• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. LurcherGirl

Is There an Epidemic of 'Bought a Rabbit Last Week But Kid is Allergic so..........

Unfortunately this happens a lot with any animals. So much cheaper to buy a new one after the holidays than pay for boarding... :evil:
  2. LurcherGirl

How long between metacam and anabolic steroids?

My bunny is now in chronic renal failure and on Fortekor. This means of course he can't have metacam anymore. He eats on and off and has lost a lot of weight. He needs his teeth doing but we won't be able to do that until he has put on a bit more weight. It's to much of a high risk at the moment.
  3. LurcherGirl

Thanks Jane. It is anabolic steroids (it's in the title, but it seems that everyone is missing it ;) ). Many thanks for the link which I have read, but it doesn't give any info about the gap between Metacam and anabolic steroid either... unless I am reading it wrong. :(
  4. LurcherGirl

Thanks everyone. I had already talked to my vet and he has given me a time frame of one week - which seems a bit on the long side, but I am happy to stick to that. I was just wondering whether anyone has got any particular experience with bunnies as I can't find anything about it on the...
  5. LurcherGirl

My bunny has been on metacam for just a few days, but now want to switch to anabolic steroids. How long should the gap be between finishing the metacam and starting the steroid to avoid any problems? I want to start the steroids as soon as possible so his appetite can pick up, but of course I...
  6. LurcherGirl

Whats the oldest age your giant buns have lived to?

I lost two of my giant early (one British Giant and one French Lop x Conti), one at 2 years old from liver torsion, one at 1 from unknown causes. However, my French Lop lived to about 7 and my current one, Trystane (French Lop x Conti) is 6 and as fit as a fiddle and as mad as ever! :love:
  7. LurcherGirl

Kidney failure in rabbits?

Tommy has been diagnosed with kidney failure around three months ago and he is still eating his pellets very well. I guess it depends how much they like them. :)
  8. LurcherGirl

Tommy is on 1/8th of a tablet/a day. But he is quite light, I think around 1.6 kg.
  9. LurcherGirl

One of my bunnies is in kidney failure too. He has been on Fortekor for 3 months now and is doing really well on it. He has his down days, but overall he is happy, eating well and drinking much less. I just put the piece of tablet on a spoon and he eats it straight from there like a treat. :D...
  10. LurcherGirl

Allen and Page?

I always used Breeder & Grower for all my rabbits and they did well on it. I have only recently switched to Excel Mature now as I have only three rabbits left and they are all over 6 years old. A 20kg bag just lasts too long now for me and the pellets wouldn't keep fresh long enough, hence the...
  11. LurcherGirl

has anyone ever had a lateral wall resection/TECA op done on a rabbit.....

Two of my bunnies had it done after persistant ear abscesses. Unfortunately one died shortly after the op due to her age and general health I think. However, my other bunny did really well after it. He did however die after three months due to unrelated cancer, so I don't know what the long term...
  12. LurcherGirl

Bathing?

And me. The only time I bathe a bunny is if they are mucky or urine soaked.
  13. LurcherGirl

How many buns do you have?

I used to have up to 11 bunnies at any one time, all indoors. Now I only have three (all lost through natural losses, not rehomed) as I am due to move at some point soon, so didn't want to keep adding. I also don't have as much time anymore as I used to back then, so 3 is a good number for me...
  14. LurcherGirl

Microchipping rabbits

Mine aren't microchipped as they are house bunnies on a top floor, so very unlikely to ever escape out of the house. If I had garden bunnies, I would consider microchipping. Though I am not sure of how much use it would be as even if someone handed one in, would anyone actually even think of...
  15. LurcherGirl

Injecting rabbit antibiotic myself??

As I have to inject two of my rabbits daily, I do it at home. My vet provides me with a bottle of the meds, the syringes and needles and I do the rest.
  16. LurcherGirl

Hay For Pets

I've been getting their hay for a few months now and am very happy with it, as my bunnies love it. I have had all three varieties and they seem to like them all. Can definitely highly recommend.
  17. LurcherGirl

Science Selective Mature Rabbit Food

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to comment on the above quote. It was always thought that older animals needed less protein to help the kidneys. New research however shows that protein levels have no influence on the kidneys and only need to be dropped for an animal with advanced...
  18. LurcherGirl

So... tell me about wildies/wild crosses

I had a wild rabbit cross a few years ago called Angel. She was brilliant, but pretty much the temperament of a wild rabbit, I could never handle hear easily, she never bonded with me at all... though she bonded with one of my other (domestic) rabbits.
  19. LurcherGirl

insurance

I have just two insured with P@H and they are less than £10/month each. I know PetPlan are a bit more expensive, but that does seem excessive.
  20. LurcherGirl

Rabbit insurance- who are you with?

I've just injured two of mine with Pets@Home. I wanted to insure them with PetPlan, but they are too old so PP won't take them anymore.
Back