• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Nic.

When to move out of bonding pen

Everything's gone very well actually thanks! Fingers crossed it stays the same. They've been in the pen 3 days now and no more agression at all, lots of grooming and lying next to eachother. I'm going to move the pen into my living room today in the exact same set up and can expand it from there...
  2. Nic.

Thanks everyone. I'll leave them where they are. The other pen will be in my living room but I won't move them until I think they're fully bonded..Maybe I can work out making it gradually bigger in my bedroom somehow. I'm only going to go to uni for the afternoon so they'll only be alone 4...
  3. Nic.

Hi everyone Currently bonding my 2 rabbits. It's been a bit of a bumpy road but i've managed to keep them in the same pen for 2 days now. There was some chasing/fur pulling briefly last night but I'm trying not to separate them. I do have to leave them alone today so I'm a bit worried but they...
  4. Nic.

Using a dog crate to bond?

Ah great, thanks so much for the advice. All bonding sessions have ended quite well so far so hopefully they'll start getting on properly soon! Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
  5. Nic.

No, there's only 2. Think that's my slipper haha. I separated them again over night as Mary started chasing Fred right as I was about to go to sleep but I'll put them back in the bonding pen today. Sure they'll get there eventually, I did see some progress as the day went on Sent from my Pixel...
  6. Nic.

yes space is neutral for both and yes it was my boy with stasis. Fully recovered now after a dental but they've both been unwell with infections, she just handled it alot better. Feel like it's very up and down so far today. My girl will attack my boy (chasing him/biting/fur pulling) and then be...
  7. Nic.

Persevering for now and it slow progress I think. Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
  8. Nic.

They ate some readigrass together. My girl is being quite territorial and will bite my boy if he tries to come to what she has decided is her side of the pen. Had to put in an extra water bowl as she wouldn't let him drink either. She pulled some fur from his nose and now he has a little bald...
  9. Nic.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I've started the bond in a pen in my bedroom. To start off with my boy (white) was obsessively grooming my girl but he doesn't do it on demand. She seems a bit annoyed by him and has bitten him (lightly) and tried to chase him away a couple of times. They're...
  10. Nic.

Thanks everyone. Now rethinking the dog crate idea because of the access issue. Didn't really consider that. If I use a pen instead would it be ok to take down their current set up and put a bonding pen up in its place? Or will that mean it's not neutral enough? I'd put matts down instead of the...
  11. Nic.

Hi I'm going to attempt bonding my rabbits together (male and female). Is it ok to use a large dog crate and leave them in it for a few days before adding a small pen? Eventually they'll be in a large pen and crate/free range depending on how destructive they prove to be haha. They're used to...
  12. Nic.

Signatures

I've saved it, I've changed it to JPEG. I've given up! Thanks for your help anyway, i'll figure it out eventually I'm sure haha
  13. Nic.

Very fussy bun won't eat pellets after long illness

Hi Thanks, mashing up the pellets to syringe is a good idea. I did that yesterday morning and he ate some mashed up pellets on his own over night so I may continue to do that once a day to convince him pellets are yummy. I'm only in a rush to get him better as I'm leaving on Sunday to travel...
  14. Nic.

Stasis for over a month :(

Fred's meds are all oral. He's on Ranitadine/zantac and Emeprid/metaclop which I think are the common ones. You might want to get some painkillers too such as metacam/loxicom as stasis is painful and so are tooth Spurs. Good luck! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  15. Nic.

Signatures

It's showing on imgur but not on the forum. When I click preview signature, nothing shows at all. The image I've uploaded is 500x100 so think it should be ok, maybe I'll change it to a jpg and give it another go (currently png). Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  16. Nic.

Signatures

I can now you've just linked to it but couldn't view the links before! Weird. Thank you. Tried uploading to imgur and it's just coming up blank when I paste it into the signature. Maybe it just needs some time to think about it/be approved. Thanks for your help. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using...
  17. Nic.

Signatures

How do I change the permissions to allow images in my signature? Mine says ' Can upload images for signature: No'. Also can't view the tutorial on how to upload images as it says I don't have access to that page.
  18. Nic.

Very fussy bun won't eat pellets after long illness

Hi everyone I originally had a thread about Fred not eating properly in the health board but I'm convinced he's 100% better at this point and is now just extremely fussy and I need help getting him back to his normal eating! Just a little background: Fred was diagnosed with an ear infection...
  19. Nic.

Ok, I will do, thanks! I've just registered with them so not 100% sure how much I trust them yet but they're the best I could find (also recommended by the RWAF) just my last vet was so good that I can't find anyone that compares so I'm in a constant state of panic that they've given me the...
  20. Nic.

I asked about other pain meds and the vet said to put the metacam dose back up which I did and he's back to eating everything but pellets again and seems his usual self. we've scheduled a dental for Friday as the vet seems sure he's just in pain from his teeth and doesn't want to risk him going...
Back