• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Kayaksteph

Not been on a while but sad news!

Hi all, I have not been on a while but some really sad new. First the good news. I got a new job and 2 months ago I got married. Now the sad news! Lola our 3 yr old lop had been in and out of the vets for a while with problems with her teeth! We just could not get her to eat hay! Out vets were...
  2. Kayaksteph

Stupid question! Can you change where a rabbit goes to the toilet?

As title says. Can you change where a rabbit goes to the toilet? Or would it be too hard to retrain? I want to move things about and make it easier for us to move about the flat. Thanks in advance Steph
  3. Kayaksteph

Sorry to ask for more medicine help.

Really struggling with Lola at the mo after getting her dental on Friday. She just won't eat hay, she is not interested but would happy nom on veg and nuggets. She is still not pooing a lot but she is eating her poo. I spoke to the vet and they suspect she is still a bit sore and have given her...
  4. Kayaksteph

Lola had a dental. UD 17 vibes please emergency treatment

Hi all. Just needing to pick people's brains on the following meds for Lola. Never heard of the meds and just seeing what info people can give me, ie how does the dosage look? What are the side effects? Liquid Paraffin 1ml twice a day Zantac Syrup 1ml 3 times day Lola has been moulting a...
  5. Kayaksteph

Happy Gotcha Day Lola (Photo heavy)

It has been a great year to own Lola. There has been hard times, chew times, nip times, Pee on my mum(Not me) times :oops: She has been so naughty over the past week as one of us hoomin parents has not been in so she has been playing up. In the next year i want to get her a partner. I love her...
  6. Kayaksteph

Female to female bond.

I know this is such a daft question! Can you fully bond 2 female rabbits? If you can is it any different from a normal bond? Sorry so dont know much about bonding! I really want to get a friend for Lola but oh is doubtful that we have enough space and as we are trying to move he doesnt want...
  7. Kayaksteph

Rabbits Grooming

Lola has been grooming us a lot. She normally does this when she is getting cuddles/stroked. Last night she was on the bed and she started grooming the bed more than normal. I really want to get her a partner but my OH says no and we just dont have the room plus trying to get the flat ready to...
  8. Kayaksteph

Friend needing help for rehome in Bishop Auckland Co-Durham

Hi All, As posted above. A friends sister is looking to rehome her bun. I dont know the curcimstances but i said i would ask if anyone can help here. Details Large French Lop Male Had the snip. Not sure about injections. He is roughly 14 months old. [/URL][/IMG] If I or her sister lived...
  9. Kayaksteph

Squee moment.

Sorry pic is a bit blurry. Last night was sat in bed watching tv while the Bf was ironing his shirts etc for work for the week and Lola hopped on the bed. At first she was just bouncing around then jumped on me and jumped off and had her back to me. So i thought i would just stroke her head...
  10. Kayaksteph

Lola has eaten a pill!

Oh has just come through with my contraceptive pill pack and Lola has eaten one. My question is should I take her to the vets or just keep an eye on her? She in herself is fine at the moment. Feel annoyed because I had moved them so I could remember to take them this morning. Feel so stupid...
  11. Kayaksteph

VioVet... How long

To people who have used them. How long do you normally wait for an order? And if you have to wait did they contact you?
  12. Kayaksteph

Clipping nails. Need help.

As title says any advise on clipping nails. Lola used to be fine but now she is petrified. We have tried so much and she is getting stressed and so are we. I am thinking about just calling the vets to get them to do it but I bet they will charge a fortune! Has anyone got anymore tips on this...
  13. Kayaksteph

Lola going for short holiday. :( but :)

First time i will leave Lola for more than 2 nights. She is going away for 4 days. We ae going down to Edinburgh for a weekend so away Friday, Saturday and back Sunday after going to knockhill but might be late so will pick her up on Monday, she is being dropped off on Thursday too as i have a...
  14. Kayaksteph

Today! 20/4/2013

As some of you may know that I play hockey. I have played for about 18 years now. I play for Ellon Ladies. I am a defender but can play any position on the pitch! Not a very fit player because of injury but will get back to fitness soon. Well for the first time for me and first time in 15 year...
  15. Kayaksteph

Pet stores in Aberdeen/shire?

As title says. Now that I know there are more folk from the area I live in. I only know of PAH, a place in Peterhead(not very big/good), or garden centres/ jrd's. Can anyone recommend anywhere else to get supplies from or try? Thanks in advance Steph
  16. Kayaksteph

Lola over the last month.

Well were to start. Put Lola in for her spay. Very worried about it all. Got her back for about a day and a half and noticed a hole in her wound. So called the vets at about 10pm. She got 2 stitches. She got kept in and came home with a collar on. I really didn't like it but was told it was for...
  17. Kayaksteph

Lola been spayed. Question about eating.

As title says I got Lola spayed today. Got her home about 4pm. She has drank water and had a chocolate treat but not eaten anything else and is no interested at the mo. Roughly how long before I should be getting worried? Never been through this before. Thanks in advance. Steph. X
  18. Kayaksteph

Behaviour change after being spayed

I am away to get Lola spayed next month and just wondering if/how she will change. I am worried that she will completely change and be a different bun. I love her personality.(exept when she tries to chew through my dyson hoover cable!) So what changes have you noticed if any in your buns...
  19. Kayaksteph

Lola Sleeping. Never seen her do this before.

What a fright i got when i saw her like this. Never seen her do it before. But it was so cute! She looks fat in the photos but she is skinny! [/IMG] [/IMG] Her on one of the old chairs looking super cute! [/IMG] :love::love::love::love::love: Cant wait to move to a bigger place and i am...
  20. Kayaksteph

Lola sneezing

Well Lola was sneezing only a couple of times last week but she sneezed about 4 times in a row last night and was a bit quite. She was eating/peeing/pooing fine but wanted to make sure. So we had a wee trip to the vet. She had been given meds just to make sure incase she has an infection! Vet...
Back