• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. hartleyhare

Vets refusing vaccinations

I spoke to my vets yesterday and was informed that they are not offering rabbit vaccinations at present due to covid. They are, however, offering puppy and kittens vaccinations. I thought this was may be due to problems obtaining the vaccines, but no. Apparently vaccinations are at the...
  2. hartleyhare

Bonding advice please

I have been trying to bond a foursome. Initially I put them in the utility room but as the back door is in there it proved to be too inconvenient not being able to use the back door. So after one day I put them in the computer room - also neutral territory, not used by any of the buns before...
  3. hartleyhare

Dolores

Dolores, who has now been with us for 12 months. She is a French Lop crossbred with an English Spot. http://imgur.com/S99F2Gs http://imgur.com/PwG8W6m
  4. hartleyhare

Sebastian

A couple of pics of Sebastian aged around 4 weeks . You can see the stapled wound from the cat attack in third pic. Were they both really that small once. http://imgur.com/3GyniCB http://imgur.com/zwZrR94 http://imgur.com/6UB9HLz
  5. hartleyhare

FAO moderator to check artwork for sale

I have put an advert and pictures in the for sale section, could someone have a look please and check it's okay and within the forum rules, etc. Thanks
  6. hartleyhare

Amber

This is Amber, one of the wild buns, taken when she was 3-4 months old. http://imgur.com/kL02bR0
  7. hartleyhare

Selling Rabbit Artwork

I started painting awhile ago and naturally I'm drawn to painting rabbit inspired ideas. I painted a moon gazing rabbit canvas as a xmas gift for a friend and also several others at the same time. They are all different but similar. I have plans for other rabbit paintings in a different style...
  8. hartleyhare

Stoat In Garden

A couple of months ago I was walking across the garden. It was a nice day so all the buns were in their runs. As I passed by Aubrey and Smint's run ( real name Peppermint ) I caught a flash of movement by one of the Lavender plants. I almost didn't stop as thought it was a mouse or bird but some...
  9. hartleyhare

Neutering question

I'm not sure if I should have put this in Health, so maybe someone can move it if need be. Sebastian, my wild bunny, is booked in for castration next week. He went for the second half of his VHD2 jab a fortnight ago, so I had a chat to Dave about it and voiced my concerns about it. Apart from...
  10. hartleyhare

Baby Wild Rabbit Advice Please

I have been brought a baby wild rabbit who has been attacked by a Stoat. There is a superficial wound on bun's neck from being grabbed, doesn't appear to be punctured just skin torn a little. My biggest concern is bun has a slight head tilt, damage caused by being shaken perhaps? Lady had bun...
  11. hartleyhare

Bedding Alternatives

Hartely has always been a chewer, but in later life he's got worse and his new wife copies him. I use fleece blankets in the bottom of the dog crate, the dog basket has a self heat pad covered with fleece blanket and there are short weave rugs on the floor as it's tiled. The sofa has fabric...
  12. hartleyhare

Spring fever??

Following on from my recent post about my bereaved bunny Hartley, he has now been bonded to a lovely English cross, who we have named Dolores. They grt in very well together except for over the past two weeks she appears to have a good dose of spring fever. She will continually hump him and...
  13. hartleyhare

Bonding Underway

Yesterday we went and collected Hartley's prospective new wife. She is on approval. This morning I put them together in the utility room ( H has never been in there ). It's going well although H is not happy about being ousted from his cozy conservatory. I popped into PAH earlier and saw three...
  14. hartleyhare

Can RVHD11 vaccinated bun catch disease

This afternoon, I discovered Rubi was seriously ill and before I could call the emergency vet she died. I noticed she was very bloated and her nostrils were blocked. I was attempting to clean her nostrils when she died. She had not been unwell at all. Two or three weeks ago ( I can't remember...
  15. hartleyhare

Amusing US bunny advert

Saw this whilst watching a documentary earlier. Thought it was quite funny. Hubby did the link as I'm useless with technology.
  16. hartleyhare

Settling in

Settling in together. Note the totally dippy expression on Peppermint's face:love: [/URL][/IMG] Not sure what this pose is all about:lol:
  17. hartleyhare

Peppermint an Aubrey

This is Peppermint [/URL][/IMG] This is Aubrey And this is the beginning of their love affair. He is totally smitten with her , cannot bear to be more than a couple of inches away from her. They are together all the time and I've seen her washing him. The hurt, angry expression she had...
  18. hartleyhare

Peppermint Is Going Speed Dating

Peppermint - or Smint as she is more commonly known - has an appointment tomorrow to meet several prospective husbuns:D. We are both very excited about it. I hope the new love of her life is amongst them.
  19. hartleyhare

What next

Rermi was PTS two days ago and so Peppermint is now adjusting to life without her soulmate. It is the first time she has experienced loss. However, when she starts to feel a little better we will be thinking about the future. Options seem to be A/ take Smint ( silly nickname that stuck ) to a...
  20. hartleyhare

Rabbit rescue in Poland

I've been reading the thread started by the Polish rabbit rescue. Such heart rendering stories and such amazing work being done to help these bunnies. I would like to help so just considering which is best way. I support rescues here from time to time but I don't like to give money as I don't...
Back