• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Ear problem

My little nethie has tatty scaly ears but it is nothing like the ear mite pictures. I've had her for 18 months and it is only the outer edge of the ear which is thickend and rough. The vet thought that she had been bullied by her "friend" and as she also lost a huge amount of weight she now...
  2. A

You know you've cracked it when..................

Your dear hubby gets all excited and says................. "I've just seen the rabbit eating her own poo!!!!":lol:
  3. A

Alternative to run around pipe/ tubing

Hi can anyone help suggest an alternative to the runaround pipe tubing? OH has built the housing part of the Bunny palace and we have mesh to make the outdoor run part but have spent rather (cough cough) a lot already. I wanted to see if there was a cheaper alternative to the tubing part of a...
  4. A

Holiday feeding and care

When we go away I try to make it easy for the friend who looks after my pets. At the moment they get fed pellets twice a day, but I would like to make it easier by telling friend to come once a day. I had thought of the Burgess cubes but that would mean a change of brands (also wondereing...
  5. A

The Bunny Palace -work in progress

Not much to see but I'm going to post as things happen! snow please go away as OH not like working in the cold! First the site as it was- the greenhouse is going to go to the allotment. [/IMG]
  6. A

Stanley and Ruby

[/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] Stanley and Rubyroo came from the RSPCA last month. They both had sad tales in thier past and were overlooked for along time. They are not house buns but live in a converted greenhouse until the bunny palace is built! They just came in for a hop around tonight, Stanley...
  7. A

Duncan going for neuter

I have taken decision to have Duncan neutered, it is a sad and hard choice as he is a lovely natured rabbit. Although he had a pedigree I had already decided before I even got him that I was not prepared to breed from him as I could not cope with the responsibilty of not knowing how the babies...
  8. A

Petition- re animals on Gumtree

Hi I came across this from Facebook, please look and sign, (if you agree- I guess we do:?) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Gumtree-Animal-Free/216716345024783 also there is a survey so another chance to make your views known. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XPM2XK5
  9. A

Duncan, his warren and first snow!

Duncan 4 month old smoke angora Sid rexcue racing pigeon with broken wing Duncan looking out at the snow The warren door Interior of the warren My two dwarfs are still in the house as they came in post spay and never went out again, they will go back for the summer. There are spare...
  10. A

Sainsbury's economy cat litter

Hi, I'm having a senior moment- one of many and cannot find the article on cat litter. I'm using Biocatolet at the moment and it's great, but I noticed Sainsbury's economy cat litter was really cheap by comparison only just over a £1 for a big bag. I wondered if anyone uses it and knows what it...
  11. A

Probably a daft question but............

Can I give my buns too much apple branches or twigs?? Duncan the angora has a nibble and has not even finished his first but the two dwarfs Lily and Mimi just LOVE apple prunings. I give them a cutting from the end of the branch so it is about 3-4 ft in length but not that fat, they can get...
  12. A

Hello from new member

:wave: Confession first, I had rabbits years ago when everyone kept them in hutches in the garden, were cleaned out, fed and watered and generally cared for but I was ignorant of thier needs.:(:(:( I am a spinner and kniter and having seen an angora at a wool festival I was so keen to get one. I...
Back