering if they will do anything for wearing down his back teeth, or are they more...
  15. R

Anyone in Devon fancy a bit of Evo sitting?

As above, is anyone able to look after Evo for me next weekend? I was going to leave him here, but with him being so poorly recently, I think he needs someone overnight. My parents would do it normally, but they will be at my wedding! :shock: I would obviously pay anyone that could do it. He is...
  16. R

Not sure what's going on with Evo

This is a long one, but I'd value your opinions. I know what to do. :( Okay..... Tuesday, Evo turns his nose up at food, we go to the vet, vet checks him and finds an ulcer on his tongue. Dental is booked for Wednesday. Wednesday, he has his dental. He recovers well after 2 lots of syringe...
  17. R

Hurray!

Yay! I can pick Evo up after his dental at 4.30. He had loads of spurs, and it was only a month since his last dental. :(
  18. R

Bonjela?

Can Bonjela or anything similar be used on buns? Evo needs another dental, which he's having tomorrow, but I was just wondering if there was anything he could have apart from an injectable pain killer to help his mouth be less sore until then? The vet doesn't like to give metacam too often for...
  19. R

Where can I find a clip on water bowl?

When I get married (:shock:) Evo will be staying here, as I thought it would be better for him to be at home in a familiar cage, than have a 20 mile car journey and be in an unfamiliar cage. He will be on his own for about 22 hours, and I don't have anyone to look in on him He's going to have...
  20. R

Evo update - update Tue am with a quick question

Well, I've just been to get Evo from the vet. Apparently he has been digging in his cage all day. :roll: But still not very interested in food. :( He wouldn't take his earlier syringe feed at all, but the vet nurse said he was a bit more keen on the second one, which is good. He is currently...
Back