• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

What to do when 1 of a pair dies

I think it's too soon for you to be thinking things through clearly, you're still grieving (and Pepper is too)! Give it a little bit of time and then think through what is best for Pepper and you. I'm sure it feels very raw at the moment and you can't even think of looking at another bunny...
  2. N

Would you show Desmond to Lola or not?

Whenever possible, companion rabbits need to see the body so that they can accept what has happened. Sometimes it's not possible but whenever it can be done it should be done. I find it quite traumatic to have the body in the house and see the other rabbits nudging/grooming etc, but it makes a...
  3. N

Unpacking sawdust. Is there a quick way?

Try Megazorb - no unpacking probs and definitely safe for bunnies :D Your local farm shop should stock it or try on-line like the Hay Experts (they're big bags so shipping is expensive though!).
  4. N

unbelievable suggestion!!

I think she was actually trying to be nice... Most people don't understand and think they are ok to travel, she obviously really wants you to be there!
  5. N

Vets...does anyone know...

I am confused as to why you would *want* your animals registered with more than 1 vet, unless it is a consult. There are all sorts of complications which may lead to a lack of a full record for the animal, which is potentially dangerous.
  6. N

How many people have rabbits ages 5 or over?

My oldies: Ziggy is 5, black dwarf lop Percy is 6, he is a dutch x Rosie is 6 and a half, blue otter mini lop Jemima is 8, isabella dwarf lop Barney is 8 and a half, black dwarf lop Dudley we are not sure - at least older than 8, chinchilla dwarf lop All are rescue rabs, Zig and Barney have...
  7. N

Advice on sick special needs bun

Reduced appetite/slow guts suggest to me he is uncomfortable. Can your vet up his pain meds? My spinal probs bun is on high dose metacam and occasional calpol for the bad days (vet approved and given dosage), but it was suggested that we try an opioid pain med if he is consistently in pain...
  8. N

Bonding a Trio - A New Group

I think it depends on the situation, it can risk breaking the bond of the existing pair - especially if it is being done by someone inexperienced! Luckily Duchess has enough experience to know when it's getting risky and stop!
  9. N

Bonding a Trio - A New Group

Can't type due to having everything crossed!!!! :shock: :lol:
  10. N

Do you agree with mating straight after a litter?

I don't agree with mating. Full stop. There are 30,000 rabbits in rescues looking for homes. Why on earth would you want to add to the problem?
  11. N

Hello

*falls off chair* Welcome to the madness Jo!
  12. N

You know you have too many bunnies when....

OMG so true, all of these things have happened to me. When you can identify which of the rabbits a poo came from. When you put an otoscope on your birthday list...
  13. N

What is it with black lops....

LOL Barney is laid back... But Ziggy most definitely is not! He wants to take over the world. And does a good impression of a tasmanian devil when you try to handle him!
  14. N

should i

Yep, there is no evidence that the 9 day course works - the study gave 7 days, introduced EC, gave another 2 days then tested. So not realistically testing as to whether a 9 day course works. Panacur/Lapizole for 28 days MAY not reverse damage but will stop further damage as it gets rid of the...
  15. N

How on earth is anyone suppose to do this?

^^ What Raine said ^^
  16. N

3 year old thread, please excuse

^^ What Jane said ^^
  17. N

Are Citronella plants safe for bunnies?

Don't know about citronella, but lavendar and lemon balm are. I grow some outside my hutches and use it for treats too!
  18. N

Hibiscrub

A vet disinfectant like Trigene will kill EC and pretty much every other nasty if you follow the instructions. You can get it from most vet supply places like SPH.
  19. N

elderly bun question update on treatment

^^ what they said If arthritis is suspected then metacam will be benificial both as an anti-inflammatory and pain relief. Talk to your vet - if you are not confident that theya re doing everything they can then see someone else for a 2nd opinion. I always worried about being "unfaithful" to...
  20. N

Conscious dentals

P.S. my vet does sort out angles of occlusion etc during conscious - although lets me know if he thinks he has not been able to sort it as thoroughly as he would like so we can keep an eye on it.
Back