• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. dominoid

Muesli as a treat?

A well-meaning friend who doesn't have bunnies herself gave us a bag of Wagg museli for the buns. It seems a shame to see it go to waste so can we feed it as an occasional treat alongside their regular diet?
  2. dominoid

Hayforpets

Website seems to be down and the customer service number they list in their paypal account doesn't exist any more :( Don't suppose on the off chance anybody knows anyone related to the place do they? Are they still trading or will I have to order elsewhere?
  3. dominoid

Hierarchical change?

Can the "top bun" position change over time? In our house it always used to be Tifa presenting herself for grooming and Cloud complying but lately it seems to be the other way round more often, does this mean that he has taken over as head of the Warren? He's definitely been the braver of the...
  4. dominoid

Cuprinol Ducksback

Just bought some of this to do our fence with: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0036182RS/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item It says safe to use around plants and pets but I just want to check if anyone else has used it and has any feedback. Their run is next to the fence, about a foot across from it. Do...
  5. dominoid

Keeping confined buns cool

Cloud and Tifa are still confined to half a run while Cloud's leg heals up but I'm worried about the heat. I've shaded half the area with tarpaulin so they have shady spots and sunny ones and they have a cardboard box hidey hole to as well as a big bowl of water but is this enough? Before they...
  6. dominoid

Those with sheds - where do your buns sleep?

Moving from a hutch to a shed soon, but I'm not sure about how it's going to work for sleeping. I was thinking of getting one of those plastic dog beds for them (they'd probably chew a cushion type one to pieces) and filling it with hay, would that work? Or is it best to just give them loads of...
  7. dominoid

Bandage chewing

Cloud has managed to get his splint off once already, had it redressed at the vets yesterday and he's attacking the new one already! I've put some zinc oxide tape round the bits he's chewed but now he's just pulling that off. Is there anything I can do other than replacing bits twice a day? He...
  8. dominoid

Would this work as a hutch?

Seems like it's designed like a shed but lower. The buns have a welfare hutches run that's to be permaconnected so it wouldn't be their only space.
  9. dominoid

Free-roam in the rain?

Is it OK to let bunnies play in the rain? It's been raining all day pretty much and Tifa is still confined to half a run so I really want to get her some exercise but I worry about her getting wet. Would it be better to keep her in?
  10. dominoid

Can rabbits change colour?

Tifa seems to be growing some splodges of grey during her moult, is that normal? My cinnamon bun is acquiring sprinkles!
  11. dominoid

My little boy is getting better :)

Cloud had a post op checkup today after his operation to fix a broken leg on Saturday. The vets says he's doing really well and he's impressed how quickly he's back to being bright eyed and mischievous again, even with a giant splint and cast on :) Tifa has been a darling too while he's been...
  12. dominoid

Confining to hutch - both buns?

Cloud has been poorly and has had a leg operation so when he comes home tomorrow we need to confine him to the hutch for a couple of weeks while it heals. When he had his initial bandaging done prior to the op we had to do the same so we confined both him and his sister together as it was only 1...
  13. dominoid

Tifa got ear mites :(

This was what I saw this morning feeding her. She is a lot better now after a trip to the vet but I'm worried it must have been a while if it's that sore. The weather in the south west has been shocking the last few days so I've been out with them less and they've been in the hutch more but I...
  14. dominoid

Happy Xmas bunnies!

Cloud and Tifa are getting neutered on Xmas eve. They're not gonna be happy with us at all this Christmas but we might just have to give them presents early to make up! Really nervous that we have to have them cut open but it has to be done and our vets are generally great with bunnies. I guess...
  15. dominoid

Is it my turn yet?

I think you's clean enough now Cloud It's my turn for gwoooming Dad! He won't gwoom me. Tell him! Pweeeeaassse?
  16. dominoid

The best bits of hay...

Are right at the bottom, as Tifa is demonstrating to her brother!
  17. dominoid

Lumps on back, fur?

Tifa's acquired some strange lumps on her back. Stroking her they do seem to just be tufts of fur longer than the rest so is this her winter coat growing out or should I be concerned? You can see it pretty well in these photos:
  18. dominoid

Cat Lodge, suitable for buns?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0030J2B8W/ref=gb1h_tit_c-1_8827_198cc9e8?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0GHJ8QSEXP0HD667M0J6&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827 Spotted this in the black friday sale, would this be OK for the buns as a toy do you...
  19. dominoid

Rabbits vs Children

A few times now when I've mentioned that me and the Mrs have rabbits and they get spoilt people have given me that little "knowing" wink and said "you should have children". Why do people equate Furbabies with real ones? I'm actually quite happy with Rabbits; they're cheaper, cleaner and...
  20. dominoid

So much poo!

I get that healthy rabbits poo a lot so I'm glad to see that Cloud and Tifa's tummies are moving nicely with all the hay they eat. I'm a little worried about where they are pooling though; they seem to be going all over their run now, especially when the run has just been cleaned. It was...
Back