• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Please help!

So my rabbit has never really liked timothy hay, he never seemed to eat any, so we switched him to Orchard Grass hay. To encourage him even more, we mixed in some greens with it. He really seemed to love this, and had fun foraging through, and we could see him eating some hay in the process, and...
  2. H

Baby bunny and old boy

I don't know a lot honestly about he young bun. I would guess maybe just gradually touching him more and more and if he's good maybe rewarding him with treats? Hopefully someone will have more to add soon. On the older bun, you'll prob have to use your instincts. If he is in a lot of pain, then...
  3. H

have decided on a happy hutch combo

Good luck! Sounds wonderful :)
  4. H

Not guilty

This is adorable :lol:
  5. H

Outdoor housing

I find often that I have to defend my reasoning for keeping my bun outdoors. Especially because I live in the US, where Not as many people keep their buns outdoors as I feel they do in the UK. A lot of people say that buns may feel neglected when kept outdoors, or that predators can come, and...
  6. H

sleep tight baby sootball .

May you have a beautiful crossing beautiful sootball xx
  7. H

A few questions about runs

That sounds great, I'll have to look into that.:thumb: what I'd love is one of those Runaround things, except, I live in the US and I can't find them anywhere on ebay or by american retailers. Everything good is from the uk. :lol: I wish I knew how to DIY something like that, but I can't find...
  8. H

Corrugated plastic might be good. The problem with my run is that it is just metal bars, no wood or anything so that I could screw it in to the hutch. :? I do plan to mesh over it but I'm not sure how to attach it to the hutch.
  9. H

Donny and Lola's new run.

Wow what lucky rabbits, I'm really jealous! That looks gorgeous!
  10. H

hay vs straw

I'd love to see the pictures as soon as you find the cable.:)
  11. H

Greens?

Thank you! Yes, I feed my rabbit mostly grass and stuff from my garden and he has free-range time in the garden every day. I give him a handful in the morning and the evening plus his free range time. So hopefully that is enough... If not I guess I will have to measure it now. :)
  12. H

Different hays?

That sounds great, I might try meadow hay! This is a little off topic but I have a guinea pig, too! Wuld the meadow hay be okay for her? And is meadow hay as fibrous as timothy? Or close to that?
  13. H

Sleepy bun

Awww! How sweet. What a cute rabbit! :love:
  14. H

Hello, I'm thinking about renevating this run I had that was completely inadequate so that I can attatch it to the hutch for more space for the bun. What kind of roofing does one use for a run? Mine currently doesn't have any roofing and I'm wondering how hard it would be to make and attatch...
  15. H

Keeping cool

How does one keep outdoor bunnies cool in the summer? I give my bun a frozen water bottle but I was wondering if there was anything else that anyone knew about. :)
  16. H

Some run/tube questions

What floor would you use in a run? What material for roofing? I wanted to attach land drainage pipe to the hutch and attach it to the run but I can't figure out how to attach it. :? Any ideas?
  17. H

Greens?

How much and how often should greens be fed? Is just grass and assorted greens in your garden fine or should you also mix in kale, etc. into their diet? I know it isn't good to vary the diet much, so exactly how much should it vary? Thank you!
  18. H

Different hays?

So my rabbit doesn't really love timothy hay. What are the other types of hay? Will he still get the same amount of necessary fiber as with timothy hay? Pros and cons? I have tried everything else with timothy, like mixing in veg, spraying with apple, putting it where he goes to the bathroom. I...
  19. H

Toys & Enrichment Problems

Yes! His hutch is very chewed and the toys are ignored. I guess he is not playful, I just don't want him to be bored... The wood-rope thing seems very good, I may have to try something similar. The tunnel idea seems genius as well. Willow tunnel seems amazing as he really loves willow. Was...
  20. H

Toys & Enrichment Problems

Sorry to be posting something else so soon again, haha I have taken my time looking through the large toy idea thread and through other threads and I haven't really found exactly what I'm looking for. My rabbit doesn't seem to like toys very much at all. I have tried jingly balls and...
Back