• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. LurcherGirl

How long between metacam and anabolic steroids?

My bunny has been on metacam for just a few days, but now want to switch to anabolic steroids. How long should the gap be between finishing the metacam and starting the steroid to avoid any problems? I want to start the steroids as soon as possible so his appetite can pick up, but of course I...
  2. LurcherGirl

Teeth worn down - literally

My rabbit Tommy, which is at least 8 years old, has been struggling with his breathing when resting and has in the past had a dental abscess which he managed to overcome with the help of streptacare. When my vet checked his teeth today, he said that his back molars are worn down completely, one...
  3. LurcherGirl

Hay in West/South West London area

I am usually in the Richmond area on Sundays and am wondering whether there is a farm/horse feed shop in the area somewhere where I could get a bale of hay for my bunsters? I usually get my stuff from Chislehurst in Kent, but it's a bit tricky for me to get there at the moment. Vera
  4. LurcherGirl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Benji! 11 years old.

I can't believe how the time flies and I can't believe that my bestest bunny is already 11 years old today! He is the most gentle, friendly and best tempered bunny ever. A very special little man! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old boy! To many more years together. This picture was taken when he was about...
  5. LurcherGirl

RIVER: 18th March 2007 - 27th July 2009

I am in shock! I lost my most beautiful and special bunny last night. River choked on some pellets, I tried everything to save him, then called the emergency vet (South London Emergency Clinic) which didn't answer. After calling them twice without success, we decided to just rush down there, but...
  6. LurcherGirl

Glucosamine

Yesterday, I have for the first time noticed that my 10 1/2 year old bunny is slightly stiff on one of his backlegs. I would like to try glucosamine to help him, but what type do I give a rabbit? Does anyone use glucosamine for their rabbits and if so, what kind? It obviously would have to be a...
  7. LurcherGirl

Charlie, my brave little girl! UPDATE 28/07/2009 - she has gone to Rainbow Bridge now

Charlie is my 8 1/2 year old lionhead girl. She is my very first rescue rabbit that I adopted 7 years ago, so she is super special to me. About 3 months ago, she went completely blind within days. 2 months ago, Charlie had a very severe lung infection. It was touch and go. She was on...
  8. LurcherGirl

Happy 8th Birthday, Charlie!

I am so pleased and very lucky that in addition to my oldest bunny Benji, who was 10 last month, I have another oldie that is doing fab! In fact, Charlie - my black/white lionhead - was my very first rescue rabbit after I had four bunnies from a pet shop! She was the first of many... (and I...
  9. LurcherGirl

Benji Is 10 Years Old!

My beautiful little boy Benji is 10 years old this month! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe it is already a decade since we got Benji... We got him after my very first bunny died after just three days of being with us. I was very much in two minds whether we should get him or not at that time...
  10. LurcherGirl

Treatment for cancer

I have just talked to my vet about the lab results regarding a lump that was removed from my rabbit Sunny last Monday. Sadly, the results aren't good news... it is an carcinoma of undetermined origin (it is under his chin/by his throat). It is according to my vet the worst possible type of...
  11. LurcherGirl

Angel 6/12/2003 - 11/09/2007

Your passing is so unexpected and I can only assume that God needed yet another Angel (literally) to help him out with various tasks up in bunny heaven! I will miss you so much, Angel. You were a very special bunny. Being a wild rabbit cross with very much the wild rabbit temperament, you never...
  12. LurcherGirl

Respiratory problems

I am asking for a friend here, who sent me the following email... Had yellow discharge from nose and refused to move at all. very quiet and unhappy. Diagnoised with Pneumonia by emergency vet on 17th August 2007 given antibotics for 10 days and 3 injections Was told to keep her inside and...
  13. LurcherGirl

Pippa

You were my oldest girl, Pippa. You were never a people rabbit really, you would never be aggressive, but just preferred your bunny husband's company to us! I never had a problem with that. You showed me how much you loved me when we were at the vet's as you always jumped into my arms for...
  14. LurcherGirl

Just because... Alaska and Angel

I took some pictures yesterday of my two bunnies Angel and Alaska. I thought you might enjoy them too. :D Here's Alaska, he is a one-year old lionhead And here's his girlie Angel, an almost four-year old wild rabbit cross And here they are together
  15. LurcherGirl

Pippa and Sunny: ear abscess operation! BAD NEWS 14/08/07

Both Pippa and Sunny have what we thought periaural abscesses, two each... these are abscesses that open up into the ear canal. They have been treated with having them flushed and cleaned daily and having penicillin injected over several weeks. This treatment has been done three times, each time...
  16. LurcherGirl

Spillers High Protein Pellets

I am wondering whether anyone else is using these. I got this bag as I was not able to get the Allen & Page ones that I normally get. They are lower in fibre than A & P, but I have found that they sorted the urine scald problem that one of my older rabbits has. Pippa has regularly had a wet bum...
  17. LurcherGirl

Fibreplex - where to buy cheapest?

Two of my bunnies are on fibreplex (pro/prebiotic) as they are on antibiotics. They both get 2ml a day as a maintenance dosage. I have so far purchased them from my vet, but it costs a bomb due to going through two syringes a week... :shock: I have found them a little cheaper on-line and was...
  18. LurcherGirl

Angel's at the dentist's...

I have never had dental problems in my rabbits during the eight years of keeping bunnies. The only case I had was my British Giant that had a genetic problem (uneven jaw) and needed dentals because of that. However, today, Angel had to go in for a dental as she stopped eating pellets and hay...
  19. LurcherGirl

Trystan is here...

We went to pick up my new baby bunny today from Val in Greenwich. He is one of the Continental Giant x French Lop litter. He is absolutely adorable and seems to settle in well... Have a look at those ears... no price for guessing which parent they are inherited from... :lol:
  20. LurcherGirl

Dakota - before and after pictures --- UPDATE: chiropractor

Dakota came into GBH rescue in a terrible state... very urine stained and extremely thin. This is what she looked like after a couple of weeks in rescue... still very quiet, scared and scruffy looking: About four weeks later, I adopted her. She had put on weight and looked better... but still...
Back