• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. D

Dylan and his new Lady (who needs a name!)

Dylan, who lost his partner Daisy just over a month ago now has a new lady in his life. Thanks to HoneyBunnies this beautiful young lady is waiting to be his partner. She was called Darcey but i'm not keen on it so been trying to think of a new name for her. She is very fast so i did think...
  2. D

Bloat :(

Last weekend Dylan (my lionhead) was really poorly.. i found him almost collapsed sunday morning, tried to syringe some water/food into him but no luck.. got him outside to try and encourage him to run about and possibly nibble on grass but he just fell over sideways. Took him to vets and got...
  3. D

Nala

Nala collapsed last night and passed away, dont know whether it was a stroke or something else but at 10yrs old there was nothing anyone could have done for her. I got Nala when she was 2.5yrs old to be a friend for Simba and they immediately fell in love with each other, so happy and cuddled...
  4. D

Nala, Dylan & Daisy (previously Romeo and Juliet Honeybunnies)

Heres a few photos of my new pair and Nala enjoying some time in the garden. Dylan saying hello to Nala Daisy prefers the grass the other side of the run Dylan Daisy Daisy and Nala Dylan and Daisy
  5. D

Nala's new friends - All bonded and happy :) photos added

After the sad loss of Simba, Nala looked so sad on her own so i started looking for some new friends for her.. as she is so old now i felt it better to get a young pair and enquired after Romeo and Juliet from Honeybunnies rescue! Thanks to some very kind forum members they arrived here...
  6. D

Simba xx

Simba went to sleep yesterday aged 10yrs old.. he was such a loving rabbit.. I got him from the New Forest Show 10yrs ago when he was about 3months old.. he was just a little ball of white fluff... He gained his girlfriend, Nala a couple of years later and they adored each other. Simba had...
  7. D

10yr old rabbit suddenly weeing everywhere

My little Simba is now 10yrs old.. he has always been a very clean rabbit and usually did most of his poos wees in his trays and ate lots of hay/dried grass. Suddenly he appears to not be eating so much hay/grass and his poos a smaller and he is weeing everywhere.... don't think Nala is doing...
  8. D

Rabbit Boarding - Norfolk/Suffolk area

Looking for someone to board my two rabbits in July. I live in Norwich but can get to yarmouth/lowestoft area easily enough
  9. D

Shed Heating

brilliant.. thanks for the replies. My two are also over 8yrs old so also getting old and are both small/slim bunnies too.. although they do have very thick fluffy coats they are like it all year round (and Nala just moulted heavily last week!) Will sort it out asap in case the snow really does...
  10. D

Simba still has a poorly eye

Simba's right eye appeared sticky with some white discharge and wet fur severa weeks ago now.. he also had a crusty nose at the same time. He went to the vets, had his tearduct flushed - they found only a couple of tiny bits of white goo in that, he had a week of fucithalmic eye ointment and a...
  11. D

Has anyone tried Dust Free Plastic Hay

Just going to order some hay for my buns, wondering if anyone has tried the Plastic packed hay that DFH sell? Seems quite good value
  12. D

Simba has a sore nose u/d its an infection

Simba had a bit of a runny eye this morning so i brought him indoors and cleaned it with some water and cotton wool pad, just a bit of white in his eye, otherwise it looks ok, looks like he'd go some of his fuzz in his eye which happens sometimes. Anyway whilst i was sorting him out i noticed...
  13. D

My little Fifi

omg this is sooo hard to write :cry: Fifi, You came into my heart just 41/2yrs ago now, Cheryl showed you to me when i went round and i just knew you had to join our little family. Simba and Nala immediately adored you and the three of you got on so well i was really happy. You have always been...
  14. D

Fifi is poorly! u/d She's gone :(

Came home this afternoon to find little Fifi sat on a piece of vetbed with her head in the air and looked to be struggling to breathe. Took her to the vets straight away. She's had chest x-rays and an injection.Vet said its pneumonia possibly caused by pasturella. She's going back in the next...
  15. D

Moving Simba,Nala and Fifi Outside with Pics

Well finally i have a sunny day to finish the move.... they are currently running about in the garden whilst i clean all their trays and set them all up again in their new home outside :shock: Hoping they will like it...i'll post some photos when they are fully installed later ;)
  16. D

Eye Injury

Last night i was grooming Nala and whilst trimming the fur around her eyes i discovered she had a piece of hay in one. I removed it and cleaned her eye with boiled water. I have just been to check her again and her eye is clean, open, fur isnt wet or anything but i can still see a spot on her...
  17. D

Puzzled about Shed Windows

Ok i'm still trying to figure out how we mesh the shed windows but still be able to open them. Any solutions would be gratefully received!!! :D Also.. what sort of mesh should i use?
  18. D

Bunny's new home is now built...

After finding out i was pregnant i had to start planning for bunnies to move out as they are currently in my spare bedroom which im going to need for baby. So.. they now have a 9'x6' shed with opening windows.. hubby built it at the weekend, now just got to sort the inside and figure out how to...
  19. D

how do you mesh shed windows that open?

Will be getting my shed up in the next few weeks which im really excited about, but also nervous!! The shed has two glass opening windows at the front which will be good for the summer but how do you mesh them so that nothing can get in the windows, but still be able to open and close them?
  20. D

Simba, Nala and Fifi Binkying and Resting

Here are a few photos i took last time I took the fluffies in the garden. Simba and Fifi often binky around the garden so i took loads of pics until I got some clear ones.. unfortunately ive never ever seen Nala binky, she mainly eats and sleeps in the garden... wish i could teach her to...
Back