• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Rabbit chewing claws

Fair enough. No, she has normal hair, pretty sure the hocks are sore because she is putting too much weight on them instead of her toes. I have seen her sitting, shuffling and turning on her hocks with her feet in the air.
  2. C

Rabbit chewing claws

No, short haired, but not Rex. I assume she is a mixed up pet shop rabbit, so could be crossed with a rex I guess. Are they particularly prone to it?
  3. C

Rabbit chewing claws

Thanks, thats really helpful. We have her in an indoor cage at the moment as we have far too many other animals to allow free roaming, plus given the situation I would rather have more control of what she is in contact with. She is on blanket at the moment but will give her a thicker form of...
  4. C

Rabbit chewing claws

The toe chewing issue has apparently been going on for months so I doubt its a fracture as that would be well healed by now (maybe not well, but shouldn't still be painful)
  5. C

Rabbit chewing claws

I would assume the same, before we saw her we were wondering about allergies but her skin looks fine so I don't think its so likely. She is on metacam anyway as whether her toes are sore or not, the bumble foot certainly will be. She hasn't been yet with us (we only picked her up yesterday...
  6. C

Rabbit chewing claws

We have just taken on a rabbit for a friend as she has bumble foot (I work mainly with wildlife, particularly birds, so you may have a different name for it in rabbits, but essentially it is an infected pressure sore on the bottom of the foot.). The root of the problem however is that she is...
  7. C

trying to re-home a rescued rabbit but not getting any reply.

Hi, thank you. I did not realise the rehome site was separate to the forum, just assumed that the adds were transferred over. I have now listed him there. No picture yet but I will work on getting one up. He is not neutered and I assume not vaccinated either as would doubt someone irresponsible...
  8. C

trying to re-home a rescued rabbit but not getting any reply.

Hi, I do not keep rabbits, I have birds and reptiles, however a few months ago someone literally dumped a pair of rabbits in a cardboard box on my doorstep, the female being pregnant. I have since managed to re-home the mother and all the young however I am still left with the male. I do not...
Back