• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. moonturtle

Happy Gotcha Day Bojangles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One year ago today, I went to Felicia's apartment to take a little bunny home whom she had saved from an abusive owner. We saved each other Bojangles Baggins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. moonturtle

Bunny combing

Hi all. I read an article saying that you should not comb your rabbit. Bojangles is half lionhead and her fur gets matted in her stomach (we just had a hospital stay with this.) And she also has an eye condition that causes goop to build up in her fur under her eye. I bought a little dog and cat...
  3. moonturtle

Flying with rabbits

Hi all, Some things are happening here (won't go into details,) but I am thinking of leaving Korea for the States in March when this contract is over. Of course, Bojangles will be coming with me. My question is, has anyone ever flown with a rabbit before and if so, how traumatic is it on...
  4. moonturtle

Bojangles's love for Teddy

Hi all. I have another question. I have a teddy bear that was given to me by my grandmother the day I was born. I have never been without this bear and still make sure it is in my bed with me at age 35. This poor bear has been through hell and back and is a little worse for the wear. His fur is...
  5. moonturtle

Loving bunny

Ok, another bunny behavior question. Bojangles has always been a little aloof. She played and knew me, but she was never really a snuggler. Recently, she has been wanting to be near me. She wants up on the bed with me, she wants to play a lot, and she follows me everywhere. I am not complaining...
  6. moonturtle

Making Mom do work

I have to share this story, it made me laugh today. Bojangles was chewing at a patch of wallpaper. I walked over and chased her away, then I got a piece of cardboard to cover the spot up (she has been after this particular spot for some reason.) As I am cutting the tape to put up the cardboard...
  7. moonturtle

I am going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me. I am at my wit's end!!!!! I work all day and come home at night. Bojangles gets very active at night and I play with her a lot when I come home. She sleeps on and off in the evening then at night she goes nuts. I can deal with her running all over the place and chewing on her...
  8. moonturtle

Nipping

Bojangles is nipping me at times. Yesterday she was cuddling wirh me and she nipped my leg. Today, I had just finished cleaning her cage and was giving her fresh hay when she came up and nipped me. Why is she doing this?
  9. moonturtle

Bojangles and food

Bojangles is eating and pooping well; but, it seems she does not want to eat. Normally when I feed her breakfast or dinner, she runs over to her cage. Recently she has no interest in running over there. I put her by her food and she eats, but not as much. What is going on?
  10. moonturtle

Bunny music

Does anyone else's rabbit calm down when music is played? Bojangles is a true hippie and likes to listen to the old folk songs and she loves her namesake (Mr. Bojangles.) When she is upset, Baby Mine from Dumbo or Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera works every time to calm her down. Do...
  11. moonturtle

Looking for advice

Bojangles says, "Help me and my mom everyone." Bo has an eye condition that is normal in rabbits, I cannot remember what it is called. She had surgery to correct it so she would not go blind in her one eye and now has to get ointment in that eye and eye drops in both eyes to keep this from...
  12. moonturtle

Moody bunny please answer, very frustrated

OK, as I have stated Bojangles is going through her first big shed. She shed a little bit in the spring, but it wasn't that bad. She is losing hair like crazy now and she is having massive mood swings. She will be very cuddling one minute, to playful the next, to aggressive the next. What can I...
  13. moonturtle

Occasional unusual poo

Is it normal for a rabbit to have the occasional unusual poo (like a human with an upset tummy?) This morning, Bo had a unformed ceceo that stunk. She ate it after it came out, but it was runny, like the time she had diarrhea. She is eating her hay right now and seems to be acting normal...
  14. moonturtle

Bojangles misbehaving

Bojangles just threw her food bowl with pellets out of her cage, it is all over the floor. She has been throwing her bowl around, but when it is empty, why is she now throwing her full bowl out?
  15. moonturtle

Grumpy bunny

Bojangles has started her fall moult and is grumpy. How do you deal with a grumpy bunny?
  16. moonturtle

Has anyone else's rabbit ever done this?

This evening I was cuddling with Bojangles and she began to groom me as she does. She licks my forehead and "eats" my hair. Tonight, she began digging in my hair. I had to get her to stop because it hurt. Has any other bunnies ever done this?
  17. moonturtle

Bunny flops

Another question about Bojangles. I have seen videos of rabbits bunny flopping after a bout of running. Bo is not very active in general but when she lays beside me, she will flop and almost roll over. Is this normal and does it mean happiness?
  18. moonturtle

Diet time for Bojangles

Petting and loving Bojangles this morning, I thought she was looking a bit chunky so I looked up the average weight for a Dutch rabbit (we believe she is a cross between a lionhead and a mini Dutch.) She weight 5.996 pounds or 2.72 kilos. The website I saw said that Dutch's should weigh between...
  19. moonturtle

Bojanglesisms

OK, I feel like I should share some of Bojangles quirks to see if she is a normal bunny. She insists on peeing by the front door almost every morning (even though her litter box is right there and it is always in the same corner. She is very loving and likes to be snuggled on her terms (I know...
  20. moonturtle

Behavior change-Please answer quickly

Bo is acting a little strange tonight and it has me worried. She didn't eat much this morning, but she is eating and pooping, but she is acting a little more aggressive than usual and she does not want anything to do with me. This is very odd for her. Is it normal for rabbits to act like this...
Back