• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. supersonic

Finn - 30th July

My sisters lovely guinea pig left us last night. Apparently he just went downhill super quick and they rushed him to the vets. He didn't seem to cope very well in the heat the other week, but bounced back to a happy, chirpy boy. Vets wonder if it was a respiratory infection, but mum said it just...
  2. supersonic

Not using hind leg...

So yesterday, Sonic was out in the garden for ages. Doing his usual rabbity things, annoying my mum who was trying to repot some plants, keeping an eye on the guinea pigs as per usual, and played up when we were trying to catch him in. He thumped quite a bit overnight, however this is pretty...
  3. supersonic

Sonics fur... diet change or bad winter?

So finally, after a very traumatic, scruffy, grumpy moult, Sonic has the best winter coat yet. It's absolutely amazing! His diet is better than it was a couple of years ago, in the way that he eats way more hay, and more veg since I've become veggie, lol. Will this have anything to do with his...
  4. supersonic

Sonic's on his holidays!

I realise I'm a bit of a lurker now, but Sonic, Jake and Finn are still here and cracking us up on a daily! Sonic's 9 now, and he looks pretty damn good. Well, not at the moment, he's having a bit of a mega moult... Jake and Finn are lovely little boys with big personalities. Jake is the...
  5. supersonic

In preparation for Easter Bunny photos...

Please use this thread to post photos of your lovely bunnies on Easter :D They can be full on Easter themed, or just a normal picture of your furry buddies! Other animals welcome, however if you manage to get some bunny ears on, that's a bonus. Right then, let's see what beauties this thread...
  6. supersonic

Sonic has let me know that his snow days are over

:lol: After trying desperately to push his way out this morning, whilst I was changing his water and the snow was bucketing down, I thought I'd let him out for a wander now the sun's out. It was max 90 seconds before he turned round and hopped back into his house :lol: It was very much a...
  7. supersonic

Thoughts/Help

Just as I thought I'd got to grips with Sonic, here I am again, flummoxed :roll: This could be long, so please read the whole thing... if you make it... Today I noticed Sonic wasn't eating much hay, but had finished his pellets from last night. I offered him his two favourite things - a grape...
  8. supersonic

Do older rabbits need more pellets in Winter?

Sonic's doing great at the moment, he has a lovely thick coat and he's on top form. However, I'm worried about this bad winter we're supposed to be getting (British news scaremongering, I'm sure haha). He's an outdoor bun and would hate it if I put him inside... So do I increase his pellets a...
  9. supersonic

Reinforcing the floor!

I got Sonic a new hutch a few years back and made the mistake of not lino'ing it straight away. After a year or so, I got some sticky tiles from ebay, but didn't seal anything up, so urine still got underneath and it's not looking great at the moment! :oops: LUCKILY, it's a slide out floor, so...
  10. supersonic

A Bizarre Event

This happened a couple of weeks ago, and I've been umming and ahing about whether to talk about this on here. Basically, I don't want any arguments :lol: So, a couple of weeks ago, I went out to see Sonic before I went to bed, and he'd not eaten any of his food. This was probably about 3 hours...
  11. supersonic

Timothy Hay back in stock!

Typical! I ordered some from Colehay the other day :lol: At least I have guinea pigs to give it to if the rabbit's feeling fussy...
  12. supersonic

Close call with 2 foxes.

They came into the garden whilst I was out with Sonic. A big, healthy one and a younger pup. Sonic ran towards them :roll: I think they were just passing through, they seemed surprised and made no aggressive moves, just pelted when I shouted. They looked healthy enough not to be desperate for...
  13. supersonic

Moulting...

Has anybun started yet?? Sonic's usually shed a... shedload by now, but we've only had a few wisps. Maybe he just knows something about the weather we don't, y'know how animals can be!
  14. supersonic

An update on the Boys!

Since I've been away from here for a while, I thought I'd give you a couple of pictures :) Sonic's doing great. Since getting a bit older he's transitioned from a snow loving bun to a sun worshipping one, so he was super happy today playing in the sunshine. He's fit and healthy, eating loadsa...
  15. supersonic

It's that time of the year again... Bun in the rain!

Sonic's sat in the rain :roll: He does it every year, and every year I worry, and every year he's fine. I still don't like it. At least the pigglies are snuggling together, I've barely seen them all day, they just came out for some broccoli :lol:
  16. supersonic

"Where's the rest of the snow?"

Sonic seemed to be wondering that today :lol: By the time it had stopped falling it was starting to melt and get mushed up with the mud in the garden, but he was desperate to explore. It's also the piggies first snow! Luckily their pen was half covered in snow, so they had the choice if they...
  17. supersonic

Happy Halloween...

From these two goons! :lol: Took me a fair while to get them in position but I got it eventually. Why let a pumpkin coloured pig butt go to waste, ey?
  18. supersonic

Did someone say pretty boy?

One week after his dental and super happy with his new Timothy hay :)
  19. supersonic

Kale.

We (humans of the family) don't eat kale, so the pets have never had it. I thought I should try it with them so I bought a big bunch of curly kale from the local veg stall thinking "I hope they like it, otherwise this'll be a waste". :shock: It's not a waste... Never seen the rabbit gobble up...
  20. supersonic

Anybody use this hay? POOPS

http://www.timothyhay.co.uk/ Sonic's eating meadow hay at the moment, but I want to get some Timothy for his teeth. It's an outrageous price at P@H, so I was going to buy bulk instead. It has really good reviews! Obviously we always risk them not eating it when we buy in bulk, but I also have...
Back