• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Back again! With new addition...

She is very much a lionhead! Her mum was apparently a mini lop so maybe (and hopefully!) the lop stays hidden haha. Her ears are now huge but very much upright on her head. I don't think I can part with her now :love: I'm currently on the search of rabbit housing as she is currently in a...
  2. F

Well it now seems Pancakes is actually a girl! So Princess Pancakes it is :lol: I was told she was a mini lop...the fluffiest un-lopiest mini lop I've ever seen - I suspect she is a lionhead !!
  3. F

Hello all :wave: I joined here a few years ago when I had my buns Flo and Tubsy. Unfortunately they both passed in the last few years. Told myself I would never get rabbits again...obviously that didn't last long! I'm currently fostering a little baby bunny. Here is when I got him at 10 days...
  4. F

Rabbit Boarding - Hampshire

Anyone know of any good rabbit boarding in Hampshire, preferably Southampton/Winchester area? TIA! x
  5. F

Designing New Hutch as a Product Design Student, Questionnaire

[/I]How many Rabbits do you currently own?[/I] 2 [/I]How long have you owned your rabbit/rabbits for?[/I] 4 years [/I]Do you own a Hutch for your rabbit/s? If yes, what kind of Hutch and what is the estimated size?[/I] Yes, wooden 'Welfare Hutch Company' - 6ft x 3ft x 3ft [/I]Have you ever...
  6. F

Bunnies have destroyed garden - help!

Thanks all for your replies! Even if the hutch did not sit on the patio the run would not fit. Maybe I'll get some slabs for their toileting areas to make it easier to clean, but I suppose I'll just leave the rest! They do love having a good dig :lol: I'll leave them to it!! And no, the pic is...
  7. F

Bunnies have destroyed garden - help!

Me and my OH have moved in together for the first time, and of course bunnies have come with us! We've been in the house about 2 months now, and the garden has been completely destroyed :shock: Flo and Tubsy have eaten all the grass down to the ground, their wee has made grass-less patches and...
  8. F

Rabbit savvy vet - Hampshire

Hi all :wave: I'm moving to Hampshire at the end of July and trying to find a nearby rabbit savvy vet. Will be Romsey/Winchester/Southampton area. Any recommendations appreciated! TIA! x
  9. F

Can you buy Sub Q fluids online ? ?

I would get a prescription from your vet, fluids are a prescribed drug. Would help make sure you purchase the correct ones, as there are many different types of fluids and some may be contraindicated x
  10. F

Would you have your Doe spayed? The discussion continues .. 26 May 2017

I would personally disagree with this...my Flo was nice enough prior to her spay, would let me give her head rubs etc...but she would lunge at me if I was in the hutch and bite people who weren't me. Since spaying she is possibly the loveliest rabbit on earth, hasn't lunged or bitten since. I...
  11. F

Anyone experienced Rabbit snotty nose and weight loss?

When Flo had pneumonia she lost a lot of weight. She sneezed a lot, but no nasal discharge, and had increased respiratory rate/effort. Since it's been quite difficult to get the weight back on, she is slowly getting there, I fed (under guidance of my vet) double the amount of pellets and also a...
  12. F

Would you have your Doe spayed? The discussion continues .. 26 May 2017

I just personally cannot see a reason not to spay a doe, or dogs/cats for that matter! Anaesthetic risk isn't that high, particularly if you go to a rabbit savvy vet. The benefits are overwhelming IMO, reduction of cancer risk and changes in behaviour being the main ones! I was (of course) an...
  13. F

Diet advice for a tubby bunny

It might take a long time to shift that weight off. When I rescued Tubsy he was a hefty 2.7kgs, took us a year to get him down to his current, much slimmer, 2.4kgs! I kept pellets to approx 1 egg cup a day, handful of fresh greens, absolutely no treats whatsoever and lots of fresh hay and grass...
  14. F

Male appears to have Dewlap

Tubsy has a dewlap, he is 3 but has been overweight since he was born I think so that' s probably why :lol: In your photo it's quite big, I would get it checked out, may be a doe x
  15. F

What's the age of the oldest bunny you have / had?

We had a family bun called Bo, lived until he was 12! Got him from a Focus DIY store, fed him muesli diet and whole carrots :lol: my my how we know different now. I think his secret to old age was lots of grass, exercise and TLC :love:
  16. F

Humping

Humping is usually a dominance display. Shouldn't be a problem if Teddy doesn't mind and they don't start fighting. I used to have a trio of two males and a female, the female would hump the boys to show she was the boss! They didn't mind so no problems. My pair at the moment are male and...
  17. F

Toileting in bed!

So since I've moved Flo and Tubsy onto concrete (due to fox visits) they no longer toilet outside - at all! On the grass they nearly always did it outside! Just means now I'm cleaning their bed section out a lot. How can I encourage them to toilet outside? They have a litter tray in the run and...
  18. F

Runaround vs *new style* Welfare Hutches Connector Kits

I have the welfare hutch connector as I got my hutch and run from them! Would definitely recommend them!! The connector plates are nice and solid, I had the previous wooden ones too but the plastic ones have a bit more 'wear and tear'.
  19. F

Pet safe paint?

I use the cuprinol too. In seagrass green - looks amazing!
  20. F

Fox trying to dig into run - help!!

Oh no such a shame :( The main thing is that they are safe! Mine can't live indoors (rented accommodation, also think Tubsy would hate it). Luckily foxes have never been a problem where I live, until now. It hasn't reappeared that I know of since I've moved the rabbits onto concrete. It's...
Back