• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. BerryJane

when vets leave your practice

Just needed to let it out! ;-) I rang up Manor Vets today to book an appointment for Blossom to have his mouth looked at by the vet that definitely saved his life last August when his abscess was at his work. I was told that she no longer worked there! I feel a bit panic stricken. Our local...
  2. BerryJane

Zithromax reactions - advice needed please.

Blossom has been prescribed Zithromax by Marie Kubiak at Manor Vets today. I have just read loads of scary reports on here in previous threads to it being quite harmful to some. I wonder if they are going to have a reaction to it when may that occur. Straight away or building up? Bloss is not...
  3. BerryJane

Blossom has an abscess. Query # 79 20.09.16

Hi, Blossom is a frequent dental bun - between 4 - 6 weeks. Today is week 4, 5 day and as I had a day off I thought I would take him to the vets just to see how things were going with his back teeth. He is happy, lively and still eating everything. He goes off his herbs first but is still...
  4. BerryJane

Blossoms holidaying adventures.....

So today I dropped Blossom off on his holidays. It is the first time we have ever left him and he took more luggage with him than we will tomorrow for our holiday. :) :love: I was very worried about leaving my baby ... well nearly 4 year old.. but luckily I have left him with Mrs Bunnykins and...
  5. BerryJane

House rabbit boarding.

Hi all, After 3 years of not going away as a family - mainly down to Berrys health, we have booked to go away to visit family in Ireland over Easter. :shock: We have never left Blossom anywhere and the couple that looked after Berry and Tillie when we went away no long offer the service. Do...
  6. BerryJane

Struggling without my Berry.

Hi, I hope you don't mind if I have an indulgent 'me' post. I lost Berry on 26th September and have found it really hard without him in our home. For the last 5 months he has struggled with his arthritis and towards the end I was cleaning him 5 or 6 times a day to ensure he was dry and clean...
  7. BerryJane

Berry

Our wonderful Berry passed peacefully this morning. I am too upset to put too much at this point. I will later. He was 9, free range house rabbit who in the last few months had mobility issues. He was the most special heartbeat in our family. We are better for knowing him and worse for losing...
  8. BerryJane

A present off my son

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/1506986_10203461055278228_484684021_n.jpg Sorry dont know how to get the picture up any other way. My 16 year old brought me this for mothers day - just thought to add it here. It was a complete surprise and not even my husband knew...
  9. BerryJane

have any of you used aloe for your rabbits health?

As the title says really. A friend of mine works for forever living who work with aloe in a variety of products. Chatting to her yesterday she mentioned that there is a product that can help arthritis. I jokingly said ' Berry could do with some of that' when she told me that they do have vets...
  10. BerryJane

struggling to know what to do for the best.advice welcome.

Hi, some of you will know that my wonderful Berry has had treatment for arthritis for a while. In a nutshell he is on metacam and tramadol daily, cartrophen every 3 days and weekly acupuncture. He doesn't seem to be in pain, is eating well and responds to us when we walk in - he is a free...
  11. BerryJane

help for Berrys legs please.

Hi, Berry has had bad back legs for around a year now. We have completely adapted the living room to help him. He has been on metacam for a while . The vets - who are good I think - don't believe it to be arthritis more muscle waste and say there is nothing else they can do. He is getting...
  12. BerryJane

Berry resting on his cushion.

Just trying to post photos for the first time ... don't know how to make them smaller. This is my Berry :love::love: -he cant jump on and off chair anymore so his cushion has to be placed so he can manage. Will try to get others pictures up now too . . .. :oops: Many thanks to Georgypudding for...
  13. BerryJane

I love the fact that........

.........my baby Blossom knows when he is ready for bed and where to go. He leaves upstairs and sits outside the kitchen door. ........ Blossom can always be found behind Jacks desk between the hours of 10am - 12. ........Both Blossom and Berry know what the rustle of a treat wrapper means...
  14. BerryJane

Any spare vibes for my Bramble would be appreciated. U/D - We have lost our boy xx :(

I know there are a lot of poorlies out there but my Bramble is suffering today very much. Took him for his vaccinations on Thursday and mentioned he was eating oddly but ok in himself. Vet found spurs so he was booked in for a Dental Friday. This is his first although his brother Blossom has...
  15. BerryJane

Eyes in the back of your head!!

You really do need it when you have naughty buns!! Heard a bit of commotion earlier so I went to explore. Blossom had tipped the bathroom bin over, had a little rummage and was sat in the middle of the floor trying to get inside a twix wrapper!! Luckily there was little or no chocolate in there...
  16. BerryJane

Advice needed for Blossom following dental

Hi, I am looking for advice please. Blossom had a dental today. I picked him up at about 3.30pm. On return he has shown no interest in anything. Sitting a little hunched although is staying close to Bramble but not relaxed or chilled He had a dental a couple of months ago and came back fine...
  17. BerryJane

Berrys legs!!

So, Berry is having a bad weekend with his legs! A couple of months ago - after noticing him being wobbly for a while - I took him to the vets and she ( I do trust this vet completely) said it may be arthritis or it may be muscle waste. she said to try him on metacam for 2 weeks and see if...
  18. BerryJane

Advice needed for Blossom

Hi. I hope someone can give me any advice. Blossom is acting odd at times then perfectly normal at others. On Friday am I put him and Bramble in the outside run ( they are indoor bunnies - never in a hutch). They dont partciularly like this but today it seemed to really bother Blossom who just...
  19. BerryJane

New poster from Stourbridge

Hi, I have lurked for a while and also looked through threads for info myself. I have 3 wonderful house rabbits. Blackberry - Berry is nearly 8. When he was 1 we decided to get him a friend. We went to RSPCA and they matched him with my darling Tillie. The initial likeness didnt work and so...
Back