• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. HouseOfRabbit

Looking for an outdoor Snugglesafe routine suggestions for winter

Unfortunately last night I lost one of my bunnies due to stasis. This leaves his mate now as a currently solo outdoor bunny who will now be in need of Snugglesafe pods on a regular basis to help keep her warm starting from now. I will obviously be considering what to do for her going forwards...
  2. HouseOfRabbit

Ideas for replacing ramp in hutch

Took all my rabbits to the vet this week for vaccinations and a health check and found out that the other half of my pair, Logan, is now developing cataracts on top of Sylvester's cataracts being much more advanced. As this means that both of them are losing sight I'm in need of ideas for...
  3. HouseOfRabbit

Ideas for Training a Blind & Deaf Rabbit

Thought I'd ask the collective wisdom of RU for ideas on how to teach a bunny that is showing signs of hearing loss (observation based not vet diagnosed). Harley is 10 years old and also blind due to cataracts so using sight based cues that I want him to come to me or in for the evening isn't an...
  4. HouseOfRabbit

Sore Hocks

Kind of a mix of a health and housing thread. Just picked up my oldest bunny, Harley, today for a brush as he's currently moulting and it looks like he's got the start of sore hocks at the very tips of his heels. Obviously a visit to the vets is on the cards but I'd thought I'd ask if anyone...
  5. HouseOfRabbit

How long do the effects of Buprecare last for?

Currently have Harley (10 yr old male) in my hallway for monitoring after taking him to the vets for gut stasis about 2 hours ago. Has been given Buprecare on top of the usual medications (plus additional dispensed meds) but it's not something any of my rabbits have had before so thought I'd ask...
  6. HouseOfRabbit

Technique for putting eye drops in?

Had to take Sylvester to the vets yesterday and he's got a blocked and infected tear duct in his right eye. I'm having to put drops in three times a day but was wondering if anyone had tips for doing this single handed at all so the drops get to where they should be? He's a very small (1.55kg)...
  7. HouseOfRabbit

Pressure & Release - Adapting horse techniques for Rabbits?

Been doing some browsing on Tube and accidentally found a channel called Thinks Like a Horse a while back that talks about using pressure and release on horses in order to get them to do what you want by using horse language to communicate. Sounds kind of strange and not sure if this is the...
  8. HouseOfRabbit

Why is it.....

that my bunnies always seem to think that Friday night at 2am is a great time to go to the vets? Went out last night at 11.30pm to put them all to bed and Sylvester turned his nose up at his pellets; queue me groaning "no, not now!". Brought him inside to keep any eye on him, try to feed him...
  9. HouseOfRabbit

Science Selective 10kg bags on offer

For anyone who wants to stock up on Science Selective, I've just had a look on Notcutt's website and they're doing their regular offer of 10kg bags for half price again. http://www.notcutts.co.uk/science-selective-rabbit-food---10kg/small-animal-food/notcutts/fcp-product/17171
  10. HouseOfRabbit

Science Selective on offer - UD: Online as well!

Was at Notcutts today next to Tesco Solihull and they had 10kg of Science Selective on offer for half price for £11.42 instead of £22.99. Looking at their website I'd guess that it'll probably be on offer at their other outlets as well. Just thought I'd share just in case anyone near enough to...
  11. HouseOfRabbit

Connecting Runaround to an existing set up

Thought I might put this video up of my setup seeing as there have been some posts with questions about Runaround lately and thought this might give some ideas. Sorry about the shaky video btw.
  12. HouseOfRabbit

Need some advice on neutralizing territory

After the loss of Quinn in November, her partner Harley has been looking sad, wanting attention from me and was obviously in need of a friend so I took the decision this week to drop him and my other m/f pair, Sylvester and Logan, off on Thursday with Alice at Windwhistle Warren for bonding with...
  13. HouseOfRabbit

URGENT: Information needed on how long it takes stasis meds to work - Getting Worried

I took Quinn to the vets this afternoon for stasis at 1pm and she had Metacam, Emeprid, Ranitidine and Vetergesic injections at that time. She is lapping up a little water from time to time but has no interested in herbs or any other food yet and also isn't pooing or weeing. She's also just...
  14. HouseOfRabbit

Hello

Hi :wave: Thought it was about time I stopped lurking and joined to say thank you for all the useful posts, especially those about stasis, that I've read since I found RU. I've owned rabbits for a while and I currently have two m/f pairs; Harley & Quinn and Sylvester & Logan. Both pairs...
Back