• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J&R

Introducing Jess

She's pretty timid so please say a quiet hello to Jessamine or Jess as I've been calling her. I'm sure she'll get her confidence up soon, she's only been here 2 days but is enjoying garden time and will come up to sniff me if I sit still and will happily accept crunchies from my hand...
  2. J&R

Not eating hay

After Rosie died Fiver stopped eating much hay, he's not ill and his teeth are fine. He only has a small handful of pellets so it's not that he's filling up on other things. He's just spent two and a half weeks at RRR trying to bond during which time he ate hay perfectly well, he came home last...
  3. J&R

My sad boy

He doesn't like being on his own, we both miss her so much :( do people think it's ok to nag the rescue about getting back to me so I can at least make him happy again? And is there anything I can do other than try to keep him occupied to stop him feeling lonely and bored? I hate seeing him...
  4. J&R

Lots of foraging today

Love this time of year for finding Fivers favourite things, on the menu today Dead nettles (White & purple) dandelions, coltsfoot, plantain, dog rose, little bit of hawthorn and his absolute favourites, milk thistle and goose grass :D
  5. J&R

Rosie

My darling girl, I never even wanted a rabbit but you came into my life anyway and I never imagined how much I could love you. I took you away from a home where you were neglected and thought I'd find a nice rescue who'd look after you, but you had other plans. At the vets when you were scared...
  6. J&R

Could Rosie have some vibes please? UD gone

Just got home from work and she seems to be having problems breathing. I know the pollution is bad at the moment but I worry that being a bigger lady her heart might struggle. Off to the vets in ten minutes but any positive thoughts coming her way would be appreciated
  7. J&R

Fiver loves his dandelions

:love:
  8. J&R

Mia's diary

I promised Babsie updates on how Mia got on so thought this would be a good place to put it. Sat 7th Feb After quite a long journey I got to my new house and after hiding for a little bit, thought I'd best go check it out. Here I am exploring I wasn't sure about some of the noises...
  9. J&R

Excel pellets

I know this has been discussed in the diet section but does anyone else think the new size pellets are too small? I Posted on their Facebook page and they say these are the original size, the machine was just making them too big for a while. I'm sure they never used to be this tiny, it's like...
  10. J&R

Spring fever!

I've never seen Fiver try to hump Rosie before, but I've just spent the last ten minutes crying with laughter as he kept trying to jump on then slide off as soon as he tried humping :lol: I got a very bad photo as he tried to get back on for the tenth time before getting exhausted and just...
  11. J&R

Bringing outdoor buns in

Since sadly losing my cat I have been pondering whether to bring my two outdoor buns to live inside. I can switch the heating off in the conservatory and put them in there whilst the weathers cold but I'm just worried, I'm pretty sure Rosie would really like being inside but suspect Fiver would...
  12. J&R

My cat Sheba

Today I had to take my darling girl to be put to sleep. She was diagnosed with liver cancer last week, having stopped eating suddenly three weeks ago. She spent the last two weekends in intensive care on a drip and both times came home but still was unable to eat or drink. Last night she...
  13. J&R

How long do you leave your buns alone for?

Without someone in to feed and look in on them? I've said I don't want to leave mine for just over 24 hours on Christmas to Boxing Day, am I being daft or sensible? I've never left them for that long before without the pet sitter coming round but no chance of that on Christmas Day.
  14. J&R

Myxomatosis question

Hi, Rosie was diagnosed with myxi this morning. Luckily she is up to date with her vaccinations and only has one nodule so the vet seemed positive that she will recover fully. She's been prescribed baytril and has another appointment in 9 days time. The vet said there was no need to separate her...
  15. J&R

Flopping ear

Fiver seems to have hurt his ear somehow, one is flopping down to the side (he's an uppy ear) Do I need to emergency vet him please? He seems perfectly happy, eating, pooing and running around - its just one ear has flopped! Thank you
  16. J&R

Bunny baking help please

I'm attempting to bake home made treats from pellet dust, herbs and hay. I've added some water, 2 pouches of Ella's kitchen purée and half a banana but its not binding together. Help please, what should I add to bind it? My two don't really like bananas so I'm trying to keep that to a minimum
  17. J&R

Sulking

How long do your buns sulk for after a vet trip? Fiver went yesterday afternoon and not only is he still not talking to me, he's refusing any food I give him (he's happily eating grass and brambles from the bush but if I cut a piece off for him he refuses it and he won't eat his pellets) he's...
  18. J&R

Sundays were made for...

Afternoon naps :love: Who said that?
  19. J&R

Behaviour question

When Rosie puts her ears back like this am I right in thinking she's asking Fiver for grooms?
  20. J&R

Am I allowed to change my name?

Fiver is most miffed that my name is only Rosie and my initials, am I allowed to change it please?
Back