• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. AlexandraLT

Rabbit has messy bum

I have a rabbit who keeps on getting clumps of poo stuck to his bum. This is becoming more and more often that I have to remove the clumps of poo off of him (by pulling it out)! I was just wondering whether this is a food problem and whether changing the food may make it less likely to clump...
  2. AlexandraLT

Head tilt

I have just been to check on my bunnies and have found one has developed a slight head tilt. It’s not awful like I have seen on the internet when googling. He also has what appears to be conjunctivitis in the eye which is facing up, I know this is a common problem with rabbits who have a head...
  3. AlexandraLT

Hair loss on nose

I have just gone to clean out the buns and have noticed that one of them has a patch of hair missing from her nose. She is a rescue rabbit so doesn’t like to be handled and is very timid so I can’t really get a full on proper look. I was just wondering whether anyone knows what has caused...
  4. AlexandraLT

Weeping eye

Hello, I have just been to look at my bunny, and have noticed that he has a very runny eye. Just looking for some further help on what this could be, I know the pictures aren't very clear but hopefully you can get some idea Thanks [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  5. AlexandraLT

Humping still??

I bonded Bonnie with Oggy a couple of weeks ago. And everything has been going well. No signs of aggression at all they are both grooming one another, and will sit by each other, haven't seen them flop by each other yet. When they were indoors Oggy was very obsessed with humping- she wasn't...
  6. AlexandraLT

Vegetables

What veg do you give most often to your bunnies? Mine like kale the best but don't know whether I give it too often? They only have carrots as a treat occasionally!
  7. AlexandraLT

Through the night

So as some of you know already I rescued a rabbit today. A little girlfriend for Oggy. Everything has been going well. But the last hour Oggy has literally just followed her round trying to hump her. He makes a buzzing noise whilst doing this. Earlier I thought it was going well and was...
  8. AlexandraLT

Feeling very nervous!

So Oggy is off on his date tomorrow, and I feel incredibly nervous. I don't know whether it's because I always think the worst. And I don't want him getting hurt. Or whether It's because I've never done this before so don't know what to expect. The plan is that she bonds them at the rescue...
  9. AlexandraLT

Dog kennel/shed

I'm looking at getting a new house for my two rabbits. I'm wanting to get a dog kennel or a shed/ aviary for them to live in instead of a hutch with a run attached. Any recommendations? Thanks :) 🐰
  10. AlexandraLT

Rescuing a rabbit to bond with Oggy

Hello, I have now found a potential wife for Oggy. She is at a rescue and they think she's about 7 months old. She had her op last week and she is healing well. (I'm off to meet her on Saturday). If all goes well then the following week they are suggesting potentially the first date- does...
  11. AlexandraLT

Bonding for the first time

I'm planning on getting my neutered male a girlfriend. There has been a rabbit advertised locally who has been spayed. I was just wondering whether there are any tips/tricks on how to bond the rabbits as I've never done this before and it makes me a bit nervous? Thanks :)
  12. AlexandraLT

Dry skin

Hello, Me again.. I seem to be going from not writing on here at all to nothing but constant worry with my rabbits. For the last couple of days I have noticed a small patch on the back of oggys neck which didn't feel quite right. Today I have been able to have a look at it and it looks like...
  13. AlexandraLT

Do I or don't I?!

I'm considering pairing up my neutered male with a spayed female. I'm having issues convincing my boyfriend to allow this as all the other (non spayed/neutered) have always ended up fighting. (I have tried to explain that it was because they weren't done) but also doubting myself just incase...
  14. AlexandraLT

Not eating!

Hello, My rabbit has decided to stop eating! Been here before after a neuter on my other rabbit and not a place I want to be in again! I have moved her from her original hutch to a hutch inside a shed to try to protect her from the weather so I don't know whether she's stressed from the move...
  15. AlexandraLT

Not eating after neutering!

Hello, Oggy got neutered yesterday, picked him up brought him home and he pretty much slept the whole evening. I left him the night and when checked on him this morning he hasn't eaten at all. I've offered him fruits: raspberries and blueberries, veg: peppers carrots and herbs: rosemary and...
  16. AlexandraLT

Baby buns!

Hello I've just picked up a male 9 week old rabbit. I'm just wondering what my options are. I know rabbits prefer to be in pairs. But I've had extremely bad luck with rabbit pairs so I'm just trying to do everything right. I don't know whether to get another male young bunny and then get them...
  17. AlexandraLT

Rabbit not eating

Hello, Due to change of circumstances I have had to move my 3 Netherlands dwarf rabbits outside (they all live seperately). Two of them are doing fine and are acting normal. The biggest of the three has decided he is not going to eat and is now looking rather sad and sorry for himself! He eats...
  18. AlexandraLT

Help!!

Hello. We have two sister female rabbits who are about 8 Months old! They have been living together happily until today!! They seem to of had a fight, we werent definately sure so put them back together and watched them closely! They were grooming eachother and then it turned into a little scrap...
  19. AlexandraLT

Bonding my rabbits!

Hello i have decided to tell you my progress about my bonding. As im not an expert and i feel that i could get some helpful advise. As most of you will know i have three netherland dwarf rabs who have been seperated for gender issues. I now feel it is time to put them back together, or at least...
  20. AlexandraLT

Where can i get a 6Ft hutch

Hello. Im looking for a 6ft hutch and kind of want it so it has a run underneath, but im struggling! Thanks :)
Back