• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Amount of food for dwarf lionhead

Hi all, Just wondering how much food i can give my dwarf lionhead ? how much grass? he has hay in his tray so munches that plus the pellets in a bowl, but i am afraid to give anything else in case it upsets his tummy. His poos were black last week so stopped giving grass and rocket leaves but i...
  2. M

New rabbit, i have a few questions

disinfectant hi all, just wondering which disinfectant is safe to use? to clean out the cage?
  3. M

yes in a row, didn't realise they ate from their anus. I will cut out the grass and rocket leaves :D i had been given him a small handful of grass once a day.
  4. M

food More questions... We are feeding him grass, hay and rabbit pellets and some rocket leaves, we've noticed his poo has gone black ? and seems to be a mixture of runny or pellets, i know the pellets are his normal type but just not sure of the runny black type, is it the grass?
  5. M

Bedding for Lionhead

Thank you so much for your advice, i will check out my local pet stores for those products you mentioned :D ps your rabbits are beautiful :D:D
  6. M

Bedding for Lionhead

Hi there, thanks for your reply, he seems to love shredding paper as he is shredding his cardboard house we put in so not sure the newspaper would last ?? sorry meant to say saw dust type stuff not sure its wood ???:?
  7. M

Little update, he is not shy anymore and comes over to us now :D
  8. M

Bedding for Lionhead

hi all, just wondering what bedding to try for my Lionhead, is it true we cant use straw? we had wood chips but i find them very messy, he is indoor in a cage and he jumps around alot spraying them outside the cage so every morning when we come down we find a bit of a mess, my local pet store...
  9. M

Another question, for some reason now when I put my hand near him in the cage he jumps at it, giving me a fright :-(
  10. M

Ok so we left the cage open last night and he kept trying to come out but would go back in and when we went over to the cage he didn't hide so we are making progress :-)
  11. M

That all makes sense. We put a cardboard box in is cage with two doorways and he tends to sit on top of it, i am just fascinated with him :D was sitting beside the cage last night staring at him :love:
  12. M

Sounds good thanks a mill, we have dogs but rabbits seem to be totally different behaviour wise :D we have let him out into our kitchen a few times and he hops around a bit but then goes into a corner.
  13. M

Hi all, I am new to this forum and a new rabbit owner, we got an 8 week old lionhead dwarf rabbit a few days ago, he is a very active little thing :D, just wondering how we should start things off etc, basically he seems to very scared of us, we go to pet him and he runs, if you walk near his...
Back