• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Back again! With new addition...

Hello all :wave: I joined here a few years ago when I had my buns Flo and Tubsy. Unfortunately they both passed in the last few years. Told myself I would never get rabbits again...obviously that didn't last long! I'm currently fostering a little baby bunny. Here is when I got him at 10 days...
  2. F

Rabbit Boarding - Hampshire

Anyone know of any good rabbit boarding in Hampshire, preferably Southampton/Winchester area? TIA! x
  3. F

Bunnies have destroyed garden - help!

Me and my OH have moved in together for the first time, and of course bunnies have come with us! We've been in the house about 2 months now, and the garden has been completely destroyed :shock: Flo and Tubsy have eaten all the grass down to the ground, their wee has made grass-less patches and...
  4. F

Rabbit savvy vet - Hampshire

Hi all :wave: I'm moving to Hampshire at the end of July and trying to find a nearby rabbit savvy vet. Will be Romsey/Winchester/Southampton area. Any recommendations appreciated! TIA! x
  5. F

Toileting in bed!

So since I've moved Flo and Tubsy onto concrete (due to fox visits) they no longer toilet outside - at all! On the grass they nearly always did it outside! Just means now I'm cleaning their bed section out a lot. How can I encourage them to toilet outside? They have a litter tray in the run and...
  6. F

Fox trying to dig into run - help!!

So recently I've had a fox in the garden on a few occasions over the past 2 weeks. I had to chase it out the other day, difficult considering it was not scared of me! I've tried to physically discourage it by making sure the gates are closed/locked and can't be pushed open. But this morning on...
  7. F

2 weeks since dental - dribbling again!

Hi all, Flo has been having dentals every couple of months as she keeps dribbling and getting spurs on her back teeth. However it's only been 2 weeks since her last dental and she's already dribbling again. I don't know what do, should I just get her checked up? She's eating/drinking/ pooing...
  8. F

Dentistry & Insurance claiming

Hi all, I'm with petplan for Flo and Tubsy. Flo had a dental June last year as she wasn't eating well and petplan paid out for it classing it as a gastrointestinal/stasis problem. She has had two dentals since, one in December where she had an ulcerated tongue and one this week. Petplan have...
  9. F

Losing weight & regular dental work

Hello all! So little Flo has got me worried (again!). So she has been losing weight and now at about 2.1kgs, she should be more like 2.4kgs. The vet said to increase her pellets which I have done (massively!), been eating them well still pooing normally etc. I've also been feeding her and Tubsy...
  10. F

Rats living in garden!

Hi all, I have found that there are rats living in my compost bin! (Of which they have dug out half the compost :roll:) There aren't any food sources in our garden, we don't feed birds and they can't get in the rabbit hutch or run to access rabbit food. So are they a danger to rabbits in terms...
  11. F

Failure to gain weight - worms?

Hi all, Flo is fairly healthy now and her breathing seems ok again. However she is failing to gain weight! She is a little on the thin side, at about 2.1kgs but she used to be in the 2.3-2.5kgs range. I've been feeding her a teaspoon of oats daily but still no weight gain. I found a little...
  12. F

Is it bad that...

...I love my rabbits slightly more than my boyfriend?! Especially Flo she's my baby :oops:
  13. F

Echinacea for Flo's breathing difficulties?

Where can I source some? I read an article by John Chitty who has had chronic cases and it had apparent benefit. I'm willing to try almost anything to help with her breathing! Antibiotics help then after a while without them her breathing becomes bad again. I'm also considering nebulising her...
  14. F

Resp problems again with Flo

It's all happening again! Last January she lost weight then had pneumonia treated from February to April. Now she is loosing weight again and her respiratory effort is increased. She's fine in herself, eating well and attempting to jump out the run at feeding time! I'm worried now about keeping...
  15. F

How to protect hutch roof?

Wondering how everyone protects their hutches roof? I used tarpaulin but the roof on mine has started to concave in so I'm having to buy a new hutch! Don't want the same thing to happen!
  16. F

Moving house & taking 10ft run...

I'm moving into a different rented house with Flo and Tubs, and taking the 10 x 6.5 ft run with! Anyone else done this, would it be easier to dismantle or hire a very large van?! :lol:
  17. F

AmazonPets competition!

If anyone could vote for Flo or Tubsy...would be much appreciated ;) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209774429543754&set=o.136154403098698&type=3&theater Or find them on instagram (my user is victoriastearman) Or enter yourself!! :love: xxx
  18. F

Flo panting?

So Flo is still undergoing treatment for pneumonia. Today it is really hot (near 25 Celsius) and she is flopped down chilling but she is panting. She has a slightly higher resp rate anyway but it is clear she is panting. She is in the shade and I just put a water bottle in the freezer. Much...
  19. F

Tubsy is still tubsy!!

Weighed Tubsy today and he is 2.4kgs (he was 2.6kgs in December). Trying to get him down to to 2.2kgs currently, any good ways of doing this? I'll cut down pellets, but should I cut down greens? I know he'll just end up stealing Flos so might have to sit with them every time I feed :roll:
  20. F

Flo still has pneumonia...

Just had an appointment at the vets, Flo still has tiny patches of abnormal lung sounds! So another 4 weeks of ABs and nebulisation :( It's just so stressful. Flo absolutely hates it and has starting avoiding me and thumping at me! She gives me the right run around. Just want her to be better now!!
Back