• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Family_Moose

American Timothy Hay

Have discovered this week that the girls seem to have a taste for the finer things in life, mainly American Timothy Hay! I'm not complaining as they've eaten so much hay that we have very golden poops! I bought a bag (1.2kg) from The Hay Experts which cost me £6.49 and I suspect between the two...
  2. Family_Moose

There are treats you say? In the hay?

Whilst I was giving the girls hutch a clean out I gave them a little something to distract them. It took Toffee a little while to realise what her sister was up to but she soon caught up. I smell something nice..... Share? Colour changing Bunnies.... Relaxing after a bit of fun
  3. Family_Moose

The girls are definately not 'House' bunnies!

Since we put the aviary panels up we haven't completed the area to our 'plans' so we have been reluctant to let the girls out unattended, Sugar is a fan of jumping onto the roof of the run and currently could jump into the garden if she tried hard enough to remove the temporary barrier. We...
  4. Family_Moose

Scab after combined myxi/vhd injection?

The girls had their injections 2 weeks ago, so obvious signs of anything worrying them afterwards, still nomming hay & greens as usual. Today I noticed a funny patch of fur on Sugars' back, she's a white rabbit and at a glance it looked as if she'd been dripped on by the water bottle. When I...
  5. Family_Moose

Enrichment ideas/reccomendations for run!

A week or so after we moved we ordered some aviary panels for the girls, they arrived last week and are now in place! The girls now have an area that is 9ftx15ft of patio as well as their hutch and run, currently they are restricted to being in the huge space when we're at home as it's not...
  6. Family_Moose

New Vets!

When we knew we were due to move we looked into Rabbit Savy vets for our new area, thankfully there was one on the list 20 minutes from our new house, the website for the practice was fantatsic giving lots of information about all the staff, including the named 'Rabbit' vet. On Wednesday we...
  7. Family_Moose

Apple Branch + 2 Rabbits = Much Nommage!

The house we have recently moved into has the branches of a Horse Chestnut tree hanging into it and an apple tree!! Today hubby cut off one of the branches with leaves on somwe gave it to the girls.......the leaves were am instant hit and when we got back from an afternoon out all that was left...
  8. Family_Moose

Expansion!!

Eeeks!! Mr Moose has always been hesitant when it's come to expansion for the girls! In lur last house they had free range of our garden more than I would have liked but space meant it was the best way for them to have space more than their hutch/run combo would allow! Tonight we have ordered...
  9. Family_Moose

200 miles and 2 'holidays' later.....

.......now settling into a new home! The girls have done us proud!! Last Saturday the girls tested out their puppy crate on part one of their epic journey, the 10 minute drive to holiday destination number one (Pear Tree Farm). As always they behaved themselves for Carol and her family...
  10. Family_Moose

Happy "Birthday" Sugar Lump & Toffee Squeak

When we first saw the girls we knew they were about 2/3 weeks old, so we guesstimated a date for their "birthday", today!! Happy Birthday Girls! This is a very rare sight to see, so I had to run to get the camera and hope they stayed put, which they did for long enough!! A huge hay order is...
  11. Family_Moose

Too much straw?

Do the girls have too much straw or is it just getting too warm for them to have so much straw in their 'bedroom'? Apart from the depths of winter when Sugar was alone in the hutch I've seen very little evidence of the girls actually sleeping in their straw filled bedroom part of the hutch. As...
  12. Family_Moose

Sleep well Thistle. (Cat)

A few hours ago I had the phonecall from my mum that I've been expecting/dreading for a while now. Her and my step dad had made the heartbreaking decision to help my cat over Rainbow Bridge! Thistle was about 21 years old, and in the last year she had deteriorated quite significantly, was...
  13. Family_Moose

Caught in the act!!

As you may know I'm still very nervous about the rebond of the girls. Although Sugar is definately the more dominant of them it's more often than not her who I see grooming her sister! I went out this morning with breakfast and caught Sugar in the very obvious position of being groomed by...
  14. Family_Moose

Chasing in play or something else?

The girls have been back together for 3 weeks and a little bit, so I'm still in very nervous mode if I see things out of the ordinary! We've seen the occasional attempt from Sugar to mount Toffee, which Toffee just hops away from and Sugar carries on as if nothing has happened (much better than...
  15. Family_Moose

A question for boarders or people who use them.

As have posted previously we're looking at boarding the girls when we move house in July! One of the places we have found has a hutch available which is 6ftx2ft no run attached. I know the hutch size is the minimum size but I'm worried this isn't going to be enough for our girls as I can't be...
  16. Family_Moose

Bunny Boarding Salisbury Area

We're moving house in July from Lincolnshire to near Salisbury! We're looking at boarding the girls for 2 weeks as hubby is going down for a week at work 10 days before we actually move! Does anyone know of any good boarding places or even any to avoid? I've seen a few online but living 3 1/2...
  17. Family_Moose

Attempt number 3! Another update - p.9

After 2 previous attempts here we are again! The girls hve spent a few days on 'holiday' living side by side in an old stable (separated by wood) whilst we went to see family! We brought them home and started again in the bath for a few hours, they've now graduated to the bathroom! There have...
  18. Family_Moose

Rabbit savvy vet!

Have just had an email from rwaf with a list of rabbit savvy vets for the area we're about to move to! There is one about a 20 minute drive from our new house, I'd already look at their website but not paid much attention to the main vet for the small animal department but had a look tonight and...
  19. Family_Moose

Getting to the end of my tether with trying to re-bond! - Possible update p.14

The title says it all, time isn't on my side, location isn't on my side and now that we've moved outside from the Bathroom all the closeness seems to have gone! They either ignore each other or Sugar is monting Toffee! I seriously need someone to rebond them for me but there appears to be...
  20. Family_Moose

Bonders near Lincoln

We seem to be having limited success with rebonding Sugar & Toffee but with work etc being able to dedicate the time really required is proving really difficult! As they're outside bunnies the next step from the Bathroom is the garden but I'm worried that it's not neutral territory and this was...
Back