• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Hele

Sleep tight Poppy.

My lovely little Poppy left us last week, she has left her very confused husbun Thor behind :( Pops was a wonderful little girl, pretty much blind and I suspect mostly deaf as well but the happiest little ball of fuzz ever! Admittedly I often wondered if she ever had any idea of what was going...
  2. Hele

We went to a hamster show!

And came home with a new little friend :love: All my recent hams have been rescues and all have been very wary of humans and very hand shy aaannnndddd in turn I had lost my confidence with them, I really needed a friendly little chap that was already happy to be handled who could help me build...
  3. Hele

Happy gotcha day Lilley dog!

One year ago toady we got a phone call from the Rspca saying that we had passed our home check and could pick up our little doglet... Can you make later on today? We could and we did and she has been the most perfect fit imaginable for us :love: And how did we celebrate her special day? By...
  4. Hele

Mischievous bunnies :)

I've had these pics a while but thought I'd share my little gits doing what they do best... Causing trouble :lol: Loki wants the whole bale :p 'Scuse the hay everywhere, I had just filled up the hay storage boxes from the bale and was trying to refil the readi grass bags as well :lol...
  5. Hele

Buns and a snowman!

With 3 housebuns and rather a lot of snow I thought they might like to play in it but obviously couldn't take them out in the cold so I brought the snow in to them! ETA - sorry the pics are so huge, i did resize them so hopefully they will catch up soon! Loki first; he was happy to see me...
  6. Hele

How much is excessive drinking?

My boys have always drunk a lot of water, ever since they were babies. I asked a vet about it a couple of years ago and was reassured that my boys were healthy and that some just do drink more than others. When we adopted Poppy her drinking gradually crept up to rival the boys. They get an...
  7. Hele

Alternative to the dangerous runs?

You know the metal rabbit runs with slightly too wide bar spacing that can kill rabbits? these ones... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Business-Rabbit-Enclosure-Galvanised-Sunshade/dp/B0084S2BOI/ref=sr_1_9?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1414162717&sr=1-9&keywords=Rabbit+run Does anyone know of any with a...
  8. Hele

My sleepy Lilley woof.

Lilley the dog thinks she has a hard life... What do you think :lol: Sorry about the terrible quality pics, iPad does not work brilliantly in soft lighting!!! Plus a bonus vid of sleep woofing :love: I was naughty and let her on the bed (she isn't really allowed :oops:)...
  9. Hele

Boarding for house buns Sheffield?

I may need a few days boarding for my bunsters over winter but with them being house rabbits I need somewhere that has either indoor accomodation or at least well insulated and heated sheds or the like. I've found a few places through google but they are all a bit of a drive and if there is...
  10. Hele

Hay in Sheffield?

I'm looking for somewhere to buy good quality bales in Sheffield. I've tried several local horsey shops with no luck. I've heard Pennine Country Store is good? If so that'll be good but it will be an hour round trip for hay :shock: anyone got any other suggestions? My latest bale was a lucky...
  11. Hele

Some of my last photos of Farore

I have had these photos for a while, I took them intending to share them, but didn't get around to it for a few weeks... and then Farore got ill and we lost her so they never got posted. Well they are photos I love and she was a wonderful girl and so I am sharing them! I bought them a few...
  12. Hele

Loki tonight.

My little Loki Doki in his room tonight :love: and his room :p
  13. Hele

I just emailed...

A rescue About a baby bunny Eek :shock: I am not completely sure I am ready for a new bunster yet after Farore :( but I think Loki is and that is the most important thing here. Wish me luck!
  14. Hele

Farore 7.4.10 ~ 8.7.14

Well my Big Girl, I am so sorry that I have to be writing this :cry: you had less than a year with us and your husbun Loki. But I know you were loved as much by your foster mummy Catherine09 as you were loved here, so I know that the last 2 years of your life you were safe and loved. You were a...
  15. Hele

Farore is poorly... She is gone.

I was away Friday night with my OH looking after the buns. My OH says she was perfectly normal up until yesterday evening when I got home. Last night she was eating fine and acting normal but there were a few very odd looking poos, looked like a mix of Cecal and normal poop or very sloppy...
  16. Hele

Little Rogue the hammy :(

My three legged hammy went to the bridge today, she was very elderly and had been showing her age for the last few months. I'd been keeping her going with baby food, it really gave her a new lease of life but she had clearly reached the end. I looked into her cage early afternoon and smiled at...
  17. Hele

Stunning dog walk - pics

I went 'home' to Chichester yesterday to see a friend who has been having a really rough time lately. Although I don't live there anymore it still feels like home way more than where I actually live does :roll: I took Lilley and we had a lovely time walking her and she was as good as gold even...
  18. Hele

Hamster piccies! :)

Gave my little Russian hybrid hams a complete clean out this afternoon and took some pics. Bot hams are well over 2 and I am so chuffed with how they are doing :love: especially little Rogue my tripod ham! They both aged loads after Christmas but I started giving them baby food and the results...
  19. Hele

All 4 of my buns! Very photo heavy!

It was the boy's gotcha day the other week so in celebration I did a full clean out :lol: and each pair got a slinky :p then I settled down and took loooaaads of photos! I hope the photos aren't massive, I did go through and resize them all but it's hard to tell on an iPad. First Thor and Poppy...
  20. Hele

Buying prescription meds online help!

Farore is going back onto daily metacam :( and I got a small bottle from the vets for now and a prescription to buy more much more cheaply online. It's a repeat prescription. How on earth does that work? Do I need to buy all the repeats at once, or can I just use the same prescription each time...
Back