• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Persie

Please please help me try to make a better diet plan for my bunny

Thank you for this insightful comment. I must admit I have heard others talk about their bunnies who flat out refuse to eat hay.. Persie wouldn't be that bad, he does nibble throughout the day but we never notice any difference in the size of the hay portion we give him so it must not be very...
  2. Persie

We have been doing well cutting down on his veg and he now only gets 1 bowl per day. He has a variety of 3 hay's and readigrass now also but we still only see him nibble here and there. I guess I have to accept he may never be a great hay eater. It's quite unusual watching him eat hay, he...
  3. Persie

That's a tough question - from Mon-Fri we are at work and I give him his fresh veg in the morning and by the time we get home it's gone so he gets more for dinner time but at weekends when we are off I do the same, morning veg but he doesn't eat it right away as he has full run of the house when...
  4. Persie

Hi everyone and thank you for taking the time to help me out :wave: I actually ordered the 9.5 Kilos bag of Ings from hayforpets and it was very reasonably priced at £20 delivered to N.I :D As a baby we only ever let him have Excel Herbage Timothy Hay as we were advised that it was ideal for...
  5. Persie

Thank you for your helpful reply :D He has no teeth problems, he was at the vets not so long ago & he is in perfect health, however that's expected as he is only a baby - he will be 1 in April. I want to keep him as healthy as possible and I know hay is vital for their teeth, digestion and so...
  6. Persie

Just as I posted that an idea came into my head... he loves dried herbs by Woodlands which we also give him daily as a treat and what I have done is put a fresh pile of hay on his mat and sprinkled the herbs on it... phew I would try anything to get him to eat more hay!
  7. Persie

I'm having worries about my buns diet! He is not a great hay eater nor has he ever been, always choosing fresh veg and nuggets over hay. He does nibble on hay but never seems to consume what he should :( I realise this could be our fault as we do seem to spoil him but I understand this isn't...
  8. Persie

Anyone got room for a beautiful neutered doe? Northern Ireland, Co. Antrim Ballyclare

I'm not sure if this is the right place or if I am even allowed to ask this but I had to help... Clare Vet Group, Ballyclare, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland has an urgent appeal to help find a new home for a beautiful doe who has been stuck in their exotic ward since October. This beautiful girl...
  9. Persie

Indoor bun, never been outside :?

Persie is an indoor bun, he is almost 9 months old now and has never been outdoors, barr the two times we took him to the vet and he was in his carrier. He is extremely gentle natured and frightened of unusual noises. If we have the back or front door open and he is about he freezes and just...
  10. Persie

Not sure what to do with the rabbits

Well everyone will have their own opinion on this but mine is that you are doing your best you can for your pets, you can't help your working hours & you work to provide them with what they need. If it was a single bun I would worry that they would be lonely but you seem to have a few so they...
  11. Persie

My rabbit understands me... do I sound crazy? :)

:wave: Persie definitely knows his name also :D it seems hard for "non-rabbit owners" to comprehend that rabbits are intelligent creatures. When I am asked on many occasion if he "poo's all over the house" and I reply no! nor has he ever, he has been trained to go in his cage (carefresh base)...
  12. Persie

Discribe your buns personalities..

Persie = Inspector Bunny :D he is always sniffing + investigating every thing in sight. I call him my little nosey parker! :lol: very very gentle natured, never bites & loves nothing more than strokes & kisses. He would happily sit for yonks + let you kiss his nose and forehead. Can be bossy...
  13. Persie

Aww thank you everyone :D :love: He is my little fluffy best friend :D I'm sitting in the living room typing this & I can hear his little feetsies out in the hallway... think it's time to go and give him smoochies :lol: if rabbits could speak I'm sure he would say "Yuck not this again lady...
  14. Persie

:lol: Thank you and yes he blends in with the carpet and wooden floor a little too well :lol:
  15. Persie

He is one smart little bun! He has full run of the house when we are at home (minus the living room - too many wires!) and when we are at work he is restricted to the kitchen which is bunny proof. He has a few favourite sleeping spots & the most popular being the top stair gazing down (it is...
  16. Persie

Got home to an escaped Timmy and an opened bar of dairy milk!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: this give me such a giggle. There is no watching them really :lol:
  17. Persie

Protexin Pro Fibre

Well I can see why it would be needed daily for as long as necessary if the rabbit has an icky tummy and needs digestive help but to give it to a healthy rabbit every day is not good. As long as they are eating a good diet and their poops look as they should be then there is no need for it...
  18. Persie

Is Pippin a mini lop or dwarf lop?

I have nothing to add, honestly I don't know if she is a mini or dwarf lop but all I can say is.. SHE IS SOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!! :love:
  19. Persie

Rabbit Savvy Vet needed in Northern Ireland - Belfast?

Hi there :wave: I must say I have read many great reviews about Cedarmount Vets in Bangor but unfortunately it is quite a far drive from us so we decided to try Clare Vet Group in Ballyclare, which I have also read many great reviews about, We have since had Persie there for his vaccinations...
  20. Persie

Christmas presents

Well its Persie's first Christmas so I just know Santa will spoil him ;) :love:
Back