• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. DebbieC

Rabbit Savvy Vet in Essex - Near Wickford

I've just heard my usual vet at Orchid in Brentwood has left and is now too far away for us to get to. Does anyone have any recommendations for a vets fairly close to Wickford/Basildon in Essex? We have South Beech, does anyone have any experience with them these days? Thank you
  2. DebbieC

Are There Side Effects to the New Vaccine?

Hi guys, I just have a quick question. I have heard that the vaccine has slightly changed recently and I just wondered if any one has had any problems with their buns afterwards? Penny had her jab on Monday and on Friday she stopped pooping and was clearly in discomfort. We took her to the...
  3. DebbieC

Lump above eye

Hello I'm after some advice My bunny has got a red lump above one eye. He had it a few months ago and the vet said if it doesn't go down in a month bring him back to have it removed under anaesthetic as she didn't know what it was and is risky getting samples from it while he's awake because of...
  4. DebbieC

Bunny Has Un-Litter Trained Herself

Hi everyone, I need some advise... Just a quick background with Chloe as I'm not sure if it's related. She was a very shy rescue bunny and was quite jumpy and didn't like strokes or to explore much. Her & Olly have their own room as a base but have access to most of our flat. They have a cage...
  5. DebbieC

Please No Photos Mummy!

Took these pictures of Olly sleeping he was so cute. I could see his mouth twitching and his head was gradually dropping, then he'd jolt it slightly back up and then he'd drop again, just like humans do if they're nodding off on the sofa! Then he woke up and I got the grumpiest look...
  6. DebbieC

The Little Things...

We've had Chloe for about 3 months now, she's slowly settling in and for the first time last night I saw her flopped out on her side :D I'm so glad she's finally starting to feel comfortable and more relaxed now. All I'm waiting for now is a binky! I've seen lots from Olly since he's had his...
  7. DebbieC

Roooaarr!

Hehe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. DebbieC

Olly and Chloe in Love

Here's a few pics of my newly bonded pair. They've been home for just over a week now and all going well so far although she is quite shy and jumpy with us still. She does sometimes allow us to stroke her and give head rubs now though, so we have had progress. She has no problems eating from our...
  9. DebbieC

New Bun Not Eating Caecotrophs

Hi everybody, I wonder if anybody has any advice. I brought my new bunny Chloe home at the weekend after being at the rescue to be bonded with Olly. I've noticed some uneaten caecotrophs in their cage, I'm pretty sure they are hers as I've never had a problem with Olly regarding this, plus I...
  10. DebbieC

Some Pics of Olly

I've just realised that I've never actually posted any pics of my little bun. He's away being bonded at the moment, I miss the little man x Peekaboo I'm the king of the castle Haha Leave me alone mummy I is sleeping Nom nom Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. DebbieC

Olly is off being Bonded...

So we took Olly to the rescue Thursday to bond him with a lovely little girl, very gentle and good natured. I had an update email Friday night to let me know how they were getting on. All fine, Olly is eating like a horse (I was worried as he had stasis in August so they knew I was worried about...
  12. DebbieC

Can Bunnies Eat Runner Bean Leaves

I've tried doing a search on this but can't find any proper answers. A guy my husband works with has gave him some runner bean leaves for our bun that he grows in his garden as he said his buns used to love them. Just wondered if they're safe for him to eat as loving them and being good for...
  13. DebbieC

Poor Olly in Emergency Vets as not Eating

I'm so worried about Olly :cry: When I got in from work last night hubby was sitting with him and said something's not right he hasn't moved and he's not eating or drunk anything. He was just crouched and looked really sleepy, poor thing. Then he was kind of fidgeting like he was really...
  14. DebbieC

After neuter Advice..

So Olly went in yesterday for his neuter, all went well and he seemed ok, he still does seem ok in himself just a bit bored as he has to be left in his cage. However its been just over 24 hours now and he doesn't seem interested in his pellets, which he usually loves. He's eating small amounts...
  15. DebbieC

How to begin the Bonding Process - Conflicting Opinions!

Hi guys, I'm after some advice. I'm not going to be bonding just yet as Olly only goes to be neutered monday so we'll be looking for a wifey once he's ready. However I'm doing some research so i'm prepared when it happens but it's so confusing! Some people say to put them in separate cages for...
  16. DebbieC

Hello! First time bunny owner

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around here for a while reading up on bunny ownership but thought I should finally join up and introduce myself. My name's Deb. Me and hubby got our first bunny at the end of March. His name's Olly and he's a Dwaft Lop, he's a house bun and about 5 and a half...
Back