• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Ailstar

Rabbit Proofing in London when renting

So me and the BF are planning on a move to london hopefully within the next month/2 months. This was completely unplanned and happened due to an unexpected job offer. I never planned on moving to London but it was too good an opportunity to turn down. And now I am panicking about the rabbits. I...
  2. Ailstar

Do Petplan cover dentals?

Levi and Daisy have been insured with petplan since I got them. And today at the vets when they were having their vaccinations the vet looked at both their back teeth and can apparently see the very beginnings of Spurs on Daisy's teeth. Nothing to worry about yet, she is eating fine and has been...
  3. Ailstar

Bunny Safe Preservative for Run

Does anyone know a good bunny safe preservative? My dad is building the buns a new run and needs to know which preservative to buy. I'd rather have a clear one not a coloured paint one if that makes sense? Thanks :)
  4. Ailstar

Bunny Break-out!

So today, Levi and Daisy had a bit of unscheduled free-ranging time when their run literally blew over!!! Luckily my mum was at home and noticed what had happened and was able to run out and round them up. But honestly I am AMAZED that they didn't run off, they are right by a hedge at the top of...
  5. Ailstar

How much do your rabbits drink?

Levi and Daisy have been staying at my parents house for the last year after I moved out, I'm waiting for my dad to build a new run for them before they move to mine full time. However I have them at the moment as my parents are on holiday. They seem to not drink from the bottle in their run...
  6. Ailstar

Bunny safe wood preserver

My dad is making Levi and Daisy a bigger run. Does anyone know the best bunny safe wood preserver to use? I know about Cuprinol Garden Shades, but I would prefer a clear preserver just for ease of application so I don't need to be worried about getting it looking perfect! Thanks :)
  7. Ailstar

Levi and I won a 'pet selfie' competition :)

My vets run facebook competitions, and last month they ran one for the best 'pet selfie' so I decided to enter one of Levi and Daisy. (they insisted that they be called 'bunfies' though) As they refused to be in one together they had to have seperate entries. Taking a selfie with Levi and Daisy...
  8. Ailstar

My new Ryedale hutch has finally arrived!! :)

My custom build Ryedale hutch arrived today and it is absolutely amazing!! I love it!! I got it custom made so that the internal measurements are 6ft x 2.5ft x 2ft (high) and it is absolutely HUGE!!! I never really thought their 5ft double was small but this makes it look tiny! They are only...
  9. Ailstar

Deans Meadow Hay

I bought some of this to try, and when I first got it I didn't think it looked anything particularly special. But I kid you not, I have NEVER seen my bunnie's eat so much hay!!! They love the stuff!! They are doing huge golden poos and I am so pleased! However I'm not expecting it to last. I'm...
  10. Ailstar

Ryedale hutch??

Seriously thinking about upgrading to a ryedale hutch. I want it to be 6ft long and a double. But does anyone have any advice which one is the best? And which options to go for?
  11. Ailstar

What hay is good at the moment?

What hay is good at the moment, I think the bunnies are a bit bored of Ings (shock horror) so I was thinking I'd get them something else for a change. Is there any people would specifically recommend?
  12. Ailstar

New hutch questions

I'm possibly thinking about getting a new hutch for Levi and Daisy when I move so that their current one can stay at my parents for when they need to have 'sleepovers' (haha). Where would people recommend for good quality hutches that don't break the bank? The hutch will be kept in a shed so...
  13. Ailstar

Mineral stones?

Hi, I'm pretty sure that the mineral stones you can buy for rabbits in pet shops etc are unnecessary but my mum is convinced I should get one for my two she'd read in a magazine that they were good for then/wore teeth down...I said they wouldn't really wear their teeth and that hay will do that...
  14. Ailstar

Using Wood shavings in the litter trays.

What are people's feelings about using wood shavings in litter trays (just in the trays and always covered by a thick layer of hay) just because I did use a straw pellet mix which is much heavier and therefore costs a fortune in postage from where I order it online. And then I had one packet of...
  15. Ailstar

I just bought the best bunny brush!!

Following on from the moulting bunny thread I thought I'd share my discovery. Daisy in particular has been looking a bit scruffy lately (although both have been in a perma-moult state for ages) I could pull tufts of fluff out of her. I had tried brushing with my usual brush and tbh not much came...
  16. Ailstar

Hay Eating

Does anyone else find their buns go through phases where they eat more or less hay. The last few days Levi and Daisy seem to be nomming more hay and I have no idea why!!
  17. Ailstar

Lino for hutch floor

Right, I need to Lino the floor of hutch because the top layer of the wood floor has begun lifting up. Is there a specific type of Lino that's best to use? And what is the best way to stick it down?
  18. Ailstar

Article about VHD in Rabbiting On

I've just joined the RWAF and they sent me Rabbiting On today. I've just had a quick flick through so far but I saw an article about a new strain of VHD....had anyone else seen it and is it anything to be worried about? My two are going for their vaccs next week but they are only 1 so have only...
  19. Ailstar

Dear The Hay Experts....

Please stop selling such tasty forage!! I've just spent yet another £70 because you've expanded your range...rose petals, chicory root....birch bark...sunflower petals....the bunnies will be pleased...my bank account less so!
  20. Ailstar

Tired Bunnehs :)

I think Levi and Daisy are a bit tired out. We've all been in the garden all day making lots of noise, and I can only assume this has been most disturbing of afternoon nap time. Levi flopped out immediately as soon as he got on the bed and he's hardly moved since!!
Back