• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Lady Logamorph

Doe passed away after neutering

Hi everyone, So had a stressful weekend as my gorgeous doe Felica passed away after her neutering and just wondered if I could have peoples opinion as I'm feeling so guilty and upset about the situation. Long story short....she was neutered on Wednesday afternoon. She was bleeding from the...
  2. Lady Logamorph

VHD Question

Just wondered if anyone knew the answer to the questions below 1. Can an un vaccinated rabbit catch VHD or VHD2 from a rabbit which has recently been vaccinated with the combi vaccine? 2. If a rabbit dies from what may be VHD can you bury the bunny in the ground or is it best to take to the...
  3. Lady Logamorph

Sulfamethoxazole cost

Hi Guys, I've just been prescribed a 100ml bottle of pediatric Sulfamethoxazole (septrin) for my conti big Daisy who has has nasal discharge and sneezing and the vet charged me £41 Just wondered if anyone else has been charged this much? I did query it and the vet said they had to use a...
  4. Lady Logamorph

Septrin dose

Hi Guys, does anyone have an idea of the Septrin(40mg/200mg per 5ml) dose per Kg for a rabbit with an eye infections that hasn't responded to abx eye drops (he also has some different eye drops but I can't pick these up until monday) He weighs 3.5 kg and the reason I'm confused is the vet told...
  5. Lady Logamorph

Daisy has just choked on a science selective pellet

So I gave her her tea and went in the kitchen....next minute I could hear her crashing around and when I looked she was struggling to breath and all this foamy saliva was coming out of her mouth. I tried to lift her up so her head was down but it was difficult as she's a conti and also she was...
  6. Lady Logamorph

pneumonia sudden death worried about other bunnies

One of my bunnies passed away on friday evening quite suddenly from what the vet thinks was pneumonia. She was nearly six years old and neutered and vaccinated. On thursday evening I did think her nose looked slightly damp but checked her over and she seemed ok and was eating. It was very wet...
  7. Lady Logamorph

Advice for respiratory infection

Hi Guys, so one of my bunnies Nomnom I noticed on sunday he was breathing really noisy especially when he eats. He's 4 years old, male, neutered and was vaccinated around a month ago. I also put some advantage flea treatment on him 2 weeks ago as I noticed some cat fleas on them. Strange thing...
  8. Lady Logamorph

Fifi 2006 - 26 April 2015

I saw you in an adoption centre in June 2014 when you were 8 and was worried about you as I was told you were not coping very well. I told my friend and said if you were not re homed by next week I would be tempted to go and get you. I didn't need to wait that long because the next day I came...
  9. Lady Logamorph

Rabbit thick white nasal discharge and bad smell

Hi Guys, one of my bunnies Fifi has taken a turn for the worse over the past few days. She has had snuffles for about a year and we have tried various abx. Septrin has previously got it under control when she has a flare up but she has a lot of white thick discharge from her nose and I have...
  10. Lady Logamorph

What flooring do people use for Rex rabbits?

I have a foster at the moment that is a Rex rabbit. This is the first Rex I have looked after. I've noticed he has slight hocks starting and wondered how to avoid this getting worse. He's in an outhouse at the moment with a run attached which is on concrete. He sleeps in a litter tray filled...
  11. Lady Logamorph

6ft double hutch advise

I'm looking to buy a 6ft double hutch as the 6ft single I have is falling apart (the roof is cracking) and I find it hard bending down all the time so wanted to get a double so I can feed them in the top section. I have seen this one but has anyone bought it? I need the flooring to be quite...
  12. Lady Logamorph

Angora rabbit grooming tips

So I have fostered a lovely little angora for a local rescue and he has lots of lugs. The rescue have got many of the lugs off...in fact his legs were fused to his body and he couldn't walk! I'm trying to remove the remaining lugs by cutting them really carefully but I'm terrified of cutting...
  13. Lady Logamorph

How long do people stay on facebook rabbit groups for without getting kicked out?

I never seem to last long before shooting my mouth off :roll: Someone going on about how they wanted a certain breed of rabbit and colour and was going to show it blah blah blah. My response of 'You sound like you are shopping for a handbag not a rabbit' got me kicked out :lol: Some people...
  14. Lady Logamorph

So.....I have a new little man join our crazy house....

...he's come all the way from Transylvania and if anyone can guess what he is I will post a picture!
  15. Lady Logamorph

Old lady Fifi

Thought people might like a few pictures of one of my foster bunnies Fifi...she is 9 and has a few health issues but still manages to make us all laugh with her antics like getting in the dishwasher and licking the plates and jumping into bowls of cereal...she is a character :lol: This is what...
  16. Lady Logamorph

Good pro biotic for long term use

I have a 9 year old rabbit who has had digestive problems since being spayed around 3 months ago along with a dental. My vet has now decided that she cannot offer her any more treatment due to her age as the only option now would be a biopsy which she feels is too invasive for her. I want to...
  17. Lady Logamorph

Old rabbit with jelly in poo

Hi everyone, I have an elderly rabbit who is approx 9 years old called fifi. She was neutered and had a dental a few months ago which she recovered from ok. Since then she has had a snuffly nose so has been on a course of septrin but the main problem is her poos haven't been right since being...
  18. Lady Logamorph

6ft hutch on preloved £75 Stockport

Not sure if its gone or not but saw it today and thought I would post in case anyone is looking in that area http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/111358351/large-rabbit-hutch-for-sale.html
  19. Lady Logamorph

To spay or not to spay?

For an 8 year old bunny....what do people think? She is happy although not eating hay. Has anyone else had a bunny of this aged spayed and were they ok, did they recover well?
  20. Lady Logamorph

Meet Maggie...the box bunny my new foster

Hi everywone, my name is Maggie I think I have had so many names i forgot I was not in a vewwy nice hutch it was small and I was wiv my sister and for some weason a hooman put us in a box in a bin but luckily we escaped wiv our teef. We were taken to a vet wiv our bruvver and anuver hooman...
Back