• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. doorkeeper

Look what Doris did!

http://imgur.com/a/6RY0e Nobun was hurt but three pairs have had their runs wrecked and have had to move. Hopefully we can get them sorted quickly. The feed shed roof is shredded too.
  2. doorkeeper

Naughty rabbits!

This morning during the meds round I got mugged! I put the bottle of metacam and the syringe of fibreplex down while I knelt down in the shed to pick up Verbena to give them to her. Sunshine grabbed the tube of fibreplex and while I gave him a squirt of it as he seemed to like it so much...
  3. doorkeeper

Oh dear, 111 rabbits!

It is so hard to say no! And two more are coming tomorrow! And there is another I have promised to take. That will be 24 we have taken in this year. Time to bolt the doors until next year:( And do lots more bonding. We only have 40 proper places, the only reason we can hold so many rabbits is...
  4. doorkeeper

It seems to be bonding time.

We have just taken in nine new rabbits and have one more coming next weekend. And we had no extra spaces! The only thing for it is lots of bonding. So far it seems to be going well, apart from losing one very ill little new comer, who did not get much time to enjoy her new friends, but at...
  5. doorkeeper

Hopper Haven Open Day Canceled

As title. Blame the weather:(
  6. doorkeeper

cisapride available again:)

My vet left a surprise for me tonight - 100 cisapride tablets:) they have just become available again:thumb::thumb: and apparently the company is trying for the license to produce the suspension too:D:D for those who don't know, cisapride is the very best appetite stimulant for rabbits
  7. doorkeeper

Primrose

Poor beautiful Primrose passed away peacefully yesterday surrounded by her companions Beauty, Larch and Mayfly. She was one of the first group of rabbits that came into Hopper Haven the year we started. she arrived with a litter of three day old babies that I transported in a shoe box full of...
  8. doorkeeper

The best bit

Absolutely the best part of running a sanctuary is the day you get to let a new rabbit out into his/her permanent full sized accomodation. Yesterday it was the turn of Winter, a five year old English marked brown and white standard rex buck. He arrived a month ago just before the VHD outbreak...
  9. doorkeeper

Hopper Haven Christmas Cards

Are available again. Great quality cards. A pack of ten costs £3.50 and 100% of the price goes towards supporting the 200 hundred rabbits and guinea pigs in our care. You can buy them at our Winter Fayre on Nov 8th or they will soon be added to our ebay shop.
  10. doorkeeper

Hopper Haven 2010 calendars

Now available from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hopper-Haven-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-Calendar-100-Charity_W0QQitemZ250515689279QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Paper_RL?hash=item3a53e60f3f Hopper Haven is a registered charity and is home to 138 rabbits and 68 guinea pigs as of this date. Please...
  11. doorkeeper

Hopper Haven Open Day November 8th, 11:15

Hopper Haven Winter Open Day, Nov 8th, 11:15 - 3:30pm Hopper Haven 557 Evesham Road Crabbs Cross Redditch B97 5JP Come along and see what we have been up to. Outside is nearly finished, we now have 30 huge runs with large hutches or sheds to give our residents as much space as possible...
  12. doorkeeper

Available Rescue: Hyacinth - home as single house rabbit wanted, midlands

I have been beaten twice over. It doesn't sit well with me to rehome rabbits to live alone, but Hyacinth seems to be a hyperactive soul who finds fighting with other rabbits extremely enjoyable. She dives in and clamps her teeth into any potential mate and I am not prepared to have her injure...
  13. doorkeeper

Available Rescue: Diego - home as single house rabbit wanted - midlands

I have been beaten:( Despite my best efforts and lots of lost sleep I can not find another rabbit that Diego will get on with. Jane Dexter has also tried numerous times to bond him and failed. I thought I had cracked it once and he went to a new home, but then fought with the doe I thought I...
  14. doorkeeper

Available Rescue: Rehoming clogged up with hard to rehome rabbits

We now have so many hard to rehome rabbits that we find it very hard to take more in. And this is in the rehoming section, leaving aside the nearly 100 permanent resident rabbits. The ones that are sticking here are all healthy (they would be permanent residents if they weren't). More...
  15. doorkeeper

I thought I had lost Rosie

I went into the shed to give meds to the rabbits that need it every morning, and couldn't find Rosie to give her hers. There are nine in that group so I had to count several times to be sure she wasn't there, especially as three of them are very similiarly coloured harlequins, and there are...
  16. doorkeeper

Hopper Haven Spring Fayre Sunday March 29th

from noon until 4pm. Meet the 150 rabbits and 60 guinea pigs in our care, get ideas for housing, buy healthy treats for your rabbits and piggies, refreshments for yourselves and chat to other rabbit and piggie mad people all while supporting the work done by Hopper Haven. Hopper Haven 557...
  17. doorkeeper

Bramble

Bramble, the gorgeous bun in our logo, quietly left us on Saturday. He went surrounded by his 5 companions, peacefully, after a long and full life. We miss you Bramble, run free old man, we won't forget you.
  18. doorkeeper

Orchid and Sam

The rabbit year has not begun well at all. Poor Orchid was put to sleep as the enormous inoperable lump on her neck combined with her worsening snuffles, arthritic paws and the bitter cold meant that her quality of life had deteriorated too far. She has passed beyond suffering but leaves her...
  19. doorkeeper

Hopper Haven's 2008

2008 was a hectic year for Hopper Haven. At one point we had 175 rabbits here and 91 guinea pigs:shock: There has been little time for anything except rabbits and guinea pigs in my life. But there is nothing I would rather be doing than helping these so often abused creatures live the lives...
  20. doorkeeper

Prolapsed rectums

I had a litter of babies come in a month ago in which one had a prolapsed rectum. With pain relief and bathing in salt water I was able to get it back in and she was alright for a few weeks although in the meantime it happened to another of the litter. The vet put hers back in and suggested a...
Back