• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. HoneyBear

When are you putting your indoor bunnies out?

Bear and Alice have been indoors for the winter as poor Alice has been suffering with her breathing after pneumonia 😩 They have an insulated dog kennel outside and I'm wondering when it will be warm enough to put them back out? I'm on the south coast and night time temperatures at the moment...
  2. HoneyBear

Nebuliser help

Thank you both, I have found one on eBay I am going to buy :) There is no way I will be able to hold it near her face she is very grumpy! How do I make a chamber? And how long and how often do I do it for?
  3. HoneyBear

Nebuliser help

Hello all! Not been on here in a long while had so much going on but please may I ask for some help? Alice had pneumonia a few months ago and she is still struggling with congestion. Vets have tried various medication but nothing seems to cure her squeaky breathing, she is absolutely fine in...
  4. HoneyBear

Alice has pneumonia

It never rains it pours :( Poor little mite she had an X-ray today with John Chitty which confirmed pneumonia and blocked sinuse, she sounds like a little fog horn. She's on antibiotics and is really bright in herself she's such a trooper. He's also taken bloods to check for EC as we lost...
  5. HoneyBear

Devastated we had Talullah put to sleep last night :(

Got home from work to find her with awful head tilt. By the time I got her to the vets she had gone down hill so much they put her to sleep pretty much as soon as I got there, vet said it was the worst case she had ever seen, I'm absolutely gutted she was only a year old. I've disenfected the...
  6. HoneyBear

Booked in at the vets with Alice later

Booked in for a dental on Monday :(
  7. HoneyBear

Booked in at the vets with Alice later

Had to force her to eat this morning and she didn't want to take her medicine. Pretty sure it's dental time again :(
  8. HoneyBear

Bunny laundry

I have brought a huge bit of vetbet for the bunnies as there not getting on with the lino in their kennel. It's seems to have done the trick as they are far more active BUT someone likes to pee on it :evil: Usually I wash the bunny blankets in a pillowcase but this is too big, any ideas on...
  9. HoneyBear

Just what we need another trip to the vets with Alice!

Talullah seems quite happy to go out side now but the other 2 spend most of their time sat indoors on the doormat :evil: None of them have worked the cat flap out though I have to wedge it open for them, my rabbits are obviously not to bright haha!
  10. HoneyBear

Absolute NIGHTMARE!! Sat in the waiting room for nearly an hour as an emergency came in. It was scorching hot and Alice was getting stressed so I made the decision to come home and have re booked the first appointment tomorrow :( I have bathed her eye and she seems much better, she has metacam...
  11. HoneyBear

She has a very sore pussy eye this morning :( It's something that happens quite a lot with her big boggly eyes she scratches it sometimes but never seen it so sore or with puss before. Please wish us luck she is old and weak now so even a minor trip to the vets is worrying.
  12. HoneyBear

My outdoor housing project - finishing touches are happening today!!!

No problem :) I had the size custom (wishing I had the indoor bit bigger now as they spend almost all there time in there, to late now but may be worth you considering) I had no gap between the run and enclosed part so we could fit a cat flap (which they still haven't worked out I have to prop...
  13. HoneyBear

Best friends :)

You may remember my thread about Alice being bullied by Talullah to the point of me almost separating them... Well, moving get them outside has completely changed the dynamic in the group!! They no longer chase and get aggressive over food, I never see them far from each other now I'm so happy :)
  14. HoneyBear

Any advice on getting bunny wee out of a mattress? :(

I'm an idiot! When I cleaned out the bunny room last weekend I left the bin bag from their litter tray on the bed for a few hours instead of taking it straight out and it leaked wee on the bed :( If scrubbed it with stain remover and used a steamer on it but I can't shift the smell! Any ideas? I...
  15. HoneyBear

My outdoor housing project - finishing touches are happening today!!!

It's from eBay! I'll dig out the name of the company for you :) I was so worried about putting mine outside but they have been fine so far.
  16. HoneyBear

Inside the bunny house....

Nothing much it happening as there to scared to get off the mat :lol:
  17. HoneyBear

I have outdoor bunnies!!

We have a run but it's not attached and we're not using it at all the moment at all as we have our old conservatory all over the lawn with lots of rusty nails etc lying around. Hoping we will have tidied up enough in the next few weeks for them to go out there. There a bit better this morning...
  18. HoneyBear

I have outdoor bunnies!!

I don't know weather to be happy for them or cry!! They haven't ventured very far around their shed yet, they are all huddled in their litter tray scared :cry: I'm sure it will just take some time for them to get used to it but at the moment I'm feeling very mean!
  19. HoneyBear

Look at us in our new house!

I don't think there keen on the foam mats :lol:
  20. HoneyBear

Look at us in our new house!

It's a dog kennel from eBay but I had a few customs done for the bunnies. They even came and put it together it was brilliant.
Back