• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Fellie

The dental that wasn't

Lenny went in on Tuesday for a dental - turns out he didn't actually need one as the spurs were so small. The history of this was: Wednesday last week he wasn't interesting in his morning pellets, reluctantly ate a fenugreek but happily chomped on hay. He ran towards the pellets keenly enough...
  2. Fellie

Amazon Gift cards

I was given Amazon gift cards for Christmas - there's nothing I particularly want for myself - but loads I want for my rabbits - they're gonna be happy bunch of bunnies:lol:
  3. Fellie

Senior rabbit food

It has suddenly occurred to me that contrary to their behaviour a couple of my buns are now classed as 'senior' - ie. over 5 years old. I am about to order some more food for them all - is there really much point in ordering SS for Senior Buns? I always gave Junior pellets to my babies but...
  4. Fellie

What would your buns like for Chrismas if they were human?

One of my random chats with the buns whilst feeding them this morning involved asking them what they'd like for Christmas if they were human - the answers I got were: Bobo - a pipe and a velvet smoking jacket Bug - baking equipment and arts and crafts stuff Princess - a pink glittery tiara...
  5. Fellie

Prudhoe

This is a bit of a late post - but Prudhoe, we'll never ever forget you. Your daddy whom you adored was visiting me in hospital and arrived home to find you have severe breathing difficulties and rushed you to the bunny A&E with you wifey-bun Bug. The bunny doctor did her best for you and had...
  6. Fellie

The heat got to Bobo

I'm sure Trinity will be seeing other heat affected buns as well - we had to take in Bobo this morning who is in stasis. Ate his dinner last night - but turned his nose up at breakfast. We sat in the waiting room - and were so embarrassed - there was a man there with his bunny out of the box...
  7. Fellie

Potential foster homes in kent

Not sure if this is the right place - but I am wanting to put out feelers for potential bunny fosters for a couple of pairs of my buns for when I go into hospital later this year. My husband is adamant that he will be fine looking after all the buns AND the dogs - but whilst it's fine for a day...
  8. Fellie

Bug is having a dental - what should I expect?

My wee Lady Bug has been admitted rather suddenly for a dental. She wasn't eating last night and it seemed like stasis to me then, so gave her some metacam and she was much better when we went to bed and nibbling on hay. This morning she is her normal self - begging for food etc, but she was...
  9. Fellie

Bunnies are at long last earning their keep

Going on from the Gardening Thread in General Chat, where bunny poop tea is mentioned - I thought I would brew up some of my own. I was chatting to our next door neighbour a couple of nights ago and she owns an allotment and brings me excess veggies - so I offered her a couple of bottles of...
  10. Fellie

Heart is yelling YES...head is whispering no..

Just been into my local Jollys ...they have a rescue bun...a gorgeous chocolate brown doe. They don't know much about her...she was surrendered when they learnt he intended to leave her alone in a hutch for 3 months whilst he went away on holiday. So I doubt she is vaccinated or spayed and I...
  11. Fellie

Using 2 vets

I used to be with Companion Vets before we moved to Maidstone - they were fine, and knew basic treatment protocols for stasis etc. I joined their monthly payment scheme which was £6 per month per rabbit to cover vaccinations and other bits and pieces and it worked out well - especially not...
  12. Fellie

Another nobivac myxo-rhd vaccine shortage

I have just received a letter from Trinity Vets - there seems to be another shortage of this vaccine. MSD Animal Health are supplying each veterinary practice with a bottle of vaccine containing 50 doses which have be given within 4 hours of the bottle opening...my vets will be holding a...
  13. Fellie

Shelly Bean is just too clever

Whilst I was away this weekend - hubby was in charge of the buns. And Sheldon has quite obviously picked up that daddy is also a 'person of food':lol: I had a text from hubby this morning whilst I was on my way to work - it said 'have you fed the buns - or is Shelly telling me porkies?' -...
  14. Fellie

Happy 4th Gotcha Day Holly

4 years ago, I was in P@H, and made the mistake of walking past the adoption centre and noticing a little black and white lop ear bun...had to miss as she was on her back feet, pawing at the glass. I stopped to speak to the bun - and that was that - she was so sweet and friendly. So I...
  15. Fellie

Stoopid Lenny

That boy is rather short in brain cells bless him :love: I came home last night and raced upstairs as usual to check on the buns and I couldn't see Lenny in his pen - his wifey-bun was happily hopping around, but no Lenny :shock: The I realised where he was - they have one of those wooden...
  16. Fellie

I do love my doggy walker/pet sitter

I had an irate phone call from hubby at 9am - he was just leaving for work and did a last bunny check - Lenny decided to be in pain and not eat. Hubby had enough time to try and get him in the box to whisk him to the vets but Lenny decided to play silly ******* and wouldn't get in and hubby...
  17. Fellie

I very much admire and respect owners of outdoor rabbits!

I mumbled and groaned at my buns this morning - "do you know how lucky you silly creatures are - mummy is up at 5am feeding you ungrateful beasts" - and then I went outside! BRRRRRR!!!! How on earth you do it in these temperatures I do not know - I guess that is love for you, and of course I...
  18. Fellie

I can always rely on rabbits to let me down!!!

Little tinkers :lol: I went to see my family this weekend - I left first thing Friday morning, leaving hubby in charge of the dogs, rabbits, budgies etc. Just as I was leaving he decided to through a wobbly about it all - he was just worried because he was working long hours all weekend...but...
  19. Fellie

Bug is in hospital - UPDATE

Poor wee lass has stasis - no gut sounds and tummy is very bloated :(. She was fine last night at midnight - gobbling down fenugreeks but not eating this morning. She is still my feisty little Bug though - gave the vet a hard time :love: She has lost weight though which I'm pleased about as...
  20. Fellie

Dear Rabbits

To my darling floofy thumpalots This letter is sent to inform you that I have plans this weekend...plans that involve making Bobo a much bigger pen and settling Joey and Frankie into their new pen as a newly married couple. I would be so incredibly grateful if you could all abstain from...
Back